Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Hershey/Dutch Wonderland Memorial Day weekend event  (Read 3080 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
  • Spunk: 9
Hershey/Dutch Wonderland Memorial Day weekend event
« on: February 09, 2007, 06:51:51 PM »
I just wanted to share the following information on the WNYCC event at Hershey and Dutch Wonderland on Memorial Day weekend for anyone that might be interested in attending:

Just got confirmation of a 2nd evening ERT at Hershey. 

We can get into Hershey at 7:30 pm on Saturday - Sat nite ERT on Lightning Racer (and 10:15 pm fireworks!) AND Sunday nite ERT on Storm Runner (park closes at 10 pm both nites).  Plus a great meal at Hershey at 5 pm on Sunday.  If there are 125 or more, we have the catering for TWO hours.  If there are less than 125, we have the picnic for an hour.  Plaque presentations, talk on the history of Hershey and Q&A included.   And maybe some fun surprises!

Sky Princess ERT 9-10 am Saturday at Dutch Wonderland before the park opens and a continental b'fast afterwards.  Stay as long as you'd like. 

There will be an optional group dinner about 4-4:30 pm at Plain n Fancy (Amish restaurant nearby with family-style seating/service).  We should be able to get a discount for this...

Geoff found Red Roof in Harrisburg South for 51.99/night and got a block of 25 rooms to be booked before May 1.  He'll have other hotels listed on the flyer (forthcoming).

2007 is Hershey's 100th anniversary, so it will be great to get 100+ attending!  Plus it's the grand opening May 26 of their new Boardwalk.  Pass the word!

flyer out soon...  have a great weekend! 

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Spunk: 11
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Hershey/Dutch Wonderland Memorial Day weekend event
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »
Looks good to me
It's been a few years since a Hershey event  :)
Yo

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: -123
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2007, 05:50:02 PM »
Why do all of these events have to be so close together???

Holiwood Nights... Coaster Mania... This event... yada yada yada... I wish I was self employed.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:48:20 PM »
This year so many events. So many parks I haven't been to at all or in years.
I got to get out to Cedar point this year.
May be driving out for the Coastermania/Geauga Lake and maybe Kennywood on the way if anyone wants to go.

Yo

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 01:51:38 AM »
I'll be at CP Thursday before Coaster Mania, and at CP Friday of Coaster Mania... Saturday will be the drive home. I'm staying in a cabin on property... so if you go, we'll have to meet up somewhere along the way!

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »
I never been to CP so any recommendations. So I really need to get there this year.
But I know the event starts like 4:30am so a day early is a good move.
Yo

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 15
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2007, 10:27:10 AM »
Only recommendation I have is to NOT stay at the Sandcastle.  Breakers has a better location, is much cheaper and the SC wasn't even all that nice.  It needs some rehab work.  So with that said, book early because Breakers fills up fast.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 04:10:35 PM »
If I do go will probably try to stay at a "cheaper" less expensive.
Mostly use the hotels/motels for sleep (normally not much sleep) with the early/late ERT's

Now if I was bringing Family/Kids thats a different story
Yo

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2007, 07:08:53 PM »
I never been to CP so any recommendations. So I really need to get there this year.
But I know the event starts like 4:30am so a day early is a good move.

Registration starts at 4:30... you have until 6 to register, then ERT starts... I usually stay at the Super 8 like 5 miles away for less than $50 a night... Breakers Express is even closer at around 70-80 a night.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2007, 06:21:36 PM »
The event flyer is now available:

http://www.wnycc.org/coasterfest.spring.fling.2007.flyer.pdf

Sounds pretty good!  I think we'll attend.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
  • Spunk: 12
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 08:19:39 PM »
If I do go will probably try to stay at a "cheaper" less expensive.
Mostly use the hotels/motels for sleep (normally not much sleep) with the early/late ERT's

Now if I was bringing Family/Kids thats a different story

Cheaper and still "ON SITE" go for breakers express . It is over the bridge but last time we stayed there it was like 99 a night.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 09:04:07 AM »
How did this turn into a Cedar Point thread?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 15
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 09:16:35 AM »
Honestly Sue, I think I contributed to it LOL   Sorry about that!

So, as a reminder!!!

I just wanted to share the following information on the WNYCC event at Hershey and Dutch Wonderland on Memorial Day weekend for anyone that might be interested in attending:

Just got confirmation of a 2nd evening ERT at Hershey. 

We can get into Hershey at 7:30 pm on Saturday - Sat nite ERT on Lightning Racer (and 10:15 pm fireworks!) AND Sunday nite ERT on Storm Runner (park closes at 10 pm both nites).  Plus a great meal at Hershey at 5 pm on Sunday.  If there are 125 or more, we have the catering for TWO hours.  If there are less than 125, we have the picnic for an hour.  Plaque presentations, talk on the history of Hershey and Q&A included.   And maybe some fun surprises!

Sky Princess ERT 9-10 am Saturday at Dutch Wonderland before the park opens and a continental b'fast afterwards.  Stay as long as you'd like. 

There will be an optional group dinner about 4-4:30 pm at Plain n Fancy (Amish restaurant nearby with family-style seating/service).  We should be able to get a discount for this...

Geoff found Red Roof in Harrisburg South for 51.99/night and got a block of 25 rooms to be booked before May 1.  He'll have other hotels listed on the flyer (forthcoming).

2007 is Hershey's 100th anniversary, so it will be great to get 100+ attending!  Plus it's the grand opening May 26 of their new Boardwalk.  Pass the word!

flyer out soon...  have a great weekend! 

Wade - who needs to pay more attention to thread topics before replying sometimes lol

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Spunk: 18
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
Chuck, you wanna go to this? I can see if George and Jerry wanna come to.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 11:15:30 AM »
Sue... It looks like it was my fault LOL... I said "all of these events" and Coaster Mania was one of the ones I mentioned and everyone went along with that.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 11:40:09 AM »
So Sue... that link you posted up there doesn't work now. Is it too late to sign up for the event? I'm off on that Saturday and am considering going there that day.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 12:20:09 PM »
Try this:

http://www.wnycc.org/pdfs/CoasterfestSpringFling2007flyer.pdf

Unfortunately, it doesn't look good to still register.  To get the cheaper price, you had to register by 4/30.  For the higher price, they have to receive it by 5/11.  The only thing you could probably do is e-mail them and ask if they'd accept it if you sent it out today.  We registered a couple weeks ago so we're definitely in.