Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New Management Implements New Initiatives @ Gadv  (Read 2115 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
New Management Implements New Initiatives @ Gadv
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:06:26 AM »
I looked around and couldn't find this so I must have forgotten to post it.  Sorry about that!

New Management Implements New Initiatives

February 20, 2007

Sweeping new initiatives offer new employment opportunities creating better guest service

Jackson, NJ ? With 30 years of experience in the world-wide theme park industry, general management and strategic development, Mark Kane, a Freehold, N.J. native, is an expert in delivering a well-rounded entertainment package to guests of all ages.

The new park president will implement numerous initiatives that will dramatically improve guest service at the New Jersey properties including a focus on employment, employee satisfaction, team development and training. Six Flags Great Adventure is the largest property in the Six Flags system and includes the theme park, Hurricane Harbor water park, and Six Flags Wild Safari, the largest drive-through safari outside of Africa.

Employment Initiative
Six Flags Great Adventure, the state's largest seasonal employer, is hiring more than 4,000 seasonal employees for the 2007 season from high school students to senior citizens. Six Flags offers a wide variety of positions and paid internships to candidates interested in pursuing careers in occupations such as marketing, accounting, criminal justice, theater arts, human resources, hospitality and business management, horticulture and zoology. The park offers team members many benefits, including flexible hours, competitive wages, reward and recognition programs, parties, scholarships, free park admission, free incentives from area businesses and much more.

?Through our enhanced training and development programs, team members will obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed during their tenure here and in all future endeavors,? said Kane. ?We have a history of providing core, practical experience that benefit our team members for life.?

Six Flags' extensive internship program offers 200 college students the opportunity to gain practical experience in their field of expertise and develop a strong resume. During the 10- to 24-week paid internship program, interns gain valuable experience in fields like, marketing, finance management, hotel/resort operations, law enforcement, retail, architecture, environmental science, restaurant management, landscape architecture and much more.

Working at America's largest regional theme park offers both high school and college students an opportunity to build a resume and bridge the gap between education and job experience. Six Flags employees are also eligible for student loan assistance and company-offered scholarships.

Along with high school and college students, Six Flags offers flexible hours for many senior citizens and individuals wanting part-time employment to supplement their incomes. This season the park is kicking off a new program ?mentoring to management? offering teachers positions in leadership, transforming the skills they utilize in schools, to the workplace during the summer season.

Guest Service
Six Flags continues to focus on providing outstanding service in a safe, clean, family-friendly atmosphere and Kane anticipates that the employment and training initiatives, coupled with the park?s new family-focus strategy, will enhance the overall entertainment experience and guest service.

?We have made the hiring of qualified team members and our training a priority because it has such a positive impact on the quality of our guest experience.? Kane said. ?We?re evaluating every facet of our operation and implementing new practices that positively impact everything our guests will see, feel, touch and experience this season from the moment they enter our property.?

Beyond the new, family thrills including Wiggles World, the park?s fourth area devoted to kids, and the Wild Safari Exploration Station, a new hands-on interactive, animal adventure, Six Flags Great Adventure?s management team is working to ensure that the park guests? experiences far exceed their expectations. Park management will enhance every aspect of guest service ? from a new, hassle-free arrival process and improvements in line speed to overall park cleanliness.

To ensure this season?s continued focus, Kane recently appointed two assistant general managers and also will add nearly 30 key management positions in departments including human resources, operations, maintenance, entertainment and revenue.

?The key to guest service is having the right team members from management to front-line seasonal team members,? said Kane ?Absolutely every department must be committed to delivering outstanding guest service.?

Six Flags' employment center accepts applications Monday through Friday from 1 to 6 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Applications are accepted online at sixflagsjobs.com. For additional information contact the employment center at 732/928-2000 ext. 2635.

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
Re: New Management Implements New Initiatives @ Gadv
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:27 PM »
a new, hassle-free arrival process

Does this refer to the new parking setup? Probably, but I'd be thrilled if they figured out a way to kill the huge lines and major hassle at the ticket booths and park gate.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:33:18 PM by Pashacar »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 12:59:18 PM »
They are probably referring to the new systems in place to deal with the Print&Go ticket issues.  90% of the backup was the result of people having issues with these online passes.  They would then get turned away and have to go over to GR.  They will now have dedicated areas setup for just the print and go people and multiple computers at GR to help speed them through as well :)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 01:58:13 PM »
Arcades at regional parks tend to be drab, dull, and dated. Even Cedar Fair's (NYSE: FUN) flagship Cedar Point park has a massive arcade marred by throwback games and dingy bowling-alley lighting. Six Flags is upgrading four of its arcades this season, transitioning from a coin- or token-based system to the same kind of prepaid swipe card system you find at upscale arcades like GameWorks and Dave & Buster's. In a genius move, every guest entering the park will be given a free card with enough credit for a game or two. This is as close as you can get to the perfection of a Chik-fil-A sample on a toothpick.

Did anyone else catch this?

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »
So they give you a few games and most likely if even a small percentage buys more games its a plus.
More/one is better then none   :o
Yo

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 04:01:04 PM »
Well it all sounds good to me . I just hope they don't get rid of the DDR Machines my Daughters would be very upset.  I also hope that the GR lines actually move. It is very frustrating to stand in line at GR for a parent pass for over 30 min. I really do hope they are going in the right direction .

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 06:07:10 PM »
They usually tend to go in the right direction, it's just a matter of STAYING in that direction come June. That's when the idealism starts to fade and issues of staffing and budget come into play.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
Arcades at regional parks tend to be drab, dull, and dated. Even Cedar Fair's (NYSE: FUN) flagship Cedar Point park has a massive arcade marred by throwback games and dingy bowling-alley lighting. Six Flags is upgrading four of its arcades this season, transitioning from a coin- or token-based system to the same kind of prepaid swipe card system you find at upscale arcades like GameWorks and Dave & Buster's. In a genius move, every guest entering the park will be given a free card with enough credit for a game or two. This is as close as you can get to the perfection of a Chik-fil-A sample on a toothpick.

Did anyone else catch this?

No, I didn't. ;)

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!