Latest Updates > Your Great Adventure Updates

Kingda Ka Status

(1/19) > >>

WadeJ:
It would figure that for the first time, Kingda Ka really is ready with all 4 trains before opening day.  Issues with the switch track were supposed to have been resolved as well.

Unfortunately, our sources are telling us that Kingda Ka might not open with the park because they had to order a part for the hydraulic launch.  So if it gets put together and inspected before opening day, then it will be a go.

Hopefully if it isn't ready ON opening day, we'll see it back online shortly thereafter.

twisterbret:
Bummer but it's nice to have that heads up. Nothing worse then running over there only to be disappointed. Any info on El Toro? My wife was pregnant and wasn't able to ride. She is really looking forward to riding it.

Twisterbret

--- Quote from: WadeJ on March 20, 2007, 09:07:00 AM ---It would figure that for the first time, Kingda Ka really is ready with all 4 trains before opening day.  Issues with the switch track were supposed to have been resolved as well.

Unfortunately, our sources are telling us that Kingda Ka might not open with the park because they had to order a part for the hydraulic launch.  So if it gets put together and inspected before opening day, then it will be a go.

Hopefully if it isn't ready ON opening day, we'll see it back online shortly thereafter.

--- End quote ---

Robert T Ackerman:
El Toro is scheduled to be open with the park on opening day.

coastermom:
Well thats a bummer :( . I won't be there till Wed. of that week but i sure do hope it is up and running soon .

ChuckR:
At least 4 trains will be running when it does open though, I would take that over it being down for a week or two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version