Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Season's Pass Day - Easter Sunday 4/8  (Read 5544 times)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Re: Season's Pass Day - Easter Sunday 4/8
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 06:51:48 PM »
I was able to rack up 10 total rides on Chiller within an hour before the park closed at 5 PM today. I also got 3 back row rerides on Nitro. And one ride on Toro. Kingda Ka did open today but only for a brief 30 minutes. Chiller is eh. Very dead today.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 08:13:58 PM »
My Trip Report

It was a great day today if you could stand the cold.  I was bundled up good so it did not bother me.  The park opened at 1030. I waited in line for Toro which was testing and finally opened around 111-1130( I was so excited when it opened that I did not look at my watch).  It was only operating one train all day.  The first train that out went fine. I was in the second train out and we got stuck at the base of the lift for about 20 minutes until the repositioned the train to go up the lift.  Got off went back in line again.   Met up with Ogolo and was able to get on within 10 minutes and got stuck again at the base. This time it was only about 10 minutes.  They said because of the cold, the train had problems positioning correctly on the lift.  I think once the ride was running and warmed up, the problem was solved.

As Ogolo pointed out in his post there was in issue with the power in the entire park which took most rides offline for about an hour.  I think a lot of people left when this happened.  (not that there was many to begin with).

Rode Medusa for five times in a row without having to get off.

Nitro did not open until around 1215.  Was down until around 2 once the power went out.  Once it was back up it was walk on all afternoon.  You could stay on without getting off.  I rode it 8 times in a row, got off and went back to Toro for three more rides.  There was like a 10 minute wait at this point (330 PM).  Finished the night on Nitro riding 9 more times in a row without getting off.  Twice in the front row.

Chiller seemed to be down again for a bit in the afternoon but opened up again around 430 or so. I was on Nitro and that was just my observation from looking over.

They ended up closing the park at 5 instead of 7 because they said there was not enough people there to stay open.  In fact they let a lot of the employees off early and they were riding the rides after 3.

Ka was down all day because of wind and cold.

Pro's
*Walk up on all rides except Toro all day and that  was 10 minute wait max.
*Staff as always was very nice and pleasant
*Robin opened at various times throughout the day (although I  did not get to ride)
*Pulled pork sandwich from Best of the West was delicious
*No Crowds, nice group of people at the park
*The grounds looked great, very clean
*Lots of Characters walking around the park
*Got to finally ride a coaster in the snow.  Flurries on and off for a good part of the day

Cons
*The cold.  Boy was it cold on the front seat of Nitro
*Ka was closed but that was the weather and not the park's fault. 
*They closed the park early at 5 when it was advertised to be open until 7.  The best part is when there is nobody there!

It was a great day and I would like to thank the management at Six Flags for doing Season's Pass only days.  It is much appreciated and great benefit. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:38:52 PM by peterpjr »

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 09:04:54 PM »
Nitro...Want a train to yourself?

8) Thats freaking awesome.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 10:36:07 PM »
I was plannign on going, but I would have had to leave at 2:30 ish... if I was off today, I would have been there, but it's ok. Thanks for the report Peter... when's the next time anyone is planning on going up there? I'll be there in Thursday.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2007, 08:08:03 AM »
I was plannign on going, but I would have had to leave at 2:30 ish... if I was off today, I would have been there, but it's ok. Thanks for the report Peter... when's the next time anyone is planning on going up there? I'll be there in Thursday.
I am planning on going again on Tuesday.  I am back to work on Wed. after being off for almost two weeks so it will be a while before I go again.  After Tues, I probably won't be back until Coasters After Dark in May.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2007, 08:26:24 AM »
I read on one of the other sites that Ka opened for a short time on Sunday but I did not see it operating other than tests in the AM and never heard anyone talking about riding it.