Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: POS is a POS - 4/21 TR  (Read 6097 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
POS is a POS - 4/21 TR
« on: April 21, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »
Nothing huge to report on here other than once again, the POS point of sale system kicked it.  We don't carry cash anymore (who does?) so we got screwed (again) on food and snacks.  Yes, we are trying to GIVE them our money on over priced, half cooked crap and couldn't....  They REALLY need to get these issues worked out.  I can't imagine being the poor souls that had to work registers during this outage.  I felt bad because we ended up leaving early due to the 4 year old having a total meltdown which was caused by the lack of food and drink.  He gets miserable, like his daddy lol  This happened on opening day which I could easily forgive.  But one month into the operating season?

*end rant*

Anyway, back to the TR, operations were GREAT :)  Well, at least in the kid sections lol.  We managed the Taz Twister, Road Runner Railway, Pirate Playground, Big Red Cars, Dorthys Balloons, Jumpin with Wags, Jolly Roger, Blackbeards and ended at Balins Jungleland.

It was a awesome night overall with the great weather, great crowd even though it was crowded and a overall great vibe.  We saw a bunch of patrons asked to snuff out the butts, lots of hellos, and very friendly operators.  Hopefully they get the kinks out of the POS system ASAP before the real crowds come in.

Oh, and I have a feeling Chuck will be adding a photo later LOL

Hopefully Chuck and Robb can chime in on other operations such as Kingda Ka, Nitro and Toro.  I saw inconsistant operation of Toro and Chiller but Ka seemed to be pushing them through all night long.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:37:21 PM by WadeJ »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: POS is a POS - 4/21 TR
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 10:36:24 PM »
Oh, and I should add that Kyle, the 2 year old, rode his first Great Adventure coaster tonight :)  Front seat on RRR.  I'll post a photo tomorrow.  His first ever credit was Goofys barnstormer at Magic Kingdom and that got him hooked :)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 10:51:07 PM »
Thanks for the intro to your TR Wade, its glad to be on the show...

Operations for the day:
GASM:

It looked closed all day, I did not see one train operate throughout the day. What does this mean for GASM? Is it a minor thing or something huge?

Kingda Ka:
4 Train Operations running as smooth as glass. I am not sure on how the line was for it but 4 trains, you cant beat it

Toro:
On and off 2 train operations, there was alot of minor 5-10 minute breakdowns, great riding as usual

Nitro:
2 Trains running, the third train is behind the storage shed of the ride in pieces. Line moved fast

S:UF:
One train operations...You can do the math on how it ran....

Chiller:
Robin was running it seemed pretty good for the most part with maybe 1 or 2 breakdowns. Batmans track is now intact, assembled and should be testing anytime soon, I still miss the 0 G

B:TR, Medusa, Skully and RMT:
Im not too sure honestly but it looked like pretty good operations

For the whole, the parks operations were spectacular today, the staff was doing one hell of a great job, that includes the ones at guest relations and the food.

Great Day overall and I am loving the park environment this year. The only thing I can see being a problem is the parking booths and it seems like Credit Cards in the park as Wade had trouble with it, other than that it was clean, I saw security all over the place and also found that every single ride that could run, operated today, including the Jolly Roger and Both Sides of the Skyway

;D ;DHats Off to Mark Kane and his staff!  ;D;D

I also found out that Chuck is a better Sushi Chef then I am as he killed me in that cooking game on Wii...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:54:01 PM by RobbW »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:55:45 PM »
Ka was definitely reaching capacity tonight with 4 trains running! Only a ten minute wait after 7:30pm which was amazing...

Toro had two trains running all day and with a full queue we only waited about an hour which is awesome!

And everything else Robb covered...

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 11:10:04 PM »
Chuck is not the petafile we all make him out to be...really...hes not...Haha J/k

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 12:02:42 AM »
KK 4 trains and both sides of Skyride is a good sign.
Now if they had the park open on Friday nights

As long as Chuck wasn't taking pictures of a all female ride ops crew  ;)
Yo

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 01:24:14 AM »
I saw Rolling Thunder racing today!

Coaster Count: 255

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 01:37:44 AM »
You should have came up Dainan. There was never a longer wait then 10 minutes.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 02:12:09 AM »
KK 4 trains and both sides of Skyride is a good sign.
Now if they had the park open on Friday nights

As long as Chuck wasn't taking pictures of a all female ride ops crew  ;)
If the park was open Friday nights, I would be there most definitely!

Offline twisterbret

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 06:32:32 AM »

It went out on out visit the Sat before 4/14.
We left and saved lots of money and we didn't return.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 08:43:32 AM »
Yes, everyone needs to ride RT and support Dan and his crew!  :)

That's great that both side of the Sky Ride were running.  I can't remember the last time I saw that.

It's also good to hear Batman's crew will be getting on the ball.  Whenever we ride that, it seems we're sitting in the brakes forever.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
4 Trains of Kingda Ka running well!
And a racing Rolling Thunder!
It sounds like things are starting to come together.

An improvement on the parking lot entry?

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 12:33:02 PM »
[Nothing huge to report on here other than once again, the POS point of sale system kicked it.  We don't carry cash anymore (who does?) so we got screwed (again) on food and snacks.  Yes, we are trying to GIVE them our money on over priced, half cooked crap and couldn't....  They REALLY need to get these issues worked out.  I can't imagine being the poor souls that had to work registers during this outage.  I felt bad because we ended up leaving early due to the 4 year old having a total meltdown which was caused by the lack of food and drink.  He gets miserable, like his daddy lol  This happened on opening day which I could easily forgive.  But one month into the operating season?

*end rant*

Wow things must have been for Wade to rant. 

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 01:26:54 PM »
You should have came up Dainan. There was never a longer wait then 10 minutes.

What was up with one side having two trains!?

Offline summahboy

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2007, 02:36:30 PM »
Heres mine (that I posted on GAinsider...so copy/paste):

What an amazing weekend
Friday was Prom and the after party
Saturday was six flags and we only had 3-4 hours of sleep and a little bit of a hangover but we got there anyway with a beautiful day! It was so nice out.

So we rode Nitro...which was amazing. Back row.
Then we wanted to try front row. It was my first time but wow.....its a HARD decision between back and front. Front actually gave more airtime and the speed was like...WOAH. The only thing we didnt get in the front was the stomach dropping feeling which I absolutely love. If it had that I'd be riding front all the time!

So Nitro we did about 5 times that day with waits (the highest of 40 minutes). The crew was probably the best ones in the park next to BTR, Skull Mountain and Medusa which was sending out trains constantly.

Medusa was second and it had a long line. However it took us about 20 minutes to get up to the station becuase of 3 train operation. It was also alot different for me. I always ride Medusa in the back. But now I tried inthe front. It's a lot scarier with the whole "chop your foot off" thing and the speed through the inversions especially the dive loop was amazing. However, I cant remember if there were any stronger Gs in the front. The back seems to have more force or whatever.

After that was RT which was great. My friend and I sat in the back on a seat that wasnt on the wheels (and all my other friends had to suffer! haha). We got on line for the right side and then saw that the other side was open. The right side had a line (not long though). And the left was basically empty. I think people are so used to not having that side open that they dont know to go on it. The right was running the green and red train. The left was only running the yellow so it was a very slow operation but they were racing! It was alot better that way! We almost lost and then we hit the station right before them. Some nice floater air on the returning hills, only not on the one after the first drop...idk y.

Skull Mountain we did 4 times cuz of no line. The seats varied from the 6th car to the 4th. But wow...maybe it was me but it felt so much faster...and more out of control (which was a good thing). Last trip when I went on it they had a random strobe flashing. Why dont they ever use the effects?

Notes:
- lots of people today
- stayed from about 1PM to closing
- Operations were all good except for Toro. Even Superman was running 2 trains fast, although the line is always so damn long everytime.
- KDK ran fine all day. I believe 4 trains too.
- The kids sections were filled and there were alot of Wiggles, JLA, and Looney Tunes characters all over
- Ka was fine all day
- RT was racing, but the blue train wasnt there so it was 1 train Left, 2 right. IDK y.
- RT crew is extremely slow. They take their time just.....going. Thats why operations are bad. They need a whole new crew
- Nitro, Batman, Medusa were on fiya 2day
- Log Flume opened today due to warm weather and had quite a line!
- the little garden thing by the flume isnt as attractive anymore for some reason...is it done?
- Chiller opened late and only ran Robin and Batmans track is there
- RMT had a problem. It was running fine but then it stopped and they made people fill out forms
- We had such a Skull Mountain marathon of 4 rides. Wow....maybe it was
- The park was filled with odors. B.O., farts, and musty smells were everywhere even on rides...wth?
- The Sky Ride was open
- All flats were open...Twister is such as waste now
- The Teepee is being wasted. Brunch with Bugs should be in The CHARACTER Cafe where there are no characters ever there and they need a new menu...its basically McDonalds. Thank God I didnt eat there
- Johnny Rockets, Teepee and The Panda Express have had absolutely no progres done on them
- La Cocina had all their food on their menu displayed and it all looked good (didnt get it though)
- $5 dollars and change for a SMALL cup (and I mean SMALL) of ColdStone.....ridiculous.
- The Carnegie Deli sandwiches are amazing, I had turkey. BUT the pickles are awful. They're soaked in vinegar. It was lethally strong. It wasnt crisp, it was soggy. The potato salad and sour kraut was too sweet. But the prices are still ridiculous. $10 for a sandwich. Are you f'n kidding me SF? Idc how much turkey is on there. Oh well, it still is the healthiest place to eat in the park and theres 3 different breads lol
- I dont know whats wrong with El Toro. Please SOMEONE tell me. Why is it constantly breaking down? It creeped over the RT hill while I was watching it testing from RTs station. And yesterday was warm out. Even Kingda Ka is having a great year with....no problems. Is it Intamin or Six Flags? It took 2 years for KDK to be running this well and I guess its understandable but not Toro.
- Didnt get on all the rides like my last trip but it was more enjoyable that it was nice out
- BUT congrats to SF on having the busiest and probably best day of the season (so far).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 02:57:20 PM by summahboy »

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2007, 02:51:14 PM »
Toro was running fine while I was there from 4 to close, they were pumping out trains like crazy and so what Ka.

Also, RT's crew is alot better than recent years and they do there best with those damn seat belts.

Offline summahboy

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2007, 03:04:59 PM »
Toro was running fine while I was there from 4 to close, they were pumping out trains like crazy and so what Ka.

Also, RT's crew is alot better than recent years and they do there best with those damn seat belts.

Well, I rode RT at about 6 and El Toro was down. RT was still slow. I did notice it moved slightly faster but they didnt go fast down the aisle they took their time. And where was that blue train!?

Six Flags SERIOUSLY needs one of those electronic ride line boards like at Disney and Universal. It would help. Because when you're begging your friends "Lets go on El Toro" and then some idiot GP walks by and says "Ooooh the line is like 3 hours! and your friends say no, then it sucks.  >:(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:46:24 PM by Bubba Z »

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2007, 03:48:19 PM »
^Tell you're friend... never listen to the "GP"

Wade , I thought you were talking about Son of Beast with the title. Not so much a computer problem :0

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2007, 05:34:48 PM »
A few pictures from yesterday...

Both sides of track is up...

Rolling Thunder racing and Toro kicking butt!

Robb on Toro!

Me and Robb on the back seat...

The Jackson Family!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2007, 06:15:35 PM »
Wade, Keep your eyes on the road, somebody might get hurt!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 06:18:44 PM »
Nice picture for a produce guy ( Toro/RT together) . I  also really need to ride Chiller.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 08:26:25 PM »
Thanks for taking the pic Chuck.  It isn't always easy getting one of us all together for obvious reasons.  Did any of Kyle come out decently?

PS - there are 5 (or 6?) Jacksons in that picture :)

I'd like to once again reiterate that operations were outstanding.  Had the cash registers not crashed, it would have been a picture perfect visit.  It only stopped us from having fun at the very end of the night anyway.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 09:12:30 PM by WadeJ »

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 08:52:55 PM »
Wade are you guys expecting something special ? If not you started it not me .

Glad everyone had fun wish i had time to visit this weekend but now that Tee-ball has started the park is going to be a little less visited in the next few weeks. :( . But there is always all summer :)

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »
Thanks for taking the pic Chuck.  It isn't always easy getting one of us all together for obvious reasons.  Did any of Kyle come out decently?

PS - there are 5 (or 6?) Jacksons in that picture :)

I'd like to once again reiterate that operations were outstanding.  Had the cash registers not crashed, it would have been a picture perfect visit.  It only stopped us from having fun at the very end of the night anyway.

I got the pictures of Kyle in the Image Gallery if you want to take a gander at them.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
Yup, coastermom got it   ;D  We're just praying there is only one in there right now lol

This pic is pretty decent Chuck :)