Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: What would you do ???  (Read 1690 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
What would you do ???
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:17:54 PM »
Here is the situation. My 8th grade DD  school is having their class trip to SFGADV . Her school wants $65 for the trip. It includes the bus , the lunchen at the park and admission to the park. The problem is there is NO offer from the school for SP holders .  This annoyed me as other schools  in our area allow their students to use their SP. So I called the school and was told to take the day and bring her myself if it bothered me that much or pay the $65 . So what do you think ? I was going to pull the other two kids out of school and bring them all for the day. The thing that gets me is the school is leaving SI at 8:30 and returning no later then 5:30 so is it really worth the $65 ? I am leaning toward not but i figured i would ask what everyone else thinks.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: What would you do ???
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »
Take the kids out for the day for free and make a day of it :)

65 bucks isn't all that bad but why bother if you have a choice!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:42:34 PM »
The question is what does you're daughter want to do? Hang with her class or stay later with you ?

By the way....can you tell me what DD stands for?  I can never figure that out in you're Trip reports, lol

Offline coastermom

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »
ok DD is Dear Daughter , DS dear son , Dh dear husband etc .. I picked it up at a Disney site sorry it just sometimes makes typing it all out easier .

MY daughter  wants to go with us. She can still hang out with them but can't eat the lunch with them . Which BTW we ate last year at the girl scout weekend and then we said NEVER AGAIN . But that is a different topic. On with the point my daughter doesn't really want to eat or take the bus with them but wants to go on the trip (and who wouldn't) with her friends. So i am 99 % sure we are going to drive her down and have one friend of hers come with us for the day . this way she has a fun time.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 10:14:25 PM »
Must be wdwmagic.com lol  I've seen that used over there all the time

Btw- checkout the kids meals at the Wiggles Yum Yum cafe.  I think its the best deal in the park!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »
Well, Sit down and ask...What Would RobbW Do!?

The majority of the $65 is probably for bus-fare, i put a trip together and bus fare is NOT cheap :(

Take her for the day!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 07:30:45 AM »
Thanks for the definition Coastermom ! It seems you have figured out what to do, I guess missing the $65 bus ride and lunch isn't a bad thing...plus she can stay later in the park and use the money you saved to eat!

Offline coastermom

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 01:52:23 PM »
AHH wade you got me again . Nothing getting by you .

Well the money I save will go to filling my tummy with something good maybe johnny rockets will be ready by then :)