Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Correct May 20th Photo Trip Report  (Read 1349 times)

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Correct May 20th Photo Trip Report
« on: May 22, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
I was at the park Sunday, May 20th, and it was an AMAZING day. This will be my first trip report, and it will be a photo trip report.

I got to the park at around 10:30. Since it was Catholic Youth Day, I went to Great Adventure with some friends from school and my church's youth group. Once we got into the park, we head straight for El Toro. We get there and the line was only under the first covering and there were two trains running! I have never seen such a short line for El Toro (the first time I got on El Toro there was one train running and I waited three hours, including the wait for the front row), it was unbelievable. We waited only about 15-20 minutes and we were on. This time I got the very last row. The ride was indescribable- airtime from halfway up a hill until halfway down a hill, amazing airtime on the first drop and Rolling Thunder crossover. The El Toro crew was super fast and friendly.

Next, we headed to Rolling Thunder which was racing! The only negative side was that only one train was running on each side, so we had to wait about 2-3 trains, but it wasn't too bad. Great and fun ride as usually, making me laugh the whole time through.

After Rolling Thunder we went to Medusa. No line, walked right into the station, and three trains were running. When the train before the one I would have been on was about to dispatch, Medusa was experiencing technical difficulties! The trains had to be unloaded. We waited about 5 minutes then left and decided to get on Medusa later in the day.

Up next was Nitro. Right while I was getting online for Nitro, something unbelievable happened. A security guard stoped me when he saw me taking pictures of the roller coasters and said that I am not allowed to take pictures of structure, and that I can only take pictures of people. What was that all about? I always take pictures of the coasters. Anyway, Nitro was amazing as usual. There was absolutely no line and three trains running, so I decided to get a few rounds on Nitro. By the third time we walked on line, the line began to build up on the stairs. We only had to wait about 5-10 minutes then, but it went fast since there were three trains running and the Nitro crew was moving fast. After our third ride on Nitro, it was about 1 o'clock, so we decided to have lunch.

After lunch, we headed toward Kingda Ka, but took a detour on Jolly Roger and Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train. We got to Kingda Ka, which was running three trains, two on one side and one on the other. We waited about 45 minutes due to the line not moving for about 15 minutes at one point. Besides that, the line moved fairly quickly. On the launch, I felt about 2 or 3 pumps. We flew over the top hat- I could feel the brake at the top holding the train before we flew back down. Great airtime on the camel back.

After we conquered Kingda Ka, we headed towards El Toro. Surprisingly, El Toro closed down and would not open for the rest of the day! We then decided to head back over to Medusa. The line went down the stairs into the switchbacks, but moved quickly. We ended up waiting no more than 15 minutes. We got the front row, which is probably the best seat on Medusa.

It was now about 5, so we had an hour before we had to attend mass, so we quickly went to Candy [skull] Mountain. Afterwards, we attended the youth rally and mass that took place in the North Star Arena. Once mass started, it began to rain, on and off, for about 30 minutes. By the time mass was over, we had time to get on one more ride. We decided to ride Medusa one more time. For some reason, Medusa always seems to be my last coaster of the day when I visit Great Adventure. Overall, the weather was beautiful (great park weather) and the park was quite empty. Amazing day at Great Adventure.

Some notes;
-El Toro: two trains, fast crew, great airtime
-Nitro: 3 trains
-Kingda Ka: 3 trains
-Medusa: 3 trains
-Rolling Thunder: two trains, one on each track, racing
-Sky ride was closed
-park workers were extremely friendly
-park looked very clean
-great weather

Now, the part everyone wants to see, photos:

I saw this in one of the gift shops. Why are they selling this at Six Flags Great Adventure when X is on it which is located at Six Flags Magic Mountain?

If you look closely, I happened to get trains from both El Toro (top right) and Kingda Ka (bottom left). I was only trying to get El Toro's train.

Kingda Ka looms over the park.

El Toro's drop from the station.

El Toro's crossover from the station.

The drop is unreal.

I was out of my seat all the way until the bottom of the first drop.

Amazing!

You can see all of the airtime.

I guess this is wishful thinking, but maybe this means a new attraction?

Six Flags Great Adventure has one of the best coaster skylines I have ever seen.

What happened to this train!?

Kingda Ka's insane design.

This is one of my favorite pictures I have every taken of a roller coaster.

Medusa from the North Star Arena.

Four coasters in one picture!

Goodnight Six Flags Great Adventure.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:25:48 AM by Bubba Z »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Correct May 20th Photo Trip Report
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 04:44:53 PM »
Great Photo TR and glad you got on Toro before it broke down :)  I'm going to actually pass along the info about the security gaurd and taking pictures of the coasters.  This misunderstanding happened last year to and was the result of a few gaurds mis-interpreting something in training.  Yes, we are allowed to take pictures of the coasters last time I checked lol.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
Re: Correct May 20th Photo Trip Report
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:01:49 PM »
Thanks Wade