Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 5/27 Not as bad as you might have thought.  (Read 1349 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
5/27 Not as bad as you might have thought.
« on: May 28, 2007, 10:35:14 AM »
We actually had a great time in the park on Sunday. We got there at about 10 Am on the nose and saw lots of traffic and lots of people . We thought it was a lost day for sure . The new parking system is still a HORROR . Too many credit card lanes and too many people NOT USING THEM !!

Through the parking lot we went and right into the park. We went right to BTR and rode front row no wait , on to nitro we went right up the stairs one train wait . On to SM no wait  then to Congo rapids and again no wait we walked right up . Now I was wondering WHERE ARE ALL THE PEOPLE ?? Off of congo rapids and on to the sky ride . right from the sky ride to RMT and a one train wait. Then I found all the people . the Wiggles show was sold out and the strollers were EVERYWHERE I have never seen so many strollers in my life .  On to more rides . Medusa was a 15 min wait and then we went to ET. While hubby went with one daughter on Et we went on RT and there was a very small line maybe one to two trains. we rode RT 4 times yesterday . ET broke down more thenonce so they got off the line we ate and then went back. Et was up and running about 30-45 min. not bad. We used the parent pass and the crew was a little confused on how it worked but this is the first time we have had a small issue. Ride was great. off to KK this was a 30-45 min wait also so while hubby and my Daughter waited me and the other two kids went to splash water oaissis . AHHH here are all the kids now. Packed and very dangrous . Too many people there in the water and NO ONE WATCHES their kids. The slide in there is going to get someone hurt. if you have kids you need to be on top of them in there.  Use my PP for KK and we had a great ride for some reason it seemed like it was faster than usual it was amazing . ALL 4 trains were running too. After KK off to sponge bob which was a two cycle wait no bad and then off to the parachute which had 6 chutes open to day . Not a bad wait at all there. hubby did GASM 5 min wait if that . on the way out we did BBLTT 5 min and the kids did chiller about 20 min i would have to say. No sight of the blue train anywhere  yet.

All in all the park was great we had a really nice day did everything we wanted and were out of the park by 7 PM . There were lots of people everywhere but the lines seemed to move really well.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 5/27 Not as bad as you might have thought.
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 11:23:48 AM »
Great Trip Report!  It sounds to me like this is nothing more than great operations because this could have been a horrible day had everything not been running at peak capacity.  Whew, it sounds like they have lived through the first "real" test so far this season.  Hot and crowded.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »
Hey coastermom, it was attack of the strollers. While the show was running, the park was empty. As soon as it let out, Tango had a three cycle wait!  :o

I must have been at Tango when you came up to Rolling Thunder. If you ever see me up there say hi. I'll be the one mumbiling about seat belts.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »
OMG I have to come and say HI we were up there four times. MY son is 5 years old and he can ride RT but hates to be on the side that doesn't win so we have to ride till we win. AHHH lol PM your name so I can look for you . See you soon .

And I have nightmares of the wiggles music now !!!