Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Hurricane Harbor  (Read 8082 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Hurricane Harbor
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 12:49:40 PM »
I'm actually getting worried about the condition of the place.  They built a Disney quality park and have let it go since it opened.  2005 really started to show some wear and tear on the infrastructure.

Perhaps sprucing things up a bit before adding more slides and fixing capacity problems on the existing attractions as well.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Hurricane Harbor
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 05:19:05 PM »
It sickens me to see the lazy river entrances usually unattended, and then, there are still more than half of the guests walking around without tubes.  Maybe we can add a giant 100+ foot ball single rider tube tower like WOA.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Hurricane Harbor
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 06:06:45 PM »
When I went to HH for the first time this summer with the camp I work for, the kids had a blast in the lazy river.  I think because it was so light restriction wise, like them letting you go without a tube.  All of us got tired wating for tubes, so we were just kind of lazily floating down the river, grabbing tubes that people would eventually abandon.  Then races started, on foot, swimming, or on tube.  The life guards didn't mind at all, and actually told me to tell my boss that my kids were well behaved and that they were the best group they've seen all day.  After running maybe 5 laps in that river, I unnoficially re-named it the "un-lazy river".
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
Hurricane Harbor
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 08:32:48 PM »
I went to HH last year and a great time. Before that day, I hadn't ridden many slides there. So, basically all the slides were new to me. My friends and I had a great time at the park, and we really enjoyed a lot of the attractions. I agree RJ, the lazy river is great! We had a great time in the lazy river :D

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Hurricane Harbor
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 09:10:58 PM »
Right now HH is a one time visit.  I am fufilled and do not need to return.

They need to do something about that factor..
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline jackspratmaybe2fat

Hurricane Harbor
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2006, 01:18:29 PM »
I went there last year in August for the 1st time and had a horrible time.  I wound up banging my foot on something going down one of the slide (or in the pool at the end) and it was bleeding and basically ended my trip.  Like an idiot, I did not report it and my foot to this day still is lumped on the top, discolored and hurts when I wear a shoe.

They could give me free tickets and I would still never go back.