Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Two trips in less then 4 days....  (Read 1978 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Two trips in less then 4 days....
« on: August 29, 2007, 08:01:58 PM »
Well we were very board on Saturday evening and headed down to the park . After hitting HUGE traffic on the NJTP we got to the park at around 5 ish.  This turned out to be a great night as we hit all the major rides with waits all less then 30 min. Even KK was amazing at night we went over to see no line walk right up to the station and sit in a train. That was until they could no longer fill all 4 trains and closed two . We did ride twice though. Even the log flume was walk on at one point. This would all be a nice dream compared to our return trip on Tuesday. We missed R&S because we were just too lazy to get up any earlier . Off into the park we went Every ride had at least an hour or more wait except Medusa we were at the stairs for that . Rolling Thunder is PAINFULY SLOW there was only one side and it just didn't seem to move at all it actually took only 15 min . shorter then ET and the ET wait was at 45 min. After that we took a walk to KK only one side running and it was out the front of the que.We didn't wait . walked the park and left for the safari which we haven't done but one other time all season  . This was lots of fun as I always enjoy the animals just before it is time for them to go in even the lions were up and moving around . Off to eat and then return to the park. This was a good move as it was later in the day and it seemed some rides that were closed were now open and KK now had all 4 trains running. I am thinking the kids that go to school locally were now out of class and able to work. We did stay all night till closing and finally finished the park .

As i mentioned in the 2008--??? thread we walked past chiller with robin still on the track with 5 cars on the train . It is very dead over there but my son likes music express so we made the trip over there. It is sad to hear so many people talk about chiller as they walk by . Like people saying it is over for this ride and to tear it down. I am still hopeful to see chiller with both sides run again .

One more very funny story. As I waited for my hubby and daughter to come off ET my son and other daughter sat by the exit near the drink stand there. A nice lady was sitting there and started talking to us. She asked if we had heard of someone DYING on ET last week   :o. As I sat there I tried not to break out in laughter  ;D and told her no that it was just a rumor ,I was sure if it had happend we would have heard about it on the news. It was pretty funny though as her kids were on line for ET and she looked a little worried about them now. I told her they were fine and they would live.

Offline lore1991

• Jungleland Express
Re: Two trips in less then 4 days....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 05:00:09 AM »
She asked if we had heard of someone DYING on ET last week   

;D ;D ;D ;D
did she ride ET after?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

"arms down, head back, enjoy your ride on KIIIIIINGDA KA"

Offline coastermom

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:04:23 AM »
She asked if we had heard of someone DYING on ET last week  

;D ;D ;D ;D
did she ride ET after?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

I Don't think so ??? but it was pretty funny ...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
No.  Nobody has died on El Toro lol

Coastermom, unfortunately I think what you were also beginning to witness on your Tuesday visit was the loss of a lot of staff.  Kingda Ka and RT would have been running full capacity if they had the staff to do so.  I'd guess they did as they had more staff come in throughout the day to.

Losing people this time of the year is always tough.  We miss ya already RJ!

Offline coastermom

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 07:57:02 PM »
No.  Nobody has died on El Toro lol

Coastermom, unfortunately I think what you were also beginning to witness on your Tuesday visit was the loss of a lot of staff.  Kingda Ka and RT would have been running full capacity if they had the staff to do so.  I'd guess they did as they had more staff come in throughout the day to.

Losing people this time of the year is always tough.  We miss ya already RJ!

Yeah I figured that the staff was slowly heading out to school. I have to say even with the lines it still wasn't as bad as in years past.

Well hopefully RJ will share some really good WDW stories with us . Especially when our down season starts....:(

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 09:23:28 PM »
I think fall is my favorite time of year at Gadv and many other northern parks but it is depressing that yet another season is almost over :(

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 06:55:10 AM »
I was at the park on Wednesday also for my final Rise and Scream session.
2 Kingda Ka and 2 El Toro so I won't complain.
Hopefully they will do "Rise and Scream" again next year!!

The lack of staff was apparent, but you have to expect that this time of year.
Everything seemed to be open...even the Sky Ride!