Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR Jiminy Peak & Great Escape 9/30/07  (Read 1047 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
PTR Jiminy Peak & Great Escape 9/30/07
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:39:41 AM »
We headed to Jiminy Peak on Sunday to ride their Mountain Coaster.  We opted for the 1.5 hour pass $33.  In that time, we were able to ride Mountain Coaster 5 times, the alpine slide 2 times, and the Giant Swing once.  The only bad thing about the Mountain Coaster and the alpine slide is that if you get stuck behind someone going slow, your ride is ruined.  Luckily, that never happened to us.  They do moniter the Mountain Coaster and if they see someone going slow, they either slow or stop the lift so that it doesn't get all backed up.  Although it's pricey, it was worth it because the Mountain Coaster and alpine slide are both excellent.

We then headed north to Vermont to eat at the Blue Benn Diner in Bennington.  Based on a suggestion from our friends who have been there, we decided to try the pancakes with Vermont maple syrup and a cheeseburger with Vermont cheddar.  Since the place is tiny with only 6 booths, we decided to sit at the counter to save time rather than waiting for a booth.  It worked out well since we were out of there before we would've even been seated in a booth.

On our way home, we made a quick stop at the Great Escape.  We were only there for about an hour and had 6 Comet rides and 1 Alpine Bobsled ride.  All of our previous rides on Comet including last year have been awesome, but it really disappointed this year.  I don't know why, but it was running extremely slow yesterday.  I really hope we just caught it on a bad day because I've always loved Comet.

This is the type of line we like to see!

It was a pretty crazy day with being in 6 different states in a matter of about 14 hours.  We started out in CT, to MA, to VT, to NY, to NJ, and back home to PA.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: PTR Jiminy Peak & Great Escape 9/30/07
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 01:52:59 PM »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER