Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: SFGA Frightfest  (Read 2513 times)

Offline candc

• Koala Canyon
  • Carlos & Chris
SFGA Frightfest
« on: October 16, 2007, 09:02:59 PM »
Is it just me, or is this the laimest Frightfest ever?  I've been going to the park since it opened.  I have seen the park full on, decked out for Halloween, and this year is definitely not looking that good.  They've cheaped out on the decorations.  Throwing some cheesecloth on a bush isn't cutting it.

Has the new mangement focused so much on saving money that they had to cut back on things that make the park really fun in October?  There's no hay ride this year - what's up with that?  Six Flags didn't want to spend the money on hiring all the poeple to make that hayride happen.  The Dead Man's Party show only has 10 people in it now, though I must say I've seen the show twice this year and these dancers are awesome.  And I say dancers because those people are merely lip-sinking.  Hey, it works for Britney!  lol

I took a bunch of friends to the park this passed Sunday, telling them all about the stuff that is done to make the park Halloween-y.  I built it up for them real well, and then we find out things have changed.  It was very disappointing!  At night the only real attraction was that crappy walk-thru by the Character Caf? and it had a line going all the way to the teacups and inside the arcade!  I actually preferred walking along the lakefront with all the gouls out there (and NO LINE)!

I hope the new management gets their act together for 2008 to make up for this less than impressive Frightfest.  And I hope they know that they do need to invest in great coasters to keep SFGA being the premire and cutting edge park on the east coast.  Yes, they're putting in The Dark Knight Coaster (an enclosed wild mouse ride).  But they also need to stay ahead of the game.  How about for 2009 or 2010, a new dive coaster? - something bigger & better than Busch Garden's Griffon.  After all, our park has the fastest, tallest coaster in the world! It has the steepest drop ever on a woody.  And it has the first ever floorless coaster. 

C'mon, managment, wake up!  Trying to make it a "family" park is going to keep people away.  Yes I did renew my season pass this passed weekend, but we'll see what happens.  The promise to have all the rides operating didn't happen.  The few things I do love are; how much cleaner the park is now, how much line cutting has been controlled, and how they're taking ejecting people from the park for violating policies more seriously.  These certainly do make for a better experience.

Ok, I am done ranting and raving.  LOL

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: SFGA Frightfest
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 04:24:57 PM »
Point taken.   It does seem they have gone to one extreme during the day and skimped on the budget for the "scares by night" aspect.  Fright by day seems to have a great selection of shows to keep everyone busy. 

They do need to up things a bit IMO for the adults at night but there is still quite a bit to see and do.  Checkout our review http://gadvupdates.com/forums/index.php/topic,1792.0.html

But going cheap on the decorating is kinda lame.  No excuse for that.  At least we have amazing landscapers!

Offline candc

• Koala Canyon
  • Carlos & Chris
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 05:21:55 PM »
Thanks Wade.  Nice review!  Well done.  I'm hoping to go one more time before the season closes, maybe on the 27th!

Have a great day!
Carlos

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:58:08 PM »
I went to the park last Saturday and learned not to be anywhere near the fountain at 6:00. I found a clip on YouTube of the experience:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XknMgcSGZ0k

Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 04:53:40 PM »
They have now changed the awakening part to the Big Wheel stage because of the crowds ;)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »
So its just diverted to the Big Wheel than the fountain?

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »
Good to know, thanks Wade. I didn't complain to GR when I left because I left the park in not such a good condition last week but I am glad they learned from this. Every corner of the fountain was plugged by a few hundred people. I am surprised they didn't move it to a dead area of the park like Movie Town.   :D
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 07:49:46 PM »
I suppose your talking about this dude..

these were taken yesterday.  Ill never go to fright fest again ill say that much. I had a pretty awful experience
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 10:51:59 PM »
Today was outstanding.  Perfect balance of large crowds while still being fun.

Don't go on Saturdays!  Especially when we have this insanely nice weather. Friday nights and Sundays are MUCH better.

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 04:41:22 PM »
Sundays have been much better than Saturdays.

Offline candc

• Koala Canyon
  • Carlos & Chris
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 05:33:07 AM »
Oh I loved that youtube video clip of the crowded fountain area and that lame security guard telling the woman that there are 5000 poeple there, what do you want him to do.  LOL  Uuuhhh...maybe call for back up if there's an incident that you can't handle alone?  Or maybe report back to those higher up so they can take some steps to improve the situation in the future?  Or maybe just go get a job someplace else that doesn't require any customer service - I am sure that woman felt so much better and at ease by his remark - NOT!  LOL