Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Sixflags.com Construction Journal Updates  (Read 25164 times)

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
Sixflags.com Construction Journal Updates
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2005, 01:32:58 PM »
FlyinPhil is supposed to be getting us an ariel update soon. It's either going to be him or, the official site first. Our next tour will be in a few weeks.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2005, 01:45:00 PM »
I wonder what the shots will look like. Hopefully awesome. I cant wait until they construct the turn around and drop. That should look incredible from the air. I think six flags is doing a great job with construction.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2005, 02:32:36 PM »
And so far, construction is right now schedule :)

Yes, they are doing a good job!

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2005, 11:02:12 AM »
I'm trying not to sound pessimistic but at the rate they're going, it looks like construction will be complete by June. it's the end of december and the lift hill isn't even complete.  :(
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2005, 11:31:42 AM »
Hopefully I won't be inserting my foot at a later date but I had the same concerns at one point.

Keep in mind that a TON of work is going on at ground level right now.  The most time consuming part (besides the lift hill) is the bent construction.  These are being pre-built on the ground and will all be raised in sections.  A huge portion of the footers are also done so progress should be in huge spurts.

Apparantly, this type of coaster doesn't go together the same way we are used to seeing which is why it isn't anywhere close to as far along as Voyage or Rumbler.  The lift hill was only a priority so that the workers can begin work on the complex lift system which is why they erected the bents as they were built for this section.

So, with caution, I'll say what they said which is that things are right on schedule.  Of course, I'm not sure they would say anything else LOL.

I don't know what to think at this point David.  I'm curious to see how things are later in January.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2005, 11:46:16 AM »
They starterd on voyager a good long time ago.. but that is made of steel supports right?  I know el toro is going to be alot more complicated than that.

And also, i have my faith that the rest of the coaster will go up pretty fast.  The ground work is way ahead of the coaster vertical support, which is a good sign because they can just, up and go as soon as they are ready.

However, i do not think bugs or carnival will be finished come opening day.. your probably accurate in saying more towards june on that one.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
UPDATE 1-19-06
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2006, 01:28:20 PM »
New pics   +  http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/parkpress/photos.html

Jan. 19, 2006 The high winds and rain this week were definitely a challenge. We continued erection to bent 65 at the curve of the lift hill. We started erection at column lines 101 to 107 which runs parallel with the station pass the invert of the first drop. Foundation will continue through phase four and layout continues for phase five and six.

Foundation work for retail structures such as the ride photo building and merchandise kiosks will begin in the near future.
Al Rubano, Director of Construction
Yo

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2006, 01:00:36 AM »
Jan. 27, 2006 This week we continued framing of the hairpin turn at the top of the lift. To keep the job moving we are working on various sections of the coaster. We continued erection up to columns 115. We are assembling bents for column line 137, which is heading south along Lahaway Creek.

Layout for the kiddie rides in Bugs Bunny National Park will begin next week. Ride names have been created and approved for the new kids? section.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2006, 10:28:59 AM »
Yo

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2006, 12:46:53 PM »
sounds like BBNP is all on paper and ready to go.  They need to plot a few things and start building/theming.

Also, it sounds as though theyre going to pick up on ET

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2006, 08:07:36 PM »
Wonder who had to approve the ride names?

Either of the two S-men?

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2006, 11:51:57 PM »
That goes through PR and straight up to the main dudes or dudettes.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2006, 12:29:32 AM »
Feb. 4, 2006 We've had a great start to phase 5 and 6, although we tend to loose one day of work a week due to inclement weather. We erected 188 feet to bent line 71 and erected from column lines 99 to 115 and 141 to 166. We substantially completed phase 1, 2 and 3 and are approximately 95 percent complete with phase 4. We began installation of underground conduit on the motor control center to the base of the lift continuing to the top of the lift as well as the safety rigs located in the cross-over section of phase 5 and 6.

We completed area demolition in Bugs Bunny National Park and layout on two kiddie rides in preparation for the foundation and slab work.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2006, 01:06:53 AM »
Feb. 4, 2006 We've had a great start to phase 5 and 6, although we tend to loose one day of work a week due to inclement weather

One day a week in this weather ?  Shouldn't they be working 6 day work weeks anyway. Now I'm confused as when they do work. Isn't there some kind of bonus money for finishing early

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2006, 03:47:41 PM »
They can stop doing journal entries lol.  I still can't believe this weather though, I freeze to death one day and then could go out in a t-shirt the next day.  This is one strange winter.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2006, 04:25:18 PM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
Feb. 4, 2006 We've had a great start to phase 5 and 6, although we tend to loose one day of work a week due to inclement weather

One day a week in this weather ?  Shouldn't they be working 6 day work weeks anyway. Now I'm confused as when they do work. Isn't there some kind of bonus money for finishing early

well, it has been windy?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2006, 04:30:50 PM »
Just to clarify...

He is saying that they are losing a grand total of about 1 day a week on average due to the weather.  Basically, they could be working 7 days a week but a few hours here and a few hours there over the course of that week total up to around 1 day of work being lost.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2006, 11:41:54 PM »
^ true  ^^ and true..... I just wish the season could get here or I could go on a road trip soon.  I know they are working as hard and fast as they can without getting hurt and etc.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2006, 12:25:05 AM »
New Update:
You can really see the drop coming together in this photo below

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/images/65.jpg.jpg

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greatadventure/parkpress/photos.html

Feb. 10, 2006 Work continues at a normal pace with the exception of three rain days last week. We erected to bent line 73 and erected from column lines 116 to 118 and 167 to 170. Framing for the station unload deck is complete and we started framing for the station loading deck. The installation of underground conduit on the motor control center to the base of the lift continuing to the top of the lift and safety rigs in the crossover section are substantially complete.

We excavated foundation and footings for one of the kiddie rides in Bugs Bunny National Park.

We awarded contracts for the interior finishes, fixtures and equipment for La Cocina and the merchandise kiosks comprising El Mercado are scheduled for delivery the week of Feb. 13.

Things are moving along.
Yo

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2006, 04:02:07 PM »
Those pictures are awesome, the track seems to be moving along a lot quicker now.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2006, 11:02:29 PM »
Feb. 17, 2006 After loosing two days for snow removal, we continued to move forward and erected to the top of column line 76. We now completed the hairpin turn at the top of the lift. Fabrication of bent 77 and 78 are in progress.

We have approximately 20 percent completed in phase 5 and 6.

Installation of Bugs Bunny National Park foundation work for two kiddie rides is scheduled to be completed by Feb. 20.

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2006, 01:14:52 PM »
Feb. 24, 2006 Slabs were poured on two kiddie rides and installation will begin Feb. 27. Two more other kiddie rides foundation are currently being poured. All specialty character pieces and themed fencing has been ordered and is being fabricated. Delivery for pieces and fencing is scheduled for March 10.

Work continues on El Toro through column line 80. We have approximately 35 percent completed in phase 5 and 6.

Offline ChuckR

• Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006, 02:19:24 PM »
It's great to hear the word theming for BBNP. I have no doubt BBNP and PDC will look just as good as GK!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 02:50:19 PM »
So I guess there are 4 rides total in BBNP?  We already saw 2 rides sitting in the parking lot and we know that the kiddie carousel is heading there.  So what is the 4th ride?

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 05:42:53 PM »
Five Themed Rides:
Bugs Bunny Camp Carousel
Daffy Duck Hot Air Balloons
Porky Pig Camp Wagons
Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster
Bugs Bunny Ranger Pilots

A Water Play Element
Kids can cool off as they run under this new, oversized, sprinkling fountain on hot summer days.

Bugs Bunny Wilderness Theater
Features a fun, interactive children's show starring Bugs Bunny and pals.

Looney Tunes Camp Kitchen
A snack bar-style eatery with wide assortment of sweet treats, snacks and junior meals for kids.

I found this on the main site's page for BBNP. Seems like a nice lineup, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!