Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: What to do with Looneytunes Sea port?  (Read 5336 times)

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
What to do with Looneytunes Sea port?
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:13:43 PM »
so.. piggybacking off of RJ on this one, but I was thinking.  We are now going to have another section of bugs bunny themed rides and such.  But what about LTSP?

I had this idea of.. gutting it.  Taking what theming can be saved and transfering it into BBNP.  Taking all of the rides and transerring them to BBNP or simply getting rid of them.. taking them to other parks that need rides.

That is a wonderful plot of land back there.. and it would deffinatly fit a nice sized coaster and another great themed section.  That could be my jersey devil woods if they expanded a bit :D

really though.  it would make a nice new themed section.  what do you guys think?
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:18:22 PM »
If you think about it Nick, BBNP isn't that big of an area.  LTSP fits a lotta rides in there, and its designated really for the kids that were too old for BBL and too young for big coasters.  Family orientated man.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 09:19:21 PM »
yes ofcourse.. which is why its just a scenario.  I have no problem with it.. i just want to hear some of your ideas.  

Personally.. i dont think we need 2 BB sections.. it would really confuse alot of people.

Offline Nitro1118

• Sky Ride
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 09:20:51 PM »
Interesting topic. I say gut the Looney Tunes them and transport it to BBNP, but keep all the rides and retheme the section. Supposedly Snyder wants to bring Cartoon Network to the parks, and that could be a great basis for Seaport.

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 09:21:03 PM »
That may be true, but then it gives parents of younger kids more options than just staying in one part of the park.  Right now we have, what, 3 including GK.  It spreads things out more, and gives more of an option.  I mean, kids of all ages can go to the GK and have a good times.  Young for the littler rides, and older for KK.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 09:22:52 PM »
There is nothing wrong with having two kiddie area's IMO.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
good with 2 different sections.. but think about this.

the 2 new kiddie sections.. GK and soon BBNP.. are on one side of the park but separated a bit.. which gives an option.

right.. well, what about those parents who trust their kids to stay in that area.  What happens when they go all the way on the other side of the park to LTSP.  A lot of panic.

just a thought.

Offline twistedrails

• Affiliate
  • Koala Canyon
    • East Coast Coasters
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »
LTSP is pretty good though, I know my cousin enjoyed it a few years back when she was smaller. I think it could survive with a few touch ups. One idea being theming Poland Springs Plunge to Looney Toons and including it into the section. Obviously it might not be IOA quality like Ripsaw Falls but you get the idea. It would have classic looney toons scenes... for example, as you go to the lift maybe some cutouts or animatronics of daffy bugs and the rabbit season duck season thing argument. Other ideas include a PePe Le Pue section on the actual trough and a Coyote/Road Runner thing for the drop, with Coyote ending up going over a waterfall. And as you reenter the loading area you would be greeted by Porky Pig saying his classic "That's All Folks!"

That's about all I can think of for now. But I would definitely say keep LTSP and find other areas to expand instead of using existing sections and completely redoing them.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2006, 10:23:46 PM »
As much as a new coaster would be nice that needs to stay a kiddie area.  While its true parents would panic if the kids ventured over there, on the other hand there would be nothing for the little kids to do while their taller companions are riding Nitro, Batman, or Chiller.  Even though they're apart anyway, its nice to be in the same area as your group, especially for eating and when the time comes for a ride with the whole family.  This way KK and ET have Balin's, S:UF and GASM have Parachutes/Spongebob and Balin's not too far, Medusa is kinda far but still BBNP, and Nitro, Chiller, and Batman have the Seaport.

Also, the teacups in Seaport rock! Smaller cup=easier to spin :D
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2006, 10:36:25 PM »
I agree with Twisted in bringing PSP into TLSP and theming it to that. That is a really good idea. I do think that TLSP can remain there with a bit of help, but its a nice little place for kids in transition. I am sure Six Flags has a plan for what to do with it though.

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2006, 11:31:05 PM »
Quote from: "chilled182"
good with 2 different sections.. but think about this.

the 2 new kiddie sections.. GK and soon BBNP.. are on one side of the park but separated a bit.. which gives an option.

right.. well, what about those parents who trust thier kids to stay in that area.  What happens when they go all the way on the other side of the park to LTSP.  Alot of panick.

just a thought.

You make a point ... but ... if kids are little enough to be wanting to hang out in LTSP (mostly 7 and under) they shouldn't be left un-supervised anyway.

What we would generally do when our kids were younger is one would stay with the kids while the other would ride. Then we would switch. If there are kids area's and kid-friendly attractions scattered throughout the park it makes this MUCH easier.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2006, 09:28:40 AM »
Don't mess with LTSP LOL

For starters, it would be a shame to lose a spot located on that end of the park.  Gadv is HUGE and spread out.  Having kid sections near each main section is actually perfect IMO. Its great because many times, 1 parent can watch/ride with a little one while the other (me) rides a bigger ride.

Another plus of LTSP is that many of the rides like the Taz Swings, Daffys Subs, RRR, etc. are modern enough that the parents can ride WITH their little ones.  This is only possible on the Royal Elephants in GK and I have a feeling many of the rides going into BBNP are also from the 70's and 80's.

But there is still SO much more potential.  Lay on the theming some more.  Have meet & greets (seems to work great for Disney!), and a retheme of PSP is a no-brainer to me.  They could add sets to that so easily and make it a ride-through.  Kids would be begging to go on it.  Stuff like that turns a rather simple ride that goes up, around and back down into a wonderful experience.

-W

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2006, 09:31:02 AM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
Don't mess with LTSP LOL

For starters, it would be a shame to lose a spot located on that end of the park.  Gadv is HUGE and spread out.  Having kid sections near each main section is actually perfect IMO. Its great because many times, 1 parent can watch/ride with a little one while the other (me) rides a bigger ride.

Another plus of LTSP is that many of the rides like the Taz Swings, Daffys Subs, RRR, etc. are modern enough that the parents can ride WITH their little ones.  This is only possible on the Royal Elephants in GK and I have a feeling many of the rides going into BBNP are also from the 70's and 80's.

But there is still SO much more potential.  Lay on the theming some more.  Have meet & greets (seems to work great for Disney!), and a retheme of PSP is a no-brainer to me.  They could add sets to that so easily and make it a ride-through.  Kids would be begging to go on it.  Stuff like that turns a rather simple ride that goes up, around and back down into a wonderful experience.

-W

I'm with Wade here.. leave it be!!!! LOL. Wade, your idea about PSP=Excellent! I'd pass that on to them if I were you :)

Offline NYRfan85

• Koala Canyon
    • http://comicsncoasters.gadv.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »
Quote from: "sfgadvfreak"
That may be true, but then it gives parents of younger kids more options than just staying in one part of the park.  Right now we have, what, 3 including GK.  It spreads things out more, and gives more of an option.  I mean, kids of all ages can go to the GK and have a good times.  Young for the littler rides, and older for KK.

I agree, because if the kiddie sections are spread out, that means the whole family can walk together across the park, because the thrill seekers can do Nitro and Batman while the kids play at LTSP.
[size=10]Comics 'N Coasters[/size]

LET'S GO RANGERS!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2006, 06:02:37 PM »
[quote="DianaR"
I'm with Wade here.. leave it be!!!! LOL. Wade, your idea about PSP=Excellent! I'd pass that on to them if I were you :)[/quote]

Actually, it was twisted who thought of it first ;)

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
well well it was just an idea.  I really like that section of the park, though i suppose it is convenient for the non thrill seekers on that side.  SIgh.  I saw a nice opportunity there too.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 06:32:18 PM »
I think they should keep it. With Synder/Shapiro, hopefully a LOT more theming will be added. A lot of nice Looney Tunes theming (like the fountain) would be great for the area. Also, that Log Flume idea was GREAT! That would be awesome!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2006, 09:30:28 AM »
It has to stay . Many parks have kiddie areas themed across the park so while the older and taller members of the parties are riding other rides the little ones have something to do. It is a no brainer to leave it alone just re vamp the theme . Too many family flats are being removed all the time to make room for coasters . Don't get me wrong, I love the coasters but we do know that it should be a family park.