SIX Stock

Author Topic: Xanadu  (Read 3362 times)

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Xanadu
« on: January 07, 2006, 02:02:21 PM »
I was just looking at the meadowlands' project, Xanadu and noticed a picture that caught my eye.

Upper right corner there is a coaster! A big one at that too! What do you guys think it will be? I think maybe a B&M sitdown or Mega of some type.

Here are some other parts of the Xanadu Amusement Park:

SkyVenture:  Thrill-seekers will spin and somersault in clear tubes at Meadowlands Xanadu as they soar effortlessly on a cushion of air. SkyVenture, a 10,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art, skydiving simulator and vertical wind tunnel, will allow visitors to experience all the thrill of skydiving. This indoor body flight experience will have visitors coming back for more

F1:  Visitors will experience the exhilaration of European racecar driving at F1. Wildly popular in Europe, this indoor race-kart facility will encompass some 100,000 square feet of space and will provide speedsters with the thrill of genuine racing on a professionally designed multi-level racetrack.

Ferris wheel:  Visitors will enjoy spectacular views of the Manhattan skyline and beyond in a 300-foot-tall Ferris wheel perched on-top of Meadowlands Xanadu.  This Ferris wheel will be developed in partnership with theme park and entertainment guru Rene Aziz, CEO of Grupo Magico.

Wannado City:  Wannado City is America?s first indoor role-playing theme park for kids. Wannado City delivers family-friendly entertainment experiences where kids ages 3 ? 13 years old play grown-up in a realistic and imaginative setting with multiple venues and hundreds of career possibilities. From a paleontologist to news reporter, to everything in between, kids try out tons of grown-up jobs in an indoor city just their size.

No mention of the coaster though. :(

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
Xanadu
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 03:32:27 PM »
Maybe that are not sure what type of coaster is going there so they didn't want to announce anything final yet. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
Xanadu
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 06:02:28 PM »
Don't the NY Giants have to approve of this before anything can start. I was under the impression they don't want this built. :?
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Xanadu
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 08:40:45 PM »
Quote from: "David Jr"
Don't the NY Giants have to approve of this before anything can start. I was under the impression they don't want this built. :?

If this is true.. I think they have a lot more on their mind right now anyway!  :D

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
Xanadu
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 09:23:00 PM »
It sounds like it is going to be built, they are advertising it in the stadium now.
is back? in black?

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
Xanadu
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 11:24:36 PM »
This has been circulating around for more than a year.  Though, in the past month, the Jets have been searching for a new practice field.  In the paper today, it reported that the most likely place for one happens to be my home town, less than 5 minutes away from where I live, and just yards away from my place on employment.  The mayor of our town is offering them 30 acres for free I believe, which is more than enough for just a practice field and other facilities.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Xanadu
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2006, 11:31:46 PM »
Quote from: "Deadman"
It sounds like it is going to be built, they are advertising it in the stadium now.

It is, the whole Continental parking lot is ripped up and all it is, is a parking garage. They are definitely going through or they're wasting millions advertising it.

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
Xanadu
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2006, 11:44:51 PM »
Well I hope they build a coaster... especially if it is something amazing. The whole complex is about 20 minutes away  :D
is back? in black?

Offline NYRfan85

• Koala Canyon
    • http://comicsncoasters.gadv.com/
Xanadu
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2006, 02:26:52 AM »
Quote from: "sfgadvfreak"
This has been circulating around for more than a year.  Though, in the past month, the Jets have been searching for a new practice field.  In the paper today, it reported that the most likely place for one happens to be my home town, less than 5 minutes away from where I live, and just yards away from my place on employment.  The mayor of our town is offering them 30 acres for free I believe, which is more than enough for just a practice field and other facilities.

Yeah, I've read/heard that the chances are very likely that they will build a practice facility in Old Bridge, or in Sayreville, in the old National Lead site, off of the Main St. Extension. That would be awesome if either one is true!
[size=10]Comics 'N Coasters[/size]

LET'S GO RANGERS!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Xanadu
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 04:27:24 AM »
I remember reading something about Xanadu and their roller coaster stating that it was going to be 200+ feet.  I have no problem with that.  AFAIK, the project is still going on, and happens to be slated to open right around the time I'm slated to graduate. (Spring 2007).  This is great for people in my major, and even better for Montclair State graduates since the person who is in charge of the project at the Mills Corporation is a MSU Alumni from the Commercial Recreation and Tourism major.  The head of the department already gopt several offers to work at places there when it opens, and he's predicting a high demand for us when we graduate since we are a familiar school.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Xanadu
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2006, 12:32:28 PM »
Every time I see the proposed site, with the coaster and Ferris wheel it reminds of Thunder Dolphin at LaQua.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
Xanadu
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2006, 02:15:38 PM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
Every time I see the proposed site, with the coaster and Ferris wheel it reminds of Thunder Dolphin at LaQua.

Yeah! It does look like that. It will have to be a B&M or a Intamin *hopefully* or a new coaster company if it comes by then. The New Giants stadium is set to open 2010