Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: PTR Dorney Park  (Read 5393 times)

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
PTR Dorney Park
« on: July 11, 2008, 02:23:23 PM »
So now you will ask where to now? The suspects on this trip are Me, Cycloneman Millenniumforcehater, and Darkridedan!

So were not lost!

Hey, Im actually welcomed somewhere!

Closer...

So finally we get there, we move through and pull into a fairly empty parking lot where we get a great spot. We Make sure everything is good to go and we make our move and at about 10 O'Clock we are entering the park. My online ticket saved a fair ammount of time. We saw a ride was conveniently located by the entrance therefore we got on the back row with a 1 train wait....

One of the best inverts in the Northeast!

Talon: The Grip of FEAR!

^ My Best Photo of Talon

Talon is a very very fun ride, I enjoy it everytime I ride it. Its very intense and has GREAT inversions, even a pop of airtime in there. The Corkscrews and the Immelman are purely awesome as well as its helix's. This is why its one of my favorites, not my #1 but up there.

After Talon, we moved along to ride...

The Boring Floorless!

Hydra

The

REVENGE!

Hydra is an okay ride at best. It is my least favorite floorless. The Jojo roll right at the beginning is purely AWESOME and I love it but after that it gets boring. The rolls and corkscrews are fun but they are too too spaced out so it lacks intensity. Although there is some airtime on the drop, it is still a fairly boring ride. So to re-excite things we headed to...

Dominator!

Dominator is a fun ride. It is no secret that i love S&S towers, This one is really good because you can be shot up and shot down. I prefer to go up because it is a better feeling IMO and the airtime cant be beat. Going down feels like SMFF, both sides are alot of fun! This is also one of my favorite drop towers. It is ashame that this is the only drop tower withing a reasonable drive of my house. After being Dominated, we headed to..

Thunderhawk! We said it funny cause we are from NY and made fun of Dan throughout the day because of his south jersey accent. It was funny. Anyway, Thunderhawk i HATED last time I rode it, but this time i like it a little more. Its a little rough but it had pops of airtime and was a fun ride. Its not a top woodie but I wouldnt mind to ride is again in the future. One pop of airtime had my standing up, which threw me for a loop completely!

After Thunderhawk, we would head over for our new credit, we also would me Dan over there. Note that it is about 1030 and we covered ALOT of rides at the lines are non-existant at Dorney Park. We would ride the green and yellow thing with TTD's station, it was called....

Superman!

I mean Steel Venom!

Sigh....Why can't I get its name....Im in Dorney not Geauga!!!

Oh right....VOODOO!!!!

This ride is the best ride in the park. Me, myself and I sat in the very front, while Dan and Dainan Millenniumforcehater sat in right behind me. The ride it awesome, the twisting and the continuous speed-ups are great. The disorientation it throws at you is incredible. Finally, to ice the cake, the holding break will REALLY mess with your mind. GREAT ride. After that, we re-rode where I sat in the 2nd to back and DainanMillenniumforcehater and Dan sat behind in the last row. Another awesome ride, I like the back a little bit better because going up backwards is disorienting and FUN!

Most of you are gonna call me out on this one, like you did Great Bore, but this ride tops Wicked Twister.

After that, it was time to give another ride a second chance...

Laser!

I absolutely hated this ride the last time I rode it. HATED IT! I was generous and gave it another try. After being yelled at in the station we hopped in and rode. Its a decent ride. Its intensity is amazing and makes me grey out at the bottom of the loops and parts of the helixes. It is also fairly smooth. The lift also got faster I think...I laugh thinking about how that ride is held up Coney Island style with wood 2 x 4's.

Anywho, After Credit-Whoring the dragon, The big red thing in the park needed to be ridden and so we mobilized.

Some fun on MagnumSteel Force. One of these fine guests thought it would be a smart idea to screw around on the lift. Low and Behold, the cameras caught them. They stop the lift, and send two ops up there. It was alot of fun to watch it all unfold. It was pretty funny if you ask me!

Magnum XL-200Steel Forceless is one of my least favorite hypers. It has very little airtime, annoying restraints and also could use some paint NOT JUST AROUND THE STATION AREA!!! Although fairly smooth the only forces one experiences it not in the tunnel, nor the helixes, nor the big hills, but rather the bunny hills which can give gentle and forceful ejector airtime. Thats the best part of the ride...Sadly...So I rode in the back and then the 2nd car, middle seat and got the same experiences. Its looks like a lot of fun and takes photos, but really is a BIG BIG Bluff that CF put out there.

Anywho, Dan and also Yours Truely, now had a hunger burn. We decided to go to the Sports Restaurant they have in Dorney, which is all sit down, serviced and reasonable.

I had a nice Philly Cheesesteak with some fried. Man, it did not stand a chance and it was VERY delicious! Oh boy.

After lunch, the best way to digest it is to ride a boring forceless Floorless, therefore we did just that. Hydra again, and then we went to Talon for some more riding. Great rides with little waits, so I cannot complain.

By this time, the sun was in its highest point in the sky and we were fatigued from the heat and the battering of the sun, so we decided it was WATERPARK TIME! YAY! We got our handstamped, went to the car and changed. Re-hydrated, gathered our stuff and made our way back into the park where we goofed around for a little. We rented a locker put our stuff in and had a ball.

Wildwater Kingdom!

These are our best attempts to make fun of the sign. Apparently, the guy is superman, or has superpowers. I dont think hes line cutting either, i think hes headstomping, or neck-breaking. Evenso, What is the point, there are no lines at Dorney. So these signs are pointless and so are the ques..... :P

So anyway, the Waterpark was very confusing to navigate but was a very fun time. It really is a great waterpark. I love speedslides, but I HATE the wedgie. I also loved the Blue patriot slide as it is PITCH BLACK and AWESOME! The lilly pads were also no match for me as i went across them without falling, Milleniumforcehater and Dan were fun to watch try it.

So it was about 730, and we had changed and wanted to hit a few more things. I put this shirt back on...

We moved back into Dorney where i snapped some of my nighttime photos (Some of them are already in the Trip Report), we rode Apollo and then Laser one last time. It was also the most crowded I have seen Dorney EVER!

Then headed off to Wendy's and then Burger King for some Dinner, but the line was way too long, so thats why we went to BK. Milleniumforcehater didnt wanna do Bahston Mahket (Translated from Bostonian, Boston Market). I had a Whopper, with a Cold Soda and Fries. It was one of the best ones I ever had. We also had some fun and devoured our food. It was a great ending to a great day, although the line at BK was the longest we waited ALL DAY! :-\

It really was a great day, and was some of the most fun I have ever had at Dorney and at a theme park. It was tons of fun and left alot of memories and great photos, Their flat ride collection is amazing. They have ALOT of flats, in many places, and it is fairly balanced! It is a great overall park, although its Coasters are not the best in the region.

Like every other TR, I like to leave something to Speculate with...

As you know, Laser is leaving, and so that will open up a good amount of space, keeping that in mind, check out the space that was behind Steel Force, clearly visible from the Que, its a big opening that has alot more space then the photos show...

Anybody else, besides me, remember the Screamscape rumors from not too long ago?  :) :P

THANK YOU FOR READING!!!!

*All photos were taken and posted by RobbW, please do not use them without his constent.*

« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 11:33:50 PM by RobbW »
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Re: PTR Dorney Park
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 02:24:15 PM »
blah forgot to resize them for forums

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
  • Great Adventure where you're part of the fun!
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 03:27:12 PM »
....Hydra hurt....

Coaster Count: 255

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 06:50:16 PM »
Nice TR so far Robb. It was the most fun I ever had at Dorney. Sue, I only had a 12 hour notice of the trip! We were having so much fun in Wildwater Kingdom that I didn't leave at four like I had planned.

The Schuylkill is getting repaved, so I went North instead of West and took the New Jersey Turnpike to the PA turnpike (276.) It took an extra 15 minutes or less to get to the park.

I look forward to reading the rest from this day!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 07:22:30 PM by darkridedan »
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 07:50:20 PM »
I just want to say, that seeig Rob's, and Dan's expressions on Dominator (Turbo Drop) when it ropped, was hillarious! Dan had the best reaction ever! Teehee

Laser<3

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 07:52:25 PM »
What day was this?

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 08:18:31 PM »
This was yesterday
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 11:34:24 PM »
Updated and Finished!

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2008, 12:18:21 AM »
Great trip report! I love Dorney Park and it is home to a few of my top coasters. Too bad I couldn't make it- maybe I could've if I was given a little more of a notice, Dainan  :P 

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 12:47:04 AM »
You idiot, I sat next to you in the front on Vodoo! ^_^

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 01:55:23 AM »
Great trip report! I love Dorney Park and it is home to a few of my top coasters. Too bad I couldn't make it- maybe I could've if I was given a little more of a notice, Dainan  :P 

Really? Top Coasters?

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
Yesterday as in Thursday?  Believe it or not, I went there after work.  Another friend of ours was there so I decided to stop by.  When I pulled in Voodoo had no line, but when I got down there, it had a line.  What's up with that???  :(  We were only there from about 4:30-6 and rode Voodoo 4 times.  See, this is the one time you should've called, Dan!

Rich was also working 8-4 that day.  He was on patrol in Wildwater Kingdom.

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 12:16:32 PM »

Really? Top Coasters?

Yup, although you probably wouldn't agree with me after reading your trip report  8)   Steel Force, Voodoo, and Talon. I also really like Thunderhawk. Some of them are not on my top overall coasters, but maybe top in steel coasters.

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 01:20:22 PM »
Yea...I probably should have not invited you in the middle of the night! :P

But you were saved from seeing Dan in a bathing suit :P

Oh, and when I was walking in, I saw Rich (Sue's husband), I didn't get to say hi, but he waved and I waved back. Rob had his back to him, so he probably didn't notice.

-Dainan "Longest drive my car has done" Rafferty

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »
^

Really? Top Coasters?

Yup, although you probably wouldn't agree with me after reading your trip report  8)   Steel Force, Voodoo, and Talon. I also really like Thunderhawk. Some of them are not on my top overall coasters, but maybe top in steel coasters.

Interesting, i know reading your TR, you seemed to LOVE Hydra

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 03:06:25 PM »
^ Yea I go back and forth with Hydra. It was just very rough in the back this year, but the front seat is very enjoyable, IMO.

Dainan, I am usually up late every night. Even though you didn't text me that late other night, I just happened to pass out really early for some reason.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:07 PM »
I see I see.  The jojo is the best part. They ruined the rest IMO

As I told dan and milleniumforcehater...I am sold dorney is getting that woodie after all

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 11:20:56 PM »
Stop calling me Milleniumforcehater, Shwartzkopfhater!

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 04:37:42 PM »
Nice trip report Robb. You guys were really fun to hang with.

I can't decide whether I like Wiked Twister or Voodoo and V2 better. I like the holding brake and the backwards twist equally.

I thought you liked the air on the bunny hops on Steel Force their Rob b? The ejector air on the front of Thunderhawk was strong, like Phoenix. I thought I was going to loose you.

Laser is fun. It's intense and to the point. I'm glad your taste is improving. Hydra could be so good. Talon in the front is a top 20 coaster ride.

Road Rally was fun. It was my first time on it. Who would have thought we would have been at Dorney a whole day and not had time to ride everything!

We got spritzed on the Log Flume ride, Thunder Creek Mountain. Dainan and I didn't tell Robb about Thunder Canyon, the rapids ride. We got soaked and we got sloshed over at White Water Landing (the shoot-the-chutes ride.) We stood on the bridge to wet our dry spots.

Our Wildwater Kingdom afternoon began on Riptide Run. The old lazy river-style ride uses slides to transport people from one pool to another. I suppose it's old technology that stops parks from installing these inground rides at newer parks, but it's still a favorite of mine and Dainan. I think Robb enjoyed it as much. We rode the two lazy river rides, although part of was racing, and I think we liked Wildwater River better than Runaway River.

Robb and Dainan talked me back onto the speed slides. These are the double dip body slides at the back of the park. They aren't as steep as new ones, which made it allot more fun to reride, sans the wedgie.

The Racer slides are awesome. > Tornando slide.

I'm a looser who can't do lily pads but Robb went across like a pro.

We had some fun on the Lightning Falls (single tube raft) slides. They were ok. They are attached to Cascade (double dip, double tube slide.) Robb and Dainan went from the exit of Lightning Falls to the entrance of the Cascade while I got scolded by LINDA and told to walk half way around the park to get to the entrance. The Cascade slide was kind of scary and LINDA was lucky that I was having a blast. I visit Guest Relations on a regular occasion LINDA. 

The Patriot tube slides come Robb and Elissa approved for a reason. The Red double dip ending and the White single dip ending are phenominal but the Blue triple helix pitch black tube came with a warning. It was amazing.

The enclosed body slides (Wildwater Rapids) attached on that same complex were equally awesome. I thought the Yellow triple helix might be the frightening one. I needed to be talked into it (with a massage?) The green one with the sudden ending was the freaky slide. It was steep and not as long as the Yellow and it took me a second to figure out why I was being soaked until I realized the slide had ended.

We hung out at the new wave pool for a while. We crashed and dove through waves. Robb is a water bugg. But it was time to go for a few night rides in the park.

We had a fun ride on Apollo. We rode Lazer, Laser and called it a night.

Thanks for the fun night fellas. Bubba, Matt, Matt and Sue have to come next time!        
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline CycloneMan

• Houdini's Great Escape
    • North East Coasters
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2008, 06:10:58 PM »
Ah yes...the bear massage! I seriously thought you were going to back out, and hearing you scream was the highlight of my day Dan

« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 06:44:01 PM by CycloneMan »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2008, 06:48:44 PM »
Strange.... I recall reading something different in that last post :D

Nice TR but I'm just wondering why its just Bubba, Matt, Matt and Sue that are welcome to come next time???

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »
haha. I made sure those changes went down.

Everybody is welcome! I just ment everybody who was invited a bit too late...although I do believe you were one of them too.
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »
Dan hit the nails on the head. 

Funny thing. The water was a touch brown after dan came down the slides