Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 8/20 - packed!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
8/20 - packed!
« on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:44 PM »
I'll post more details of our trip tomorrow since I'm on my phone but I was curious if anybody else was there today. To me it honestly seemed like a packed fright fest caliber day.  We parked right next to Kingda Ka and even that lot was nearly full!

Overall we STILL had a great day.  I got worried when we pulled in but operations were simply amazing and every single ride was open.  And nearly all were at or near max capacity.

Is it just me or do they seem to change or add more to the parade each week?  There were some awesome new performers tonight that I've never seen also.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:59:54 AM by WadeJ »

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: 7/20 - packed!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 11:55:38 PM »
Every parade performance is different, LOL.  Ever see Marvin the Martian's spaceship in full strobe mode?  I like it that way so much better. Maybe it's the curse part of the blessing of having seen the parade so much, but it obvious that they are still playing around with the effects.  But, it's good to see that happening this deep into the season since that makes some promise for next season.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: 7/20 - packed!
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »
You mean 8/20 Wade :)

That's weird that it was so packed... we were getting KILLED at Wendy's all day, maybe it's a busy week for everything NJ?

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 8/20 - packed!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »
Oops...

I was just testing our grammar hammer to make sure he wasn't getting rusty ;)  And let me also point out that I typed all of that on my phone and its still spelled nearly perfectly LOL

I didn't get a chance to offload my pictures so that will have to wait until tonight but another tidbit I wanted to mention is the kickass deal in our season pass booklets for Papa Johns.  We were trying to figure out what to do for dinner which always stresses me out at this park because there aren't a lot of easy options for the kids and adults that also have good prices and somewhere to sit.  (BOTW comes to mind as not having the greatest kid selection but rocks for adults)  So we decided on Papa Johns at the new location by the Wiggles World entrance.  We noticed the family meal deal at a rather steep $42 bucks but then found a coupon for $10 off bringing it to just under $32.  Now every time we've ever eaten as a family at Gadv its always come to around $30 for four of us so that didn't bother me as much.  BUT, this is what you get:

A huge full pie pizza that was awesome
2 plates of cheesesticks (6 sticks in total)
A huge family salad you split up yourself (they give you plates)
4 water ices
A HUGE jug of soda with a nice carry handle and a flip lid to pour (they give you cups)

THIS IS A STEAL!  Seriously, we probably could have fed 8 people with all the food we had.  I fealt guilty throwing some away.  We even gave away the salad platter since we jumped right into the pizza and got stuffed.  On top of that, you can bring the soda jug back for $2 refills!

Had we purchased single slices for the four of us along with sodas, that easily would have been $30 right there. 

I just had to share that LOL :D

I also have a picture of a 3/4 full Fort Independance statium for the Dolphin show.  I don't remember the last time I saw this stadium nearly full. 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 10:10:36 AM by WadeJ »

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: 8/20 - packed!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 05:28:02 PM »
There are concerts almost every night this week at the park.
Plus lots of end of summer vacations!!
Add some beautiful weather = Packed Great Adventure.

I won't tell you what last Friday night was like!  ;)

Operations have been fantastic lately.
If they could just get the Nitro operator to stop whining about people's shoes.
He spends more time yelling at people then the delay pile of flip flops causes.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 05:43:22 PM by Ogolo »