Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Could a better ride have been put in place of Dark Knight???  (Read 13008 times)

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
Re: Could a better ride have been put in place of Dark Knight???
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
Ok now y why are you guys all in love the dark night? Wild mouses are great an at the boardwalk. If I wanted to go on the Wild mouse I would of went to see side Seaside. Are you guys kidding me? This ride was hype up like kingda ka an and had the delivery of tango.

Honestly, how hard is it to use proper grammar and spelling? We have a spell checker in our posts so please use them. We have asked you many times already.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:20:08 PM by overlord »

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »
Dude, lose the attitude.  We are all FANS of the park.  None of us are here to bash anything.

Yes, the park may have made a mistake with TDK in the opinions of many uninformed "fans" like yourself, but you know what, the park made a great deal of revenue from a ride that was rather inexpensive to build. 

Be happy the park is adding new rides and making money, and if you want to nit-pick everything, I will gladly give you the link to another website where people love doing that.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 11:27:53 PM »
Me, I guess that is because we all followed the construction of the ride pretty closely here, so we knew from the jump that it would be a wild mouse.  The park made it as clear as possible it was a family ride...until the end.  They couldn't stay away from the "thrill" word, and even went as far as to say "If you like Nitro and El Toro (at least I believe those were the two rides cited), you'll like this ride" and, "You know how Time Warner does movies, and you know how we do coasters".  Big Mistake.  If you only caught that, and the summer ads, then you were pretty set up for disappointment.

But, even the different perspectives are no reason to get so upset.  People will always have different positions on everything, that's what makes the boards fun.  I don't want to post on a forum where every single person thinks that El Toro is their favorite coaster.  I like the Kingda Ka fans having their opinions, and the Nitro fans with theirs, and the Chiller fans still crying.  It makes these forums, and life, much more interesting.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 09:47:38 AM »
After reading this thread I would like to Thank VinnyFresh and Welcome you to the boards.   me23, your passion about this subject is really great!

Now wait for it.... But, Like most members, I just wish you took the time to preview your post before actually posting it. Again,  this goes for all the new members as well, please take the time to preview and spellcheck your post before actually hitting the post button.

Now everyone ,  please keep posting!   And as R.J said " It makes these forums, and life, much more interesting.

Oh, on topic ..  TDK  is  still one the better Mouse Coaster I've been on  ;)   Now only if they could of added some of those effects from Pirates Hide away.  :P

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 09:59:25 AM »
What effects Bubba? The nut crushing lap bars and the "water spot"?

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »
You must of rode it early in the season, It's so amazing now !

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »
Chuck and I rode it like the first week it opened...

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 10:43:07 AM »
Clint, it got a splashdown if you haven't been on it since.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »
i would applaud this coaster :golfclap: because it has great special affects (unlike skull mountain) and probably the best wild mouse

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 04:05:03 PM »
Loving this thread guys :)  Please do try to use proper grammar though.  I guess it's the parent in me but it depresses me when I see what texting and IM has done to today's youth.

Anyway, great discussion.

I'll personally mention that on paper, Dark Knight had the making of a great all around attraction.  Marketing was clearly where things went wrong.  In fact, as much as I like the pre-show (it may be the best part of the ride), it isn't even appropriate for children.  So here we are with an awesome themed pre-show and a coaster that my 6 year old can ride but I won't take him on it because he'd have nightmares for weeks after seeing that pre-show.

Great effort but it feels to me like they cut the budget at the end which explains the lack of, well, anything for the last half of the ride.  And they missed the mark with the demographics as well.  But please don't fault Great Adventure for these mis-steps but rather corporate as they obviously controlled these decisions.

Offline VinnyFresh

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 04:11:54 PM »

After reading this thread I would like to Thank VinnyFresh and Welcome you to the boards.   me23, your passion about this subject is really great!

Now wait for it.... But, Like most members, I just wish you took the time to preview your post before actually posting it. Again,  this goes for all the new members as well, please take the time to preview and spellcheck your post before actually hitting the post button.

Now everyone ,  please keep posting!   And as R.J said " It makes these forums, and life, much more interesting.

Oh, on topic ..  TDK  is still one the better Mouse Coaster I've been on  ;)   Now only if they could of added some of those effects from Pirates Hide away.  :P

Thank you! I think, even after following the whole construction update on the ride, I still expected something like Pirates Hide away or The Mummy. But I do Agree, TDK is one of the better Mouse Coasters.
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO!

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 04:19:43 PM »
Listen, I'm saying that they should have used a wild mouse they should of put in an big steel and named that jokers fury and named the big steel one the dark night besides steel coasters are better story tellers

i mean named the wild mouse jokers fury sorry 

*edit*
Please don't double post.  If you need to make a correction to your post, please use the edit button. :)

**DOUBLE EDIT**
Proof reading will cause less headaches to who ever reads your posts.... I tired fixing this post, but it's almost useless as none of it makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:57:25 AM by Frissbeking »

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 05:22:32 PM »
I think the whole problem that people have with the dark knight is that they are expecting a lot more from it than it really is.  When I was waiting on the line on a crowded day for it, people were coming out of the ride were saying 'don't waste your time' to everyone in the queue.  They don't know its a wild mouse and are expecting it to be something to the level of nitro.

The biggest problem I have with the Dark Knight is that I get blinded by that flash every time.  ^-^

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »
I would also like to add in that the light coming in from the door as you exit the ride also kills it as being a "dark" ride.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 06:21:08 PM »
I'll personally mention that on paper, Dark Knight had the making of a great all around attraction.  Marketing was clearly where things went wrong.  In fact, as much as I like the pre-show (it may be the best part of the ride), it isn't even appropriate for children.  So here we are with an awesome themed pre-show and a coaster that my 6 year old can ride but I won't take him on it because he'd have nightmares for weeks after seeing that pre-show.

Wade, I never even considered that.  I'll add that as another reason why I think the ride hit the mark as far as thematics and ride intensity, but missed with the actual theme.

It really sucks when you have to carefully choose your words to describe it to the guests, and on park tours to new Team Members.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Fjask

• Affiliate
  • Carousel
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 08:37:06 PM »
I would also like to add in that the light coming in from the door as you exit the ride also kills it as being a "dark" ride.
Didn't they add a tarp over the exit inside the building sometime during last season just for that reason?  I remember the ride being a lot darker when I rode it near the end of the season.

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 08:40:39 PM »
They probably put a tarp up so that you can't see everyone giving it thumbs down.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 11:55:30 AM by Frissbeking »

Offline Bubba Z

• Global Moderator
  • Nitro
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 08:44:51 PM »
^ We should give you the thumbs down for still not using the spell checker. I beg you to try!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »
I will second Wade's comments about the ride being for kids but having a psychotic preshow.  Don't you all remember Angel telling us that the first version of the show was even worse than that?
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 11:53:35 AM »
Oh I wanna see the first version now!

Offline VinnyFresh

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
yeah what is the first version???
5, 4, 3, 2, 1, GO!

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »
NOTHING WILL EVER MAKE THIS COASTER BETTER

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 06:08:41 PM »
A dark ride if done right can turn out really well. Look at Mummy in Universal Orlando for example. Its amazing.

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 06:11:35 PM »
ya the mummy is in more then one room

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 06:27:38 PM »
Actually, it's not. It's all in the same giant building.