Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Status of Chiller for 2006  (Read 15595 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Status of Chiller for 2006
« on: October 27, 2005, 12:11:33 PM »
Many online have been speculating that The Chillers days are numbered.

Others go as far to say that one side will come down and go to another park (I'm serious  :roll:  ) or they are going to start rotating which side is running each year to save money.  I think the most popular rumor is the power issue which was "worsened" by Kingda Ka.

Well, basically, NONE of them are true.  They encountered some unexpected maintenance issues this year with Batman but Gadv expects both the Batman and Robin sides to be running next season as was originally planned for this year.

Offline snowboard101

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 04:19:58 PM »
One word.... AWSOME!

Im so tired of waiting for it to open so this is a good sign for next year making to new things to look forward to.

El Toro Rides: 5   Kingda Ka Launches: 17

My Pictures

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:23:24 PM »
I like to use the word AWESOME  :wink:  as well. Thats good news!

Offline innervision

• VIP
  • Nitro
  • Holy atomic pile, Batman!
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 10:09:32 AM »
Finally, the Batman side is much better than Robin. I cant wait, that may be my third coaster ride next season if its open.

1. El Toro
2. Kingda Ka
3. B:TC

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 04:45:55 PM »
Awesome, great to hear this good news. Internet speculation  :lol:

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 11:41:01 PM »
They could save some trouble, and make it 1 big coaster... shorten the 2 spikes a little, make it an overbank turn, and transform it into a contiuous coaster. They could run 2-3 trains... Launch into the top hat, heartline, overbank, launch down again (just a little push) into the other heartline, into the cobra roll and into some brakes ... ahh one can dream  :lol:

All kidding aside... I am hoping they can get the Batman side up and running, both would be even better. I might have to start making 1-3 stops a week at the park this season with El Toro and Batman...

Rob

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 11:21:53 AM »
They seemed to really just.. leave it be all season though.  I saw little to no work being proformed on this coaster at all.  Perhaps they were waiting  for parts or something but, i saw no signs of them hoping to get it back up.

I just hope its running come opening day.  This is really the biggest thing that it sorely missed in the park right now.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 10:30:32 PM »
Basically, it really did just sit there.

There was nothing they could do with it this season due to situations outside of the parks control.

Trust me, they have every intention of having it operational in 2006 :)

Oh, and thanks for stopping by Chilled.  Nice to have you here ;)

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 11:21:59 PM »
I uh, guess I did a number already.  Just happy to be part of forums that are really.. forums!  

Since uh, Batman side remains one of my very favorites, I really hope that all goes well this season.  Even though the launch might not be as fast as well, the "other" launched in the park. lol
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2005, 04:05:42 PM »
Going through that top hat on the inside makes the ride AWESOME!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 04:37:41 PM »
I think part of what makes that Batman side even more enjoyable is the fact that the LIMS must be operating at peak performance for the train to clear the course.  I also think the premier trains handle the tophat inversion much better than doing the cobra roll.

Meanwhile, I think Robin starts to lose its umph as the season wears on because while these premier coasters won't reach 128MPH, they still pack a very good punch when running correctly :)

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 09:49:11 PM »
Hello all! I have decided to finally join these Forums. I have been reading over them for the past few weeks and have decided to join. I hope these Forums will continue to grow over the long off-season. I'd like to say that the site is great so far, and you all have done a great job so far. I look forward to a successful future of GAdvupdates.com!

Anyway, sounds great about Chiller. I have yet to ride either side of the Chiller ( :shock: ), but I hope to next season, and hopefully both sides!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline MForce23

• Monkey Around
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 10:37:39 PM »
I miss this ride so much that I actually had a nightmare about it. I was the next one to go on and it launched and some how the train flew off the spike. Verry wierd dream.....

I hope that would never happen :roll:

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2005, 02:20:57 PM »
Cool, of course those of you who now me already know how much i miss it :D .
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2005, 02:41:44 PM »
I was really looking forward to riding the Batman side (much more than Robin) when we were there in September.

I did like Robin but I think that Mr. Freeze (SFOT) and Poltergeist (SFFT) are much better premier launched coasters.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 02:45:17 PM »
Robin sucked for much of 2005.  For better or for worse, Robin has the ability to clear the course while half the LIM's aren't working.

Little by little LIM's were dying throughout the year but they kept it open.  You can definately feel the difference in the launch though when its operating at full power.

IMO - I also felt the train was rather shakey and not as smooth as 2004.  Hopefully that clears up as well.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
Robin sucked for much of 2005.  For better or for worse, Robin has the ability to clear the course while half the LIM's aren't working.

Little by little LIM's were dying throughout the year but they kept it open.  You can definately feel the difference in the launch though when its operating at full power.

IMO - I also felt the train was rather shakey and not as smooth as 2004.  Hopefully that clears up as well.

I thought I was the only one that ever noticed this!!!

I still think the Batman side, the year it opened, is the best ride the park ever had. Even with the OTSR's... now if they could only get it to run like that with the lap bars...  :shock:  I'd be in heaven!

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 02:58:12 PM »
Actually, last April when Jodi (My friend from CA for those who don't know her :)) was here for the first possible KK media day, she and I both noticed it was sluggish!  In Fact, they shut it down for an hour after we got off of it. :shock:

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 05:24:40 PM »
I remember BTC being down 2 years ago because of staglemite issues.  For those of you who do not know, staglemites are those things that hang in caves that look like needles.  Of coarse, Batmans were microscopic, but enough to do damage to the wheels.  It took them a while to clean up the track and such.

I'm looking forward to riding Batman again after a whole year dormant.  Hope it rings in 06' with a PUNCH!
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 08:46:43 PM »
Robin side was the only ride I have ever ridden that I honestly felt I was going to fall out of.

It took that cobra roll so slow and with Lap Bars only it kind of freaked me out.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 09:52:42 PM »
I hope that with 2006 coming we will see Batman up and running because it will reduce wait times by a lot. I noticed that a lot of people got discouraged when the lines were right out of the door, but then other days the lines would fill up the entire queue inside and out. It is definitely a good ride though.

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 10:05:31 PM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
I like to use the word AWESOME  :wink:  as well. Thats good news!

Ditto here  8)
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 11:43:25 PM »
Quote from: "blazzinmatt"
I hope that with 2006 coming we will see Batman up and running because it will reduce wait times by a lot. I noticed that a lot of people got discouraged when the lines were right out of the door, but then other days the lines would fill up the entire queue inside and out. It is definitely a good ride though.

During FF robin's queue was filled up ENTIRELY!  Inside and out.  I'm approximating at least a 3 hour wait, if not more.  That amount of time is sheer insanity to wait for a 40 second ride.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2005, 12:43:56 PM »
People waited 8 hours for Ka on its opening day. That is insanity!!

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2005, 05:58:21 PM »
I waited 3 hours for Superman: The Escape when it first opened.

That's insanity!!!
- Gregg

See my photo album here: