Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Bizarro Golden Tickets!  (Read 12340 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Bizarro Golden Tickets!
« on: April 24, 2009, 01:25:10 AM »
The park is having a scavenger hunt to win passes to ride on the VERY FIRST train out on Bizarro.  Find out the details here!
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: Bizarro Golden Tickets!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:56:56 AM »
That's pretty cool, I would do it if I was back in Jersey.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 07:34:53 AM »

"In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES!"

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 06:45:28 PM »
Lol, that's exactly what I thought of first.  I wonder if they will look like the picture, or somewhat different?  If they wanted to make it "Bizarre", I guess they could go with Pewter, LOL!

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:09:39 AM »
  I am in on the Scavenger Hunt next Weekend, and my pic. is one of the "Chosen One's" that is up on Bizarroishere.com. Next Weekend will actually be my first visit to the Park this Season, and I can't think of a better way to kick off a Season by giving it my best in an event such as this. I will be looking forward to seeing everyone out there next week, it is going to be a wild time!!!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »
We are also going to the Scavenger hunt next weekend . I am looking forward to seeing how this will be done . I am sure we will not win anything but it is always worth the try . How many others are going ??

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 02:33:03 PM »
I plan on going with a friend of mine. I am just hoping that it doesn't involve too much running as I am in a cast/boot with a broken foot and torn ligament. I can walk fine but running won;t work so well.

Either way, I am looking forward to seeing what the park puts together for us.

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
  I just recieved the Bizarro Daily Planet Paper in the Mail on Sat. I am going to frame it and hang it with my other stuff from the Park. I am psyched about the Scavenger Hunt as long as they do it good.

Offline jimmybjammin

• Raja's Rickshaws
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 08:43:47 PM »
I'm hoping I win a golden ticket, I've spent every weekend but one at GA since opening day, so I should be able to find what ever I'm looking for in the scavenger hunt. I loved Medusa.

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 09:36:06 AM »
 Mt pic. is up on bizarroishere.com (bizarre Mr.Six, my 4yr. old daughter) and I am supposed to get a free tix. to the Park but have not recieved it yet, and be in the running for the Preview Day. If your pic. is posted on the Site you are in the running for the Preview Day without doing the Scavenger Hunt. My pic. actually has the highest score on the site an 8.3 rating.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 12:07:39 PM »
THAT WAS YOU!?!?!?!?!?!

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »
 Yup, It says Railer right at the top of the description. The score only has an influence of the winners. It is not based only on the voting score.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 02:29:45 PM »
how long does it usually take fo an uploaded pic to show up? I uploaded mine on monday and I don't see it there yet.

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 06:19:13 PM »
  They pick the one's that get Posted, not every shot that goes in makes it up there. Not saying yours is not good enough or anything, but not all the submissions get Posted, That's all.

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01:51 PM »
Oh okay, but does that mean i didn't make it or am i still in the competition only my pic just didn't get posted?

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 06:42:51 PM »
  If your pic. is not posted, you are not in the Competition. But it does seem to take them a while to Post them. Mine took about 2 week's before it showed up. My pic. was in the first Batch put up.

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »
Just so you all know, the Scavenger Hunt will begin in front of the Character Cafe at 2:00PM. At least that is the info given on the Facebook page, which may or may not be 100% accurate.

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 06:32:35 PM »
  I was one of the Golden Ticket Winners!!!! And they actually give you a Golden Ticket. Me and 29 other people will be on the first Train out of the Station. Pics. from the Festivities and my Golden Ticket are in my Gallery.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 09:06:08 PM »
All I can say is SF really outdid themselves with this one. The Scavenger Hunt was absolutely awesome! I had an incredibly good time and the hunt was much much harder than I had expected. I ended up finishing first with my friend which was very cool. The Golden Tickets are awesome and the whole thing was very well done. Did I mention how great it was? Congrats to all the other winners.

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
  Six Flags really didn't do it, 42Entertainment were the ones responsible for it. The Guy in the Flannel shirt, the the guy in the Green shirt, and the Dark Haired Lady with the Boots on. They were all 42Ent. they are the company Six Flags hired to do the Viral Campaign. They did the Viral Campaign for The Dark Knight Movie, and NIN's last album's Viral Campaign. They have a few more coming up but they could not tell me for what (not Six Flags). Angel and the PR Team didn't even know the answers for it, they were doing it in the Park with us. It was really awesome, whoever was responsible though. I found most of the "letters" around the Park last night and took pics. of them all, so I figured I was a lock to win, but knowing where the letters were was only a small part of it. My favorite's were the Bizarro Bridge one, that was really clever and well done, and "Boat #9". I am just glad they gave us an extra hour, I would never have gotten them all without it. See you on the 21st.!!!!                                 

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 09:42:41 PM »

Are they having an other round for this or was this the only weekend, I forget ?    If not , I'm just wondering why you aren't going in to more detail about the hunt. How many questions , what were they and  where were the answers , Lol.  I understand if this was the parks request to keep a sercert, but I'm really wondering if i had a shot?   Stupid work.   OH, Thanks for the pictures.

Offline Coasterdude28

• Affiliate
  • Monkey Around
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 09:53:35 PM »
Bubba, this was the only hunt for Gadv. There will be one at SFNE next week.

Railer, I know that 42 Entertainment put it all together...I was just saying the park in general I guess because they are the ones who hired 42 Ent. Either way, the hunt was awesome and 42 Entertainment did an incredible job. They were really awesome.

Bubba, it is very hard to explain what the hunt was like. We got a packet with a bunch of papers in it and each paper had a letter at the top of it. We had to find that letter posted around the park somewhere and then solve the clue on the paper using the surrounding area. It is kind of tough to describe. They gave me a packet to take with me at the end so if I get some time tomorrow I'll take some pictures of the clues and post them. No promises though.

See you all on the 21st! Can't wait!

P.S. my foot is killing me right now. I managed to do the hunt(and win...not to brag) on a broken foot. It doesn't feel too good right now though. Everyone who participated did an awesome job though!

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 10:24:20 PM »
 You were the one with the cast? I saw you there, good job. I was beat after it was over with two good feet!!! I'll try to explain it. You were given a Park map with the area where clues were marked on it. You figure out the clue and it would give you numbers as an answer. You would then call a # they has set up from your cell, punch in the #'s and it would give you a code word, that was you answer. The clues were what was good. One was you had to go on the Big Wheel and on the Roof of one of the Buildings was a # answer. Another one of the questions had you go to the Ride Plaques for 3 of the Rides in the park for the answers. One of the best one's was go to the first "No Smoking" sign on the right side of the Bizarro Bridge and look thru the rectangle. The Ride that you see thru the rectangle was Eruption, you then had to look on the "real" Park Map for the # of that Ride, and that was the # you put in as the code on your cell. The "Rectangle" was the part of El-Toro that has the Path that leads to the Bizarro Bridge under it. It was well thought out, and alot of time had to of gone into it. Hats off to 42, they did a good job.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 10:27:00 PM by Railer »

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2009, 11:12:20 PM »
WE also won !! IT was a great time and I am really , really tired . Will post more on Monday . Big communion day in the morning ... See everyone on the 21st...  ;D