Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Coaster's After Dark  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
Coaster's After Dark
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:30:34 PM »
  Just returned home from one the best Night's in the park in a while. The Rain held off and Crowd's were VERY light. Walk on's and re-rides all night on everything!!! Bizarro is making progress with the Sign Post's in place under the Cobra Roll, and there has been more work done for the Auger-Of-Doom. There are little Banner's all over the Park with the Bizarro Logo and a letter of the alphabet on it for the Scavenger Hunt Tommorrow. The Big Wheel is still not lit up yet, but most of the LED's are in place, but not all of them. Everything in all the Shop's was 25% off for tonite only. I just put up pic's in my Gallery and look for more tommorrow of the Scavenger Hunt, I am going back to the Park for it.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Coaster's After Dark
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 01:13:31 AM »
Showed up around 8:30.   Rode  Nitro 3x , Batman ,T:DK, Carousel  and Rolling Thunder.   

Hannah hit #100 riding the Knight!!!   I'm tired , good night . Oh,   They did install a new dryer for Congo Rapids.  It's a shed type thing that you stand in (4 people max) and it blows how air on you to dry you off. I've only seen one these in Dollywood so far, so I haven't yet used one.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:16:13 AM »
Rich said Dorney now has one of those dryers at the exit to Whitewater Landing.

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 09:53:56 AM »
 I think if you put money in a dryer they Transport you to Magic Mountain!!! They do look pretty cool with the lights on in them at night, but for 5$ they better Transport you somewhere.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:41 AM »
Yeah it will transport you to the dryer by log flume.
Just make sure there are no flies in there with you!

Showing up at 8:00-8:30 was the really right idea last night
Nothing seemed to be working until around then for some reason??
I thought maybe they did it on purpose to get all the Physics Day people out of the park.
So few people they were having a hard time filling the trains on Kingda Ka for a while.
It really ended up being a decent night...

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
Finally got my Nitro fix. Yay.

The padding on Rolling Thunder is way too thick. I can't event sit completely down in the seat now.

I finally saw Batman after my 10th or so ride on Dark Knight.

Carousel has a longer cycle than DIsney World's!

Offline Railer

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 11:17:04 AM »
 We got there about 8:00 and there was a stedy stream of people heading for the Buses. We knew it was going to be a good Night right then. Last year's Coasters After Dark was a rainout. I got there about 7:20 and they closed the Entrance road at 7:00. Needless to say I was not happy. I am getting ready to head back to the Park for the Scavenger Hunt, look for pics. later. See you all there. (I will be wearing a light colored hooded zip up sweatshirt)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »
Hey Ken , do you have my number ?  If so please text me when you are at the park.  It seems twice now we could of said Hi, and rode some coasters together. In fact  I'll just ext you when I'm there.

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 07:47:04 AM »
Actually it was 3 times...I was there the day you saw Peter by Tango too.
I'm actually surprised I didn't see you on Friday as it seemed I kept running into the same people all night.
I was going to go to the Scavenger Hunt but Friday Night just wiped me out.
Hopefully we will see each other "soon".

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 09:47:09 AM »
I should have come Friday night.  I love running into everybody from here in the park.

Offline redlafrance

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
 We got there around 8pm also.  Had the little one with me, so rode family rides.  Skull Mountain, Parachutes, Log Flume, Runaway Train, Rolling Thunder, and the Carousel.  All in an hour and headed out Taco Bell.  It was Emily's first time on Rolling Thunder.  Pretty cool considering that at 7:15 pm I was at home sitting on my couch and decided to go. ;D