Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Best food value at the park?  (Read 2703 times)

Offline sagrr

Best food value at the park?
« on: February 20, 2006, 11:31:10 PM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that food at the flags is overpriced. Does anyone know when one could get the most for their dollar?

Offline OrlandoRocks

• Carousel
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 12:44:20 AM »
Outside the park has the cheapest food. (Wawa, Burger King, KFC or Mcdonalds)

Most people who eat inside the parks prefer Best of the West.

Offline sagrr

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 12:54:30 AM »
yep.. i generally always go to McDonalds etc.. But I wish that the food prices were cheaper in the park...

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 07:16:44 AM »
The park in effect has all new management policies.  We won't really know what the prices will be inside the park and even what will be offered at the food places until opening day, and I suspect constant tweaking and changes will occur all this season.

This is one time that you really can't go by what happened in the past.  For all we know, Best of the West may be a Ruby Tuesday on opening day.  Or not.

Offline SFGAsue

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:42:18 AM »
I just hope they keep the SP discount.  Last year I always ate at Ted's Cheesesteak and got either a corn dog/fries/large coke OR chicken nuggets/fries/large coke for under $5.  Really.  You'd get like a 25% discount there by showing your SP.  Keep your fingers crossed!

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2006, 05:02:24 PM »
Best of the West is not only the park's best value, but the food (not the drink) prices are even pretty reasonable compared to outside outlets with similar quality eats. The thing about BotW is that yes, you are paying more than stands or places like the Character Cafe, but you're getting food that's the quality of somewhere like Applebee's or Friday's rather than that of McDonald's or Wendy's. And the prices at BotW for food are similar to those of eateries like Applebee's and Friday's, whereas the prices at Riverbank or Character are considerably more than at McD's or Wendy's. So, though it does cost more than most food outlets in the park, Best of the West undoubtedly gives you the best value for your money, not to mention the best food.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 05:10:02 PM »
I really like Best of West, Nathan's and Wok & Roll. But, thats if I ever eat in the park...

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »
^Yeah, I go to Nathan's basically everytime I go to the park! Even though it is quite expensive, they have good food and it is always quick and easy. Within 15-20 minutes, we are out and ready to ride rides again!

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2006, 07:25:36 PM »
Nathans is my favorite for when I want a quick bite.  Fast + good food = Happy Reggie. :)   If I want to get away from it all, you can find me on the back balcony of Best of the West.  That has to be my favorite place in the park.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel