Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: New Season Pass Options for 2010  (Read 6862 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
New Season Pass Options for 2010
« on: September 11, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
So I was looking at the current promotion for buying a 2010 season pass (which is buy one today for $79.99 and you get a $10 Papa John's gift card), I saw a new option to buy a Six Flags Play Pass for $69.99.

So what's the difference? Well, you can see it all here, but I'll run it down for you:

With both passes you get:
- Unlimited entry for the rest of the year and 2010
- Admission to all Six Flags parks

With the Season Pass you get:
- Free tickets for friends
- Coupon Book
- Admission to the Wild Safari

So that's interesting. If I didn't go to the Safari I would definitely save myself $10 because I almost never use anything in the coupon books, but obviously that's different for everyone.

Kind of strange that the Play pass doesn't give you access to the Wild Safari, but if that's not for you then this pass might work! I think they would benefit from making it say, $20 cheaper instead of $10 but that's me.

Also, season pass parking is $45 again.

And as per the usual season pass prices vary at different parks. I'll never understand that either. I actually did an entire project on how Six Flags could become more profitable by changing their pass pricing structure in college, but that's a story for another time!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: New Season Pass Options for 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 06:38:14 PM »
Never knew all six flags parks have different SP prices. That good to know anyway

Offline mich17mak

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »
Hmm that's weird.  My "home park" this year is Six Flags America, since I happened to be living in Baltimore at the beginning of the summer, but now I'm back in NY and go to Great Adventure more often...anyway at Six Flags America, I got a season pass, but it's really a "play pass" (that's what it says on the actual pass...I don't think they offer season vs. play pass there - it's just a 'play pass').  And I got a coupon booklet, free-friend passes, and not only do I get free admission to all Six Flags parks, but it includes Wild Safari...that's weird how SFA's play pass is pretty much like SFGAdv season pass...but I guess since the park is so small over there there's no need to have 2 types of passes.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 12:13:49 AM »
Well that was also this year. Next year its going to be different. So make sure to read what Jglonek posted first and understand the situation.

Offline mich17mak

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:38 AM »
^^I did read what he said.  That's why I posted and said that I thought it was weird that other parks do it differently (probably b/c of location and size).  Just commenting - isn't that what the forum is for...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »
To be honest, if it weren't for these forums I probably woukd even know what each one meant!

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 02:14:35 PM »
To be honest, if it weren't for these forums I probably woukd even know what each one meant!

I agree

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:28 PM »
It looks like the Play Pass does not let you get into Season Pass Holder events.
Coasters At Dark, Fall Family Fun Night,Rise and Scream.
Those alone are worth the extra $10 for the Season Pass.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 03:50:47 AM »
^^I did read what he said.  That's why I posted and said that I thought it was weird that other parks do it differently (probably b/c of location and size).  Just commenting - isn't that what the forum is for...

Is wasn't an attack on you? I was just replying as it is a forum. I was just letting future readers know they should read Jgloneks post and not mistake his information with your post.