Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Universal Orlando Quickie 7/15  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Universal Orlando Quickie 7/15
« on: July 15, 2009, 10:58:20 PM »
So today my room mate Steve and I made a quick visit to Universal/IoA for a few hours. We got up late, didn't get to the park(s) until almost 2 and left around 6. It was pretty busy, but we managed to get Express Passes for free, so that helped a bunch as each ride was well over a 30 minute wait. I didn't take too many pictures, except for Rockit. We first stopped at Hulk, rode in row 4, boring, no headbanging though. Spiderman was next, fun as usual. It was really humid today, so we wanted to do water rides, but the lockers by the water rides were $3 an hour, and the others were free, so we skipped them, rode Fire Dragon once and left to the Studios. Rockit was sitting in the station the entire time we were in the park with people all over the place, strapping in sandbags I guess. We rode Mummy twice, sat around by the new coaster in hopes of a test run, but got nothing. We left. It was fun. On the way out, we saw it test once (Yay!) Here are my pictures...

^ The queue is HUGE

^ All in one piece :)

^ "Did one of you guys hear a coaster testing?" "No, that was a pigeon"

^Stairs into station.

^Steve is sad it's not open

That's all I think... rest of the pics are here...
http://community.webshots.com/user/frissbeking

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
Re: Universal Orlando Quickie 7/15
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 12:09:06 PM »

Nice trip report
I hope to get down there later this year or early next

I like this pic below

Yo

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Universal Orlando Quickie 7/15
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
^ I like that one too, looks sick.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!