Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Bush Gardens / Water Country USA and Freestlye Music Park Trips ....  (Read 1608 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Family Vacation time again and we were going to amusement parks ..I know what a suprise right LOL

We started at Bush Gardens and Water Country USA in Williamburg in VA. We have not been to BG in a few years and we were looking forward to riding Griffon and Darkastle. As always the park is beautiful and clean. We were impressed with the way the rides were run there if there were three trains most of the time all three were running . The lines always moved and we never waited too long . Even on a crowded Saturday the longest wait was Darkastle and that was an Hour . When we went on Griffon I have to say there was no longer then a 20 min. wait and there were three trains running .

Griffon was very good . It could have been a little longer but it was a great feeling to be hanging over the edge . First trip on I sat almost dead center front row . The second time I sat Second row end seat . I thought the end seat was worse then the front center because there was no track under you and you had that floating feeling.

Darkastle reminded me of Spiderman in IOA but for it to be at BGW was a great move for them . This ride always had a line when we walked by Except one night just before closing . I thought the story was ok but the ride was good.

We rode all the other coasters and rides . My son now tall enough for Big Bad Wolf and Lochness Monster LOVED them both but had to ride Lochness about 15 times .  ;D...
We also rode all the favorites that SFGADV no longer has , the swings , the bumper cars ,the scrambler etc . ALL in all it was a fun trip .

Water Counrty USA has not added much in a long time we did however notice Hubba Hubba Highway was new . It is a lazy river type of ride that you use a lifevest to float down instead of a tube. This was a lot of fun . Other then that there were no new additions since our last visit .

Freestlye Music Park ...

We went to Myrtle Beach and were unsure  on weather or not to go to Freestlye music park. When checking into the hotel the park was in sight and well we went when we got a great deal to go . We were 5 people and we walked into the park for ..$58.00 for all of us . The deal was 17.76 a ticket buy one get one free . This made going to the park a no brainer for us .

park opens at 11 parking is $7 . When going into the park it reminded me of USF/IOA 's entrence and Hard Rock Hotel areas . Hence if you looked for it there were still touches of the old park around especially if you knew the Hard Rock Look .

We went right to the Time machine ride . This the only ride in the park my son can not ride . Right before getting to the ride though is a water area with buckets and squirters etc . I stayed with him and rode when they got off .

The lines here were very short but Loading this ride takes some time . The park wants to run full trains and well there just are not enough people sometimes to do this and they only ran one trian the day we were there . Upon entering the station there are number the 60's ,70's 80's 90's and 00's . On  my first ride I rode the 80' s this is the music you will hear riding the ride . On my second ride I rode the 90's . I wanted to ride more but after figuring out how they were loading it was just too long to wait . Hint .. They start at the 60's and load up form there then start at the 60's again . It takes about 20-30 min each cycle from 60'-00's.

Will finish this later .

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Bush Gardens / Water Country USA and Freestlye Music Park Trips ....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 12:29:32 PM »
On to the next ride ... We then rode roundabout ... This is the ride that starts in a ferris wheel type of lift. Again this ride also has music and the trains sit 6 each and look like cars. It was very cool to ride just for the lift it's self . We thought the lift was very cool . One "car" we got on had no music and it made the ride less exciting the music and lift make this one.
We headed over to some flats ..One looked like taxis  and kind of reminded me of the bulls that were in SFGADV over by Viper . Then we went into "monsters of Rock " ... this is a skip it ride . It was a dark ride through that well needs some work . We found a great ball play area that reminded us of the house in LTS . Now we were getting hot and needed some water . Off to Soak'd .. This is the same type of ride as rollersoaker in HP . THe cool thing with this was the lift is straight up like an elevator . We also learned that if you want to splash the riders then you may also get soaked as there are buttons to spash the splasers below .
Last two coasters were OK . the Iorn horse was in the counrty area and was ok the other coaster was hang ten and it was a kiddie coaster ...

We did like the Freestlye Music park and the price was right . It was not an all day park as we were done with every ride there by 3PM. We did re-ride lots of other things more then once . We ate at a buger place that was reasonable 6 bucks got us a burger , drink and fries another special . We did however see the Kiss The Sky Fireworks which I do have to say were very good. It was worth either going back for or staying for . My son is just 49 inches and rode everything except time machine and the lines were not long at all which made him very happy.

The rumor has it that the park is going to expand with some kind of water ride or water area . This I head from the manager of the hotel as he was checking us out of the hotel and asked us if we went to the park and enjoyed it . I think if they do add water attractions and keep the prices down the park should do well. The park does get more crowded after 4pm but the special we paid to get in ends before 4 too .

Any one have questions on other rides in the park or anything there ask me If I can answer it I will . I am going to try to get some photos up in the gallery if I can later .

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
Re: Bush Gardens / Water Country USA and Freestlye Music Park Trips ....
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 03:28:18 PM »
Yes, DarKastle is fun! It was made much more fun because of the group of screaming tourists who joined me. I also took the single rider line which cut the wait a bit. Flat rides make a visit to any park much more fun!
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER