Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Next Year  (Read 14759 times)

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
Re: Next Year
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2009, 06:54:40 AM »
I would love to see a dive coaster in Scream Machine's place or Rolling Thunder's place!!!

Hell no!  Rolling Thunder is the best coaster in the park!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2009, 10:29:35 AM »
And we need it back, and put in a prominent location.  It's a spectator ride.  Putting it behind Autobanh was the worst mistake with that ride.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »
I would love to see a dive coaster in Scream Machine's place or Rolling Thunder's place!!!

Hell no!  Rolling Thunder is the best coaster in the park!
Do you guys realize how expensive it is just to demolish a coaster?  ??? Really! I think GA is in a sort of black hole, and they cant do anything about it. Not untill they make more money. But I agree, RT is good, but no longer good enough...  :(
But if they did have the money, here are the ones that need to go:
RT
GASM
BBLTT
-themeparkrider-

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
Hey, I got an idea how about the flat rides situation just change the height requirement to 52 and boom you dont need flat rides
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:16:10 PM by me23 »

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2009, 02:31:59 PM »
Change which height requirement?

One of many reasons for adding flat rides is to give guests more options, or bang for their buck. If you pay $60 to get into a park that has 12 coasters, 3 flat rides and a few shows, that's in the range of $3-5 per attraction. Let's say you go to a park with 17 coasters, over 15 flat rides, somewhere around 5-8 shows and still only pay $60 for admission, then you can see why adding extra rides would be beneficial to the guest experience. Not to mention there are some really awesome flat rides out there that I'd love to see at more parks, especially Great Adventure.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »
Change all the rides with hight requirement 54 to 52 to make it more kid friendly trust me no one is falling out.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 03:30:31 PM »
How do you know that changing the height requirement from 54 to 52 inches is safe?  Did you build the ride?  These are not arbitrary numbers.  The height requirements that are in place are done so by the manufacturer to ensure that the size of person they designed the ride for is who is riding.  Sure there is a built in cushion, but I don't think any of us are privy to what exactly that cushion is, and what would end up putting the guest in jeopardy.

Also, that still doesn't fix the issue of the park not having a balanced collection of rides.  My favorite thing about Six Flags New Orleans was that they had an absolutely AMAZING collection of flats that made me forget the park was small, or had a limited coaster collection.  If there was anything that was truly a shame about that park falling, losing that ride collection was it.

Themeparkrider, why would RT have to go?  It's been steadily improving year-after-year as they give it more TLC.  Also, I don't see why Blackbeard's would have to go either.  It's pretty popular with families with small children.  We need MORE rides for this age group, not less!  I do agree with Scream Machine though as it doesn't draw it's own crowds more than feeding off of Superman's spillover.  The headbanging because of the poor transitions that were standard at that time is no longer charming IMO.  It's still a good ride, but it takes too much effort to ride properly in order to not experience pain.  It's a classic, and I would be sad to see it go, but I think that it would be fitting if next season turned out to be it's last and the "50th Anniversary" plans that the chain spoke of right before the Ch. 11 filing turned out to include a big ride to replace it.  I'd personally love to see a 4D themed out like Bizarro.

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »
 Honsetly, I think that Rolling Thunder is a bit outdated, my opinion.  ^-^ When I say RT needs to go, I mean it should be replaced witha more mild, kid friendly ride. I think that Black Beard's Lost Treasur Train should go simply because its not good. But for a kid, okay your right its a good ride. But I don't see it attracting guest over the age of nine. Otherwis, its a good ride. As for RT, maybe they could just fix it up a bit... improve it to look more modern. I'm not saying I judge coasters by the way they look, I'm saying I judge them by the way you experience it, what you see is part of the experience, right?
-themeparkrider-

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 05:39:45 PM »
So you're saying those little kids that do enjoy the ride because it's targeted for them should lose out on it because you don't like it, and you are not in the target audience?  I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just trying to follow the logic here.  I understand RT even though I still disagree.  I wouldn't miss seeing it go...but it better be replaced with a quality wooden roller coaster if that's the case (my preference, Gravity Group).  But Blackbeards is a crowd pleaser for it's demographic.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 06:43:29 PM »
...just change the height requirement to 52 and boom you dont need flat rides

What??? Some of us want flat rides. Coasters get boring after a while, especially when there is nothing else to do at the park. I can ride nothing but flat rides at Knoebels all day and be quite happy with my visit. The coasters are just more rides to do, not the only rides to do (unless you're at Great Adventure).

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »
Flyers at Knoebels are worth the all day wristband alone. :)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 10:34:21 PM »
After a trip to BGW and Freestlye parks this summer I have noticed how much we really , really need some flats at SFGADV . We rode the swings , the scrambler and all the flats at both parks . These flats also are targeted to the age group of kids like my son. He is 49 inches . Just big enough for El Toro but not tall enough for the bigger coasters . There are HUGE gaps in the ride choices at GADV. There are kiddie areas yes but they are not for kids his height or age group . Wiggles world is great for small kids as is LTSP . BBNP is Ok but he is boasrd there as well as BJL . There are just not enough rides for the inbetween group . We enjoyed the bumper cars , swings and  scrambler  these are the kind of rides we need back in our park. Coasters are great but there is so much more out there .

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 10:47:54 PM »
I feel the dark knight is to blame

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:47 PM »
Just stear clear of the Jump 2 by Huss. CW is only 6-7 years old and rumor has it 8th year is 50/50.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 12:17:45 AM »
I feel the dark knight is to blame

Care to expand on that?  Not sure what that means.

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 07:58:25 AM »
I like Dark Knight. I'll take it over Skull Mountain or Blackbeards any time. I think there's a huge falic symbol somewhere in the park that would get any blame if there's some to dish and its two Superman counterparts can share some too.
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline coastermom

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 11:02:18 AM »
We also like the Dark Knight . Every year SF has taken the rides there were the war on lines out and have not replaced them with rides that would fit the same area or serve the same height requirements . With old country closed two rides there are not being used at all Bumper cars and music express . I understandd rides get old and need to be replaced but replace  them DO NOT put up chrge jumping thngs in as well as little pop up shows or smoking areas . Trust me when I say we really miss the rides like swings , music express , the old bulls by where part of  El Toro is , the pirate ships where the show is now ETC all these rides were line killers for the coasters and gave more choices for families .
It sounds like a broken record but SFGADV has become all about just going on coasters which is great for some but not for all that visit .   

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 11:28:22 AM »
I have to agreee that not having a nice flat collection is hurting the park. Yeah, I've been a bad park fan because I haven't purchased a season pass in three years. Problem is that my younger son is NOT a coaster person and neither is my husband anymore. I am in the position where I can't take one kid and not the other. Dane get's bored and discouraged that there isnt much for him to do now. If the park brought back a nice collection of flats, I'd buy a season pass again. Rite now it's just not feasible. We had an excellent time in Wildwood and that was ALL of us. Not just me and my one coaster loving child LOL.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2009, 01:09:31 PM »
Diana I hear you . My son LOVES the coasters but it was nice to go to BGW and FMP and ride good old fashioned flat rides . We did it as a family too .

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2009, 01:12:04 PM »
Every person here goes to six flags for one reason KICK ASS ROLLER COASTERS Period.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2009, 05:15:52 PM »
Not really...... some people go so they can enjoy times with friends. Or people force their terrified friends on Nitro Or Toro.
Every person here goes to six flags for one reason KICK ASS ROLLER COASTERS Period.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:42:46 PM by nitrorox1414 »

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2009, 05:33:26 PM »
Not really...... some people go so they can enjoy times with friends.
Ya and how do we do that by riding coasters
were not paying 60$ at the gate to ride flats.

Offline coastermom

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »
Alot of people like coasters but like me and Diana as well as others here we have kids and families like different things. My son loves coasters but he also loved the bumper cars and other flats at BGW and Freestlye music park . These flats also keep the coaster lines down believe it or not there were times the line for the swings was longer then the line for BigBadWolf at BGW .

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »

Every person here? WRONG. Of course since Great Adventure doesn't really have any flats, I guess when I go there it's to ride coasters, but I'd rather go there to also ride tilt-a-whirls and flyers and antique cars and drop towers and bumper cars and swings and zippers and frisbees and Turbo Bounces and Explorers and Spiders and Octopuses and Rotors and Crazy Daisies and dark rides and rainbows and wipeouts and Hexentanzes and Sizzlers and Tempests and Zippers and Skydivers and Rock-O-Planes and Calypsos and Troikas and Double Ferris Wheels and Slides and Twisters and Monsters and Derby Racers and Frisbees and Tumble Bugs and Bayurn Curves and Swingarounds and Auto Races and hundreds of other rides.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »
........ You said frisbee twice :D

Every person here? WRONG. Of course since Great Adventure doesn't really have any flats, I guess when I go there it's to ride coasters, but I'd rather go there to also ride tilt-a-whirls and flyers and antique cars and drop towers and bumper cars and swings and zippers and frisbees and Turbo Bounces and Explorers and Spiders and Octopuses and Rotors and Crazy Daisies and dark rides and rainbows and wipeouts and Hexentanzes and Sizzlers and Tempests and Zippers and Skydivers and Rock-O-Planes and Calypsos and Troikas and Double Ferris Wheels and Slides and Twisters and Monsters and Derby Racers and Frisbees and Tumble Bugs and Bayurn Curves and Swingarounds and Auto Races and hundreds of other rides.