Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Next Year  (Read 14758 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Re: Next Year
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
me23, if you read the thread you would have seen that you were wrong before you even posted.  El Toro might be my favorite ride in the park, but I still thoroughly miss The Pendulum, and I still complain about it's removal and it's poor placement from jump...which probably lead to it's removal because of poor ridership.  I still miss Rodeo Stampede as I learned I had another ride I liked a bit too late since it was removed soon after I started riding it.  There are guests who still look for Taz Twister, which sat right where El Toro's turnaround is.  Lots of guests still look and ask for Autobahn, Flying Wave, and Stuntman's Freefall.  When I tell the guests that these rides don't exist anymore, they are genuinely upset.  Sure, they are not the highlight of the day, but they are still very important.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 12:21:17 AM »
I cannot believe there was a pendulum ride and it was given away.. Mind Boggling!
Was it a kife small one, or a decent size one?

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 12:42:45 AM »
Okay,rjholla2003,
     I understand your point when you say it like that. I mean, Idon't belive its worth it for other people. I didn't personally ask them, just simply guessed. I suppose I was wrong. Now to back up on my statment on RT, here is a list of improvements I think they should make:
1 Smoother ride experience
2 Better lap restraints
3 New paint job
4 Updated cleaner oading dock
5 More of a bank on those painful turns
6 Ambience (fog sounds etc.)
7 Music
8 Faster ride  :golfclap:
-themeparkrider-

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 02:51:57 AM »
^ I think the best part of RT is the buzz bar restraints. Not many coasters have them anymore. Not being stapled into a seat is a big plus for most people.

I'm not even going to get into the "people on go to Six Flags for the coasters" topic but I will say one thing. Six Flags over Texas is my favorite SF park. Only 1 coaster is in my top ten steel, and maybe top 20 overall, but the selection of other things to do besides coasters simply blew me away.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 05:44:57 AM »
Shockwave and Freeze!

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 12:41:57 PM »
Coastermom... I am glad someone can relate. For years I sang the praises of Gadv and now it seriously pains me to say that it hasn't grown with both of my kid's needs. Austin could ride Nitro all Day but, Dane is only good for three of the coasters even though he is tall enough for all of them. They took out entirely to many of their favorite flat/water rides!

This year we decided on Wildwood and a visit to Knoebel's for Phoenix Phall Phunphest. Both of my kids had a blast riding all the flats on each of the Piers at Wildwood. They proclaimed hands down one of the best family days they ever had. Austin and I have had awesome times at Gadv that I will never forget but, now I need to please the entire family! Sorry Gadv if your reading.. The kids (Especially the big one Aka my husband!) have been to and love Knoebel's. If Knoebel's was closer we would probably be there every weekend or at least every other weekend.

Matt keeps mentioning the (Knoebel's) classic flats and, those Flyers are a huge favorite in this household. I wish Gadv could sort of mock Holiday World and have a section devoted entirely to classic Flat rides. That's my wish now, what could they call it.... :)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »
Diana I do relate very well . We really wanted to go to Hard Rock Park when it was open but everything was 48 inches . My son last year was too short . We did go this year to Freestyle park not the same but it was great that he could do almost every ride except one. We love Hershey for the same reason there are great flats there . It is amazing how GADV has lost so many great flat rides . Yet even more amazing is that TWO are sitting unopened while they have Cabanas there that NO ONE USES !! UGH . WE could go on and on about this but really will we ever get these flats back ?? Probally not .

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »
Are any of us going to stop going because their are few flats? listen flats are nice but we don't need them
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 01:14:55 PM by me23 »

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 01:23:53 PM »
Go to more amusement parks and you will realize why we need more.

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 01:37:53 PM »
We went to Hershey the year they built Stormrunner so, it's been ages but, I do remember Austin talking about The Claw for weeks! I plan on going back there to but, Rick likes the more layed back atmosphere of Knoebel's and feels that Hershey is a little to popular for him.

I think when I came back from Hershey I did mention to Kristen that my favorite thing about it was that in every section where there's a major ride, there's a flurry of flats or kiddie rides to keep the in-between's happy while they wait for the more adventurous family members.

I know that the people from the park who read this site are not the final say or decision makers but, I know that they understand where we are coming from and hope some day we can pursuade the rite people to see the importance of the people stuck in the middle. Instead of taking away from them I think they need to focus on them now. Kiddie rides and huge coasters are plentiful, Thanks :). We could start a petition Coastermom LOL.

Diana I do relate very well . We really wanted to go to Hard Rock Park when it was open but everything was 48 inches . My son last year was too short . We did go this year to Freestyle park not the same but it was great that he could do almost every ride except one. We love Hershey for the same reason there are great flats there . It is amazing how GADV has lost so many great flat rides . Yet even more amazing is that TWO are sitting unopened while they have Cabanas there that NO ONE USES !! UGH . WE could go on and on about this but really will we ever get these flats back ?? Probally not .

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 01:51:58 PM »
Are any of us going to stop going because their are few flats? listen flats are nice but we don't need them

It's all a matter of opinion. When I first got into the whole "coaster scene" all I cared about was riding coasters, getting my track record to the highest it could be and made sure I rode all the biggest baddest coasters. Now, after riding too many different coasters, its all about fun. I was in NJ for 2 weeks with basically NOTHING to do, with a Six Flags pass. Where did I go? Knoebels, Wildwood, out to eat, but not Great Adventure (which was only 30 minutes away as opposed to 4 hours to Knoebels and 1 hour to Wildwood). Even though it was free, I'd rather spend my time and efforts on quality park time while I'm on "vacation", and that's what I got. Now if I still lived there, I'd most likely end up going there to ride Nitro once or twice every now and then, but you wont see me going too far out of my way to get to this park. As I said before, it's a matter of personal preference and opinion. For you to say "we don't need flats" is a pretty high call. Who are you to determine what the park needs and doesn't need. You should have said "I don't think we need any more flats" or "wI feel we are a coaster park, and flats aren't needed". Just saying...

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:35 PM »
We need more flats! ???
-themeparkrider-

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:07 PM »
me23, once again, if you READ the thread before posting, you would see that we do have people on these very boards who are ENTHUSIAST of the park that cut back on their visits, or virtually eliminated their visits because of this very issue.  If we have people who love the park enough to post on these boards that are complaining about that, and it has affected their visitation, you can bet money that there are MANY casual guests out there who feel the same, and behave the same.

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »
They should open up a section called "80's fair grounds" and have a gravitron, a zipper, a tilt a whirl, a scrambler, and a bouncy castle... and have ugly carneys working the rides. They should let the carneys smoke, and take tickets(that don't have value or meaning) just to make the carneys feel at home. I love the carney in the gravitron that sits in the middle and plays music so friggin load. HAHA

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2009, 01:00:33 AM »
Its this simple if you want flats go to a fair, you want coasters go to great adventure its that simple.

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2009, 02:07:50 AM »
RJ, nothing is getting through this guys 7 inch thick head. It's OK though, as I said, everyone has their own preference and opinion, it's just the opinions that have no facts to back them up that bother me.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2009, 07:08:01 AM »
Same here.  It's one thing to use your head and debate a different point of view, but to blatantly ignore what people are saying is ignorant.  Especially when you're talking about the actions a business that is supposed to cater to WHOLE FAMILIES!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2009, 07:16:52 AM »
I think someone just likes to argue.
This brings back memories of this thread.
SFGAdv needs flats...especially some swings by the big wheel!

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2009, 12:31:18 PM »
Swings, Antique Cars, Frisbee, Observation Tower, Drop Ride... Jolly Roger and a Top Spin that doesn't flip don't really cut it.

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »
EXACTLY! THATS WHAT WE NEED!  :headbash:
-themeparkrider-

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2009, 12:44:13 PM »
The Fantasy Forest used to be referred to as the Fair Grounds. There weren't any carneys though, but each flat was staffed with two ride employees! You're on to something with the zipper and a tilt-a-whirl; They'd be better rides than a klosed koaster.

They should open up a section called "80's fair grounds" and have a gravitron, a zipper, a tilt a whirl, a scrambler, and a bouncy castle... and have ugly carneys working the rides. They should let the carneys smoke, and take tickets(that don't have value or meaning) just to make the carneys feel at home. I love the carney in the gravitron that sits in the middle and plays music so friggin load. HAHA
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline armystrong62b

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »
i think they should head towards a hersehy kinda style. there hardly isnt a spot in the park between ides that doesnt have a flat or some kind of ride. yea coasters are cool, but even me, and imonly 19, wants to ride more then coasters and have some flats to relax on
if it doesn't make my cheeks flap when I ride it, then I don't care!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #72 on: July 31, 2009, 05:09:25 PM »
klosed koaster...So subtle Dan!  LOL

Offline me23

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »
Go to more amusement parks and you will realize why we need more.
Dude I went to Hershey 7 times this year every thing in Orlando and Six Flags Gadv is the best. See you guys are missing the point, Six Flags is a park that you go to ride killer roller coasters. Did you guys ever hear the saying "you cant please everyone"? So they please the most of them by giving them KICK ASS roller coasters.       
Check please I'm done.

Learn how to spell. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 12:17:55 AM by Frissbeking »

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2009, 12:22:55 AM »
Thank you, Mr. Shapiro.

Attendance in 1996 = 3.6 million
Attendance in 2006 = 2.6 million

There were 6 coasters in 1996, 7 water rides and 18 flat and other rides
There were 12 coasters, 3 water rides and 14 flat and other rides in 2006; 8 of those other rides are no longer available or in use

It hardly seems worth it to invest in coasters
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER