Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Summer Festival in Duren, Germany  (Read 1059 times)

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Summer Festival in Duren, Germany
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:43:18 AM »
Yesterday was the day I finally got on the one coaster I heard so much about, Olympia Looping. I googled it a couple of weeks ago finding out where it is going throughout Germany and I found a city that was only an hour and a half away that it was coming to this weekend. So I made some plans with a few friends and we were off.

I arrived in Duren yesterday and got to the fair around 1pm. But, it didn't open till almost 3pm so we hit up BK and just lounged around waiting for it to open up. When it finally did it got packed instantly, but it's OK. The way the carnies over here run these rides and how fast they load them moves the line very quickly which is awesome. I'll show the rides in the way I rode them...

Top Spin No. 1

This ride was insane, but not as good as Coney Islands by far. They were operating it manually just like at Coney Island, but it didn't do as many flips as Astrolands did.

Booster Maxx

I'm not sure who made this ride, but it is very similar to a Skyscraper. The good thing about this ride is the speed, I don't think a Skyscraper goes as fast as this thing. The ride was still awesome knowing that this was built in a day, but I would ride a Skyscraper over this any day.

Cheesy Dark Ride

We went on this Haunted House ride, hilarious! It was definitely one of the cheesiest rides I have been on which made me laugh over and over again.

Wilde Maus

Your typical Mouse, except braked rarely.

Olympia Looping

Now, I've been hearing so much stuff about this ride and I was so pumped to ride this thing. I think I might have been doing the Chuck dance in line, hahah Matt! They were only running one train and the line was pretty long so we opted for the front row, it's incredible how fast they get this up with how massive the structure is. When we finally boarded, I didn't like the OTSR they had on this thing. It kept coming down harder throughout the ride, especially the loops. The ride itself was awesome, those loops produce some serious G's. But, I still think Shockwave takes it as my favorite Schwarzkopf ride.

Commander

OMFG, Insane! Hands down the best flat ride I've been on. I don't think I have been upside down that much before and spinning while I'm at it that fast! If you ever see one of these, get on them. Awesome, definitely the highlight and suprise of the trip.

High Roller(I think)

This ride ended my day there honestly, I never have felt like I was going to throw up from a ride until I rode this thing. It was fun, but definitely not a good idea right after Commander.

Other rides that I didn't ride because I ran out of money...

There was go-karts, another dark ride, the Ferris wheel, and a couple of kiddie rides.

Any questions?