Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Help me out...please?  (Read 2145 times)

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Help me out...please?
« on: July 29, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »
Hi guys Im going to dorney park for the first time soon and i want to know how i should plan my vist. What ride i must go on, in what order ya know the basics, thanks.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
Re: Help me out...please?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 12:13:08 AM »
Dorney is not all that great. If you go during the week you could easily get on everything with a 19.99 starlight ticket. Steel Force is not great and hugely over-rated. But still a must do. Talon is the best coaster. Hydra is also quite fun. Worse than Bizzaro, but good. Possessed is quite fun. Especially if you've never been on and impulse. I recomend the back seat. Thunderhawk is also a must do but really not great. The one ride I would say is a don't miss that you may overlook is the rapids ride. (thunder canyon) Really enjoyable. Unless you don't like getting wet. Now if you do go for the day and like water parks, they do have a pretty good one, and it is quite big. Other than that I would just say you're better off getting food outside the park than inside. Have Fun!

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:55:43 PM »
Wow I haven't been paying attention to Dorney - they named the impulse Possessed? Cute haha.

If you can do it I would go to Dorney's waterpark too, it's one price if I remember correctly. Probably better than the rest of the park but I digress. What DKNY said regarding the coasters is pretty much how I feel.

Although, I want to say they got rid of Thunder Canyon? Or am I just crazy?

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:57:55 PM »
I'm a big fan of Dorney. They have lots to do. Depending on the day you go, you don't really need a plan as the lines don't get too long. Most people go into the Water Park, which I'd recommend hitting as well. All the coasters are pretty fun, Talon being my personal favorite in the park. Steel Force is fun, and gets better as the day progresses. Hydra, is OK and different, Wild Mouse is like a normal Wild Mouse, and Thunderhawk is good in the first 3 seats. Oh, and don't forget about the Impulse coaster and Laze... Oh wait, no more Lazer.

The Flume and Rapids rides are both awesome, 2 of the best of their type of ride. Say Hi to Dan as well at the rapids if you get on it. :)

Dominator, The Swings, Monster, 2 trains, Road Race, The Whip, Bumper "Cars" and the Carousel are all great rides as well. You can easily find enough to do to fill an entire day if you do the park right and are in the mood to ride more than just coasters. Most of all, have fun and have a positive attitude!

PS - The Sports Grille has some killer cheese steaks. 

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
Although, I want to say they got rid of Thunder Canyon? Or am I just crazy?

You're crazy :) That's where Dan works!

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:23:39 PM »
I'm a big fan of Dorney. They have lots to do. Depending on the day you go, you don't really need a plan as the lines don't get too long. Most people go into the Water Park, which I'd recommend hitting as well. All the coasters are pretty fun, Talon being my personal favorite in the park. Steel Force is fun, and gets better as the day progresses. Hydra, is OK and different, Wild Mouse is like a normal Wild Mouse, and Thunderhawk is good in the first 3 seats. Oh, and don't forget about the Impulse coaster and Laze... Oh wait, no more Lazer.

The Flume and Rapids rides are both awesome, 2 of the best of their type of ride. Say Hi to Dan as well at the rapids if you get on it. :)

Dominator, The Swings, Monster, 2 trains, Road Race, The Whip, Bumper "Cars" and the Carousel are all great rides as well. You can easily find enough to do to fill an entire day if you do the park right and are in the mood to ride more than just coasters. Most of all, have fun and have a positive attitude!

PS - The Sports Grille has some killer cheese steaks. 

Ill defintely try the cheesesteaks ;D Thanks! The main rides I want to hit are Hydra, Possesed, Steel Force, Talon, and Dominator.

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »
^ one hour  tops  you should be done.  Go after five if you don't care about the water park. $19.99

Offline dkny6363

• Batman The Ride
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »
Finally BubbaZ and I agree on something.. I would have said 2 hours.. haah

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 12:43:01 PM »
I have never been to Dorney, is it worht it?
-themeparkrider-

Offline darkridedan

• Affiliate
  • Great American Scream Machine
    • My Smugmug Gallery
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 12:59:02 PM »
I think Dorney is worth it. Keep in mind it is a local amusement park and not a destination. You can stretch a whole day if you like water slides and flat rides. Thunderhawk may be your only line on the dry slide of the park as it uses one train. However, Possessed is usually a walk on!

I would recommend hitting the water park in the morning to beat the lines. You could start your day at White Water Landing and Thunder Canyon as the lines will pick up by noon. As it is near the water park, you will not need to wear shirt or shoes to ride. Except for Saturdays, the wait should not be any longer than 20 minutes between 12 and 4 o'clock and generally a walk-on or a 1 set wait before 12 or after 4. You could then take the walkway leading directly into the water park at the exit of Thunder Canyon.

Leave plenty of time to reride Talon, Steel Force and Possessed!
Prepare to weather the storm!
ROLLING THUNDER

Offline themeparkrider

• Balin's Jungleland
  • More Flags, More Fun!
    • ThemeParkRider
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 11:09:42 PM »
Hay thanks! Also, my website has a new Dorney Park picture section
http://themeparkrider.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=6926162
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 08:33:13 AM by themeparkrider »
-themeparkrider-