Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: APP Article  (Read 4968 times)

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
APP Article
« on: February 26, 2006, 10:52:33 AM »
There is an article in todays Asbury Park Press about the management changes at Six Flags.

Link:
http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060226/BUSINESS/602260356/1003

This caught my eye:

If someone waits longer than 30 minutes for a ride because of a malfunction, that person will receive a refund ticket to come back to the theme park another day, Shapiro said.

Hopefully Kingda Ka will have a more reliable season..or they will be giving out many refund tickets.

Offline sagrr

APP Article
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2006, 11:07:13 AM »
good find, here's something else I didn't know

"Bugs Bunny National Park, currently under construction, will have five new family-friendly rides that have not been announced yet, Sevart said."

I wonder what they are...

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
APP Article
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2006, 12:45:23 PM »
Beat me to it lol

Good find and thanks for sharing.

Check out the various construction threads in the Great Adventure Updates section for more info about BBNP and the kiddie rides going in.  There are also some pictures of the contruction progress on the gadvupdates.com home page.

On the subject of the article, I'm scared to think how they could ever control that 30 minutes in line policy.  How will they know somebody isn't lying?  And how can they do that for rides such as Kingda Ka, El Toro and Nitro which will almost always have wait times of 1 hour or more.  Even rides at Disney World average more than 30 minutes and WOW would I love to get my money back from there!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
APP Article
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »
Wade, that is if the ride is down mechanical and someone has to wait more than 30 minutes...not JUST that they waited more than 30 minutes.

Still, even that is going to be hard to do. . .

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
APP Article
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:05 PM »
I don't know how this will work either, especially for larger rides where the lines get to be too long.  Of course, it could be that if someone is stuck on the ride for more than 30 minutes they get a return ticket. I especially can't see it for people on line since when it's expected to be long they will tell everyone to leave the line, but that is what the article sounds like...
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
APP Article
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2006, 09:24:04 PM »
What about "The company owns 2,200 acres in and around Great Adventure in Jackson. Would it sell some of the developable land it is not using?
Shapiro said that decision would not be made until after the Staubach Co., a real estate firm headed by former NFL quarterback Roger Staubach, completes an evaluation of the company's assets in March."

Perhaps it is possible after all.
is back? in black?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
APP Article
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2006, 09:26:39 PM »
which, sadly, is what I have been saying all along.

I hope I am wrong.

I really, really do.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
APP Article
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2006, 10:10:43 PM »
Kristin did say at the construction tour that they don't plan to sell any land here.

Offline stew560

• Jolly Roger
  • Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise!
    • Stew560's SmugMug
APP Article
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 10:27:11 PM »
Quote from: "Nozzy"
I don't know how this will work either, especially for larger rides where the lines get to be too long.  Of course, it could be that if someone is stuck on the ride for more than 30 minutes they get a return ticket. I especially can't see it for people on line since when it's expected to be long they will tell everyone to leave the line, but that is what the article sounds like...

This is how I see it working: When the ride breaks down, they close the entrance to new riders. If people want to leave they still may. Once they it has been 30 minutes, they ask everyone to leave and issue return tickets to guests as they leave the line.

This will encourage the mantenance staff to fix problems within 30 minutes, or decide to close the ride altogether if they know it will be a larger breakdown.
2009 Trips to GAdv: None Yet!
Bull Rides: (34) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
APP Article
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2006, 09:18:05 AM »
It just like Domino's, if the ride isn't moving in 30 minutes , you get a  free pass, not pizza.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
APP Article
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2006, 09:27:22 AM »
Thats what I get for replying to something that I read while holding one squirming kid on my lap while the other was arguing about lunch while the TV was on and while the phone was ringing  :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  This actually does make sense if they simply close the queue and station somebody there to keep control.  It will still be difficult but I do see the definate positives with keeping the rides online and getting them back online promptly.

Offline gadvrider2

• Koala Canyon
    • http://Gainsider.com
APP Article
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2006, 11:17:42 AM »
So the only people who could issue the passes are the ride oops for the malfunctioned ride right? Also, what about if you want to stay after the 30 minutes has been up. One more question, what about when on the days when it rains? Will people just have to wait it out to ride KK, or what since that is not the park's fault?

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
APP Article
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2006, 01:10:25 PM »
I got a question, what would they give to Season Passers?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
APP Article
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 02:18:06 PM »
I guess the pass and you just give it to a friend.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
APP Article
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
Here's last year answer on the weather topic.

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
APP Article
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 04:48:54 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
Thats what I get for replying to something that I read while holding one squirming kid on my lap while the other was arguing about lunch while the TV was on and while the phone was ringing  :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up for me.  This actually does make sense if they simply close the queue and station somebody there to keep control.  It will still be difficult but I do see the definate positives with keeping the rides online and getting them back online promptly.

yeah this is a good sign that they WILL be focussing big time on ride care.  This is good news.  

you know that the policy iused to bego to guest relations if the ride gets stuck or whatever and they write you off passes to jump to the head of a line of a certain ride.  Maybe theyre going to do away with that and instead only if it is something major, like getting stuck on a ride that they will hand out a free day.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
APP Article
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2006, 04:55:54 PM »
Reducing the number of exit passes would be a welcome change :)

Offline Pashacar

• Koala Canyon
APP Article
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2006, 08:24:22 PM »
Quote from: "Bubba Z"
Here's last year answer on the weather topic.

Hmm . . . where was that sign? And Wade, you're so right. The number of exit passes--particularly those on the Nitro platform--was absurd last year.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
APP Article
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2006, 08:59:59 PM »
I believe it was next to Guest Relations windows, under the covering to the left immediately after entering

Ugh... I hated the Nitro exit people, especially in Frightfest when Q-bot came up too, I spent a half hour waiting just in the station while about 5 trains in a row were taken completely by exit people.  Of course, it will reduce the waiting time on all rides since no exit people means that the regular riders can board faster.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.