Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Restraints on RMT  (Read 2210 times)

Offline jackspratmaybe2fat

Restraints on RMT
« on: March 03, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »
1st Post on this site and basically just hooked up to it so if this was discussed in the past, I'm sorry bout that.  

In any case, I know there has been talk about the new restraints on RMT and  I was wondering if anyone knew of any pictures that showed them or of another coaster with similar restraints.  I've looked around but couldn't locate any pictures, so any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Restraints on RMT
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 04:59:27 PM »
Welcome to updates :)

No pictures.  The trains were in a off-limits area for cameras.  But I saw them in person.   At least one train is already there with the new restraints ;)

One of our earlier updates on the home page shows a picture of the old restraints in buckets as well.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Restraints on RMT
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 06:36:58 PM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
No pictures.  The trains were in a off-limits area for cameras.  But I saw them in person.   At least one train is already there with the new restraints ;)

Did they look more comfortable then the old lap bars?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Restraints on RMT
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 06:54:25 PM »
Compared to the old ones, YES.  Anything is better than those lol

However, I wouldn't say they look comfortable.  Just more fitting for a wider variety of people sizes.

The retrofit is nearly identical, maybe even completely identical to the Trailblazer change at Hershey.

Offline jackspratmaybe2fat

Restraints on RMT
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:13:07 AM »
Cool thanks.  Yeah I saw the picture from the earlier update.  That's why I was hoping for a closer picture.  Ah well, I guess I'll see in a matter of weeks...  Man that is so funny to say.  It just seems like yesterday that it was Oct 30th and we were at the park for 6 and a half hours and only managed to get on 2 rides, KK and Fantasy Fling.  Then, spent over an hour trying to get out of the parking lot with an insane amount of people trying to get in, with the HH lot the only one open.

Offline KingdaKaRuler05

• Monkey Around
  • Can't Stop
Restraints on RMT
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 07:59:10 PM »
I found a nice pic of the Trailblazer's restraints thanks to RCDB...

If the new RMT restraints are like these, I will be very happy. When I went on the ride last year at Hershey, it was totally different ride. It was smoother, and much more enjoyable. The restraints allowed much more freedom, and fit very nicely. I'm very glad RMT is getting this upgrade because the old restraints were very hard to ride with. I had to cross my legs to get into the train! That then led to a bumpy and non-enjoyable ride. However, with these new restraints, it will be an entirely different ride. Plus, it will add a more enjoyable experience for parents to ride with their kids, which is aiming right toward that family demographic. Now, I can't wait to get on this ride again! :D

-KKR05
Under the bridge downtown...

1 VS. 100...Fridays at 8 on NBC!