Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Opening Weekend.  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Opening Weekend.
« on: March 06, 2006, 08:55:48 AM »
So reports out of SFOG and SFMM have been pretty much the same. New paint, plenty of Characters, friendly employees, smoke free, etc.

All of these reports are the same thing we experienced in the last two years. We have tons of Characters in the morning. Then again with the parade. Plus when you factor in the other Characters The tourist, pirates and old timers we had plenty.  Paint, well that's pretty obvious where all that went.

Friendly employees you ask?  Well two years ago they had staff measuring Kids before they got in line at major coaster's. Everybody said hello to you and Have a great day. What about the announcement over the load speakers "We here at Six flags hope you and your family are having a Great Adventure here with us" or something like that. Remember it was so loud when you walked into Fronteir land. Are employees always seemed nice and friendly. Well until August when kids take off for college.

Landscape never seems to stop looking better and better every year.
Security was beefed up and present last year as well.

My point is, These new  changes at other Six flags don't impress me because SFGADV has been doing that for the last two or three years.

Other than Child swap and B:TC fixed,  what other WOW factors are you looking for Opening Weekend and the rest of the season?

I guess mine would be efficiency and speed. What's the point of adding trains if you're just going to stack them anyway.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 03:33:50 PM »
I would have to say faster dispatch times nad using full capacity on rides. I also can't wait to shake Batman and The Flash's hand!  :lol:

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 03:47:49 PM »
Quote from: "ChuckR"
I also can't wait to shake Batman and The Flash's hand!  :lol:

I was more looking forward to Wonder Woman  8)

I don't think it will happen this season but I was REALLY hoping that ALL rides and attractions (aside from water rides) would be up and running.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2006, 04:02:29 PM »
I forgot about Wonder Woman, forget Flash!

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:55:44 PM »
I'd just like to see better turnover with the rides, an even better atmosphere, even more charachters, and increased reliability of select rides.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 09:26:01 PM »
You mean there is more then Child swap ? LOL Ok

I would really like the lines to move. I want to see the park run as many trains as they can and keep the lines moving . Can we see that employees are happy for more then just the first few weekends  maybe they can be happy all the way till oct . ? Keep moral up and try to keep the customers happy as much as you can . We can all read about the steps being taken but can they keep up the steps to make it a slow walk or even a run?

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 08:30:01 AM »
I'm hoping some of the new plans they are putting in place with employee incentives, etc. will help keep them around and keep the morale up ;)

I agree, it was always great the first few weekends and would then fizzle out.

I think I'm being overly optismistic because we were already told B:TC wouldn't be ready but I would go nuts if it were ready on opening weekend.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 12:26:08 AM »
I hope to see all the rides capable of running, running! Along with that all of them running to full capacity and the operating crew for the most part to be onto of what their doing.

^ What they could do to keep the morale up is like every hour have them all rotate a postion, like the lead op goes to train check...etc. Wade your not the only one who would go nuts if B:TC opened, I missed that ride, it's been too long.
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 09:43:07 AM »
Quote from: "Yanks2Jets14"
IWade your not the only one who would go nuts if B:TC opened, I missed that ride, it's been too long.

Just one more week before we find out  :D  :D  :D  :wink:

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
Opening Weekend.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 09:50:25 AM »
Quote from: "WadeJ"
Quote from: "Yanks2Jets14"
IWade your not the only one who would go nuts if B:TC opened, I missed that ride, it's been too long.

Just one more week before we find out  :D  :D  :D  :wink:

If it's open I am sure Steve's spirit will have had something to do with it  :)  Don't forget to ride one Chiller B launch in his memory this season. 8)