Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Getting a job at Six Flags?  (Read 3094 times)

Offline cboe

Getting a job at Six Flags?
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:22:05 AM »
I was thinking about getting a job at Six Flags, but as I was doing an application on their site, I found out that they do not tolerate at all facial piercings (for guys).

I'm a dude with an ear lobe piercing (if I were a chick it would be ok) and they do not tolerate this?

Would this kill my chances of getting employed even if it is just a mere, darn black stud?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
Re: Getting a job at Six Flags?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 07:50:32 AM »
Remove the "ear lobe piercing" while at work?
I've seen workers with tattoos that have them covered up with either makeup or bandages.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 09:53:33 AM »
They actually don't tolerate  facial piercings for women either. It has to be taken out, and they don't allow clear studs.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:26:55 PM »
The business world in general doesn't approve of piercings and tattoos, except for simple female ear piercings. Corporate amusement parks tend to be very conservative with their dress code.

I was thinking about getting a job at Six Flags, but as I was doing an application on their site, I found out that they do not tolerate at all facial piercings (for guys).

I'm a dude with an ear lobe piercing (if I were a chick it would be ok) and they do not tolerate this?

Would this kill my chances of getting employed even if it is just a mere, darn black stud?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 07:54:59 PM »

If it's an ear piercing, then it's no big deal. Having a piercing won't disqualify you from anything. If you get a job at the park, you just have to remove it while working and that's it, just like a facial piercing. The only difference between the ear and facial piercings are that ear piercings may have clear plugs placed in them while working to keep them open where facial piercings (including tongue) may not.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 08:20:51 PM »
Remove the "ear lobe piercing" while at work?
I've seen workers with tattoos that have them covered up with either makeup or bandages.
Are you talking about me Ken?

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 07:18:20 AM »
Are you talking about me Ken?

LOL I forgot about Tweety.
I was actually talking about some of the entry gate people that had large bandages on their neck to cover the tatoos.  It looked pretty bad.