Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2010 Season Notes  (Read 1372 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
2010 Season Notes
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:12:14 AM »
So I'm adding the hours and events from the official site into our calendar today, and I'm just going to list some random things I notice while I do it. Let's see what I can find!

- Looks like we have two weeks of spring break this year? Once the park opens on the 27th it is open straight till Sunday the 11th. Hours are 10:30 - 8 each day.
- I'm assuming Season Passholder Day is Easter Sunday, 4/4, like normal. The hours show the park closed for a private event. It's not listed specifically on the event calendar, but it is mentioned under "Spring Break".
- Hours are all over the place again for weekdays in May and June. The park closes anywhere from 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10:30 depending on the day. So make sure you look before you go!
- The park heads back to 8PM closing starting the last week of August (8/29)
- The park is open but closed for a private event on Monday 9/6?
- The park is closed Friday 10/1 and only open till 9 on Saturday 10/2. Does that mean Fright Fest doesn't start until Friday 10/8?
- The park is open on Sundays during Fright Fest until 10PM (11PM the first weekend). This is up an hour from them closing at 9PM normally I think right? Nice!
- The park is actually open until Sunday 11/7? Wow. Hours for that weekend are 10:30-8, no Friday so I guess Fright Fest is over by that point? That's different. But nice. Wonder why.
- Park hours for Hurricane Harbor are not up yet, although it looks like the park opens Saturday 5/29 according to the Events list.
- Thursdays and Fridays in April the park is hosting The Biology Experience, allowing classes to come and learn about animals in the Safari, Dolphin and Tiger areas. Pretty neat!
- There are Boy Scout and Girl Scout Days in April. The boys get to go to the theme park and the girls get to work on a Wildlife badge in the Safari. No comment there!
- They are doing some updated/new events for kids this year in general, pretty neat.
- Coaster Celebration is 5/22, and it says "Introduces a new theme for 2010 - NITRO!". I'll make a post about this next.
- There is a Scouting Weekend 6/12-6/13 for scouts of all levels at the Exploration Station. Nice!
- A Walk in the Park is 6/13. I know some people have asked about us having a team again this year. I'm pretty sure we will but we will let everyone know soon!
- There is a Fall Physics Day on Columbus Day.. but aren't most schools closed then?
- There is a Mole Day on 10/23. I love you Six Flags!
- Hurricane Harbor is doing Pirate Day again this year, but two instead of one! 9/4 and 9/5. Did anyone go to last years? What happened there?

A Note on the Animal Adventure Summer Camp
Some people on this site sent their kids to the summer camp last year, and might be curious if there are plans for it to be around this year. The last we heard is that the camp will be happening this year, although there is no official confirmation on that as of yet.

So I suggest if you want it, contact the park and let them know!

Questions? Comments? Anyone notice anything else we missed?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 01:46:50 PM by jglonek »

Offline kingdakafan

• Movietown Water Effect
Re: 2010 Season Notes
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »
what are the hours in july?

Intamin rhymes with win for a reason!

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com