Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Animal Adventure Summer Camp is Back for 2010!  (Read 2034 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Animal Adventure Summer Camp is Back for 2010!
« on: April 16, 2010, 01:08:42 PM »
It looks like the park has officially decided to bring back the Animal Adventure Summer Camp for 2010! You can see the complete information right here, including sign-up forms.

We here at Great Adventure Outpost want to help get the word out about the camp, because it seems like the kids who went last year had a great time. But the sessions were never full and the park's advertising was.. non-existant a bit lacking to be honest. Hopefully they change that this year!

Anyway, the Animal Adventure Summer Camp is running nine 5-day (Mon-Fri) sessions, starting June 28th. It is for kids ages 6-12, and is $299 a child per week. They allow a max of 20 kids per week.

Last year the kids got to do fun projects, go through the safari (and sometimes feed animals there), be close to (and feed) the dolphins and tigers.. got some up close and personal encounters at the Exploration Station - oh, and there was a bit of education as well. And I believe the park plans on doing even more this year!

There are two images on the official site from the camp last year:

Note that the second image is Wade's son Luke feeding a tiger. Wade, your family is famous now! Especially since you're quoted on the site ;)

"Without a doubt, Luke had a great time.  In fact, his week at the camp was simply amazing.  By the end, I was becoming jealous of all the cool things he got to see and do back stage with the animals that I almost wished I could join him!  Fortunately, we as a family were able join the entire crew on his final day to see all of the great things they worked on and were even presented with great materials to bring home as well." - Wade Jackson, Parent

So if you have any questions about the camp - just ask Wade! :)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:28:57 PM by jglonek »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Animal Adventure Summer Camp is Back for 2010!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 04:29:47 PM »
Nice LOL

Yes, this camp was awesome and IMO, a great deal.  Hopefully it's even more successful this year!

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 05:23:59 PM »
I wish I lived closer to the park so I could send my son to this camp ! It looks like great fun I would LOVE IT maybe they should have an adult version !! LOL

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 06:08:12 PM »
Fortunately, when I'm not traveling, I work from my home office.  So I just made sure I didn't need to fly that week and made my office be the back side of Best of the West LOL

For that entire week I drove 1 hour each direction every single day.

Our hope is they have it again next year because then we could send both our boys.  Kyle doesn't turn 6 until October.

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:01:05 PM »
My little cousin said he and his mom are looking in to it.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 10:43:46 AM »
Fortunately, when I'm not traveling, I work from my home office.  So I just made sure I didn't need to fly that week and made my office be the back side of Best of the West LOL

For that entire week I drove 1 hour each direction every single day.

Our hope is they have it again next year because then we could send both our boys.  Kyle doesn't turn 6 until October.

Gee, I wonder why you chose Best of the West. ;-P
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel