Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Great Adventure offers biology program for high schoolers  (Read 1595 times)

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
Great Adventure offers biology program for high schoolers
« on: April 30, 2010, 04:48:40 PM »
The Asbury Park Press has a great story about the program right here.

Has anyone been to one of these days yet? If not, would you show this article to your teachers and try to get your school to attend one of these? It's an amazing program that not only helps the park get closer with the community, but truly helps students learn more about the subject of their choice since experiential learning captures everything in a new light. I'm hoping this program takes off and becomes a park staple for years to come.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Great Adventure offers biology program for high schoolers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:15:07 PM »
I wish I could but my High school's too cheap!!!  :(
And Christie isn't helping things either!!!  >:(

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:38:07 AM »
This is a great program that SHOULD be here for years to come. Reggie, how long has this been published for?  The only concern I'd have is that schools usually plan their spring trips months in advance so it may already be too late this year?  Anyway, I'd think the cost is rather low as well.

Ps- buy the book The Soprano State to learn the god awful truth about our state :(. It's a NY times best seller lol

EDIT: I deleted my original comments since I realized afterwards they were too political... well, and I didn't want the state government attacking this site lol.  Just buy the book.  Trust me.  Things aren't what they seem or what you hear.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:41:17 AM by WadeJ »

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:09:04 PM »
I wish I saw it, lol.

That was published I believe the day before I posted it. The program just started last week. It looked fun in the previews that they had for us, and I'm sure that the program is pleasing plenty of students and teachers. I definitely like that they worked with the various educational institutions to build this program.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 09:19:36 PM »

Ps- buy the book The Soprano State to learn the god awful truth about our state :(. It's a NY times best seller lol

My library might have it. I'll check this week while I'm getting my mom a present for Mother's Day.
My cousin loves this kind of stuff and all the gov't conspiracies that have been circulated in the last 50 or so years.