Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Six Flags and FourSquare Partner for a GREAT Contest!  (Read 1870 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
Six Flags and FourSquare Partner for a GREAT Contest!
« on: June 10, 2010, 04:47:04 PM »
Four words: Unlimited. Exit. Pass. Prize. For 2011.

Too busy installing FourSquare on my phone to explain right now. Read the blog post here:

June 10, 2010
Mike Scollins, Six Flags Social Media Agent

There were a few beautiful months when foursquare was still brand new and I had zero competition for Mayor of the Six Flags Corporate Office.  I was running uncontested and let myself get way too comfortable in the sash (Yeah, I bought a sash OK?!)  In what felt like no time, foursquare exploded and now they’re racking up almost a million check-ins per day.  When the bitter, harsh reality of being dethroned set in, we realized I definitely had to take advantage of the hype and
partner with foursquare for the 2010 Season.

Between now and September 7, anyone who checks into their local Six Flags on foursquare 10x will unlock the exclusive Six Flags Funatic Badge.  Usually the badge is its own reward but we decided to make this one a little more interesting.  All our badge earners will be entered to win an Unlimited Exit Pass for our entire 50th Celebration in 2011.  That’s right.  Unlimited.  Exit.  Pass.  That means no waiting and no lines for the entire season.  Walk right up the exit ramp when you want to ride any coaster, flat ride or other attraction at Six Flags.  We’ll be randomly selecting one winner at each US park and the Exit Pass is good for you and a (very grateful) guest.  Our 50th Celebration is going to be amazing next year and we really want to roll out the red carpet for some of our most fanatical fans.  (Also, if any of you readers happen to work at the DMV, can you politely suggest they run a similar promotion?  I have to get my license renewed and that place is a nightmare.)

But, there’s more.  At the end of the day on September 7, the current Mayor at each park will get a free 2011 Season Pass.  That’ll put you among the first to have an invite to our 50th Celebration.  How’s that for incentive to check-in?  And that’s not even counting how good “Mayor of Six Flags Magic Mountain” would look on a resume.  Just don’t wear the sash to your interview.  I made that mistake so you guys wouldn’t have to.

This truly feels like a perfect fit.  Foursquare rewards you for exploring the country and Six Flags is the ultimate destination.  Just check out the Official Rules and Official Terms and Conditions for all the legal jargon and start checking-in.  Unlike that “Excellence in Knot Making” one I got when I was 10, this is a badge you’re definitely going to want to have.

www.foursquare.com
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:49:27 PM by jglonek »

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
Re: Six Flags and FourSquare Partner for a GREAT Contest!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:33:40 PM »
THATS AWSOME!!

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:19:42 PM »
Read the Official Rules before going to the park 10 times.
There is an easier way to enter.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 07:53:57 PM »
So funny story. I mailed a postcard out to the address listed and got it returned today saying "Undeliverable as Addressed, Unable to Forward". Cool.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 07:59:23 PM »
sounds fishy...

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »
I got a new address off Twitter:

You are welcome to try 230 Park Avenue, 16th Floor, New York NY 10169. That should work too!