Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Conneaut Lake Park’s Blue Streak Coaster Could Open This Ride Season  (Read 1368 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Please help in any way you can!

Conneaut Lake, PA - The Trustees of Conneaut Lake Park, Lisko Entertainment, Park Restoration, and Structural Technologies Inc. (STI) wish to thank all of the supporters of the Pepsi Refresh Program in July and donors to the Blue Streak Restoration Fund.  The project has qualified to re-enter the Program into the August voting period…and is currently at the #2 spot! Votes can be submitted every day via the text message 100510 sent to Pepsi at 73774 or by voting online at www.refresheverything.com/conneautlakeparkbluestreak. The current voting period ends August 31, 2010 and the top ten projects in the $50,000 category each win.

As important as it is to try as hard as possible to win the $50,000 grant, the Park is also faced with the present situation in which the STI crew needs to continue their work on the coaster. If STI is forced to move on to their next project, then the progress made so far on the reconstruction will come to a halt.   The Trustees are still optimistic that the first phase of this project can be completed this year and that the Blue Streak will run this season, but financial support is needed NOW to make this happen.  There is a link at www.conneautlakepark.com with details regarding donations.

The complete restoration of the coaster extends beyond the first phase of getting it running.  If the Park were fortunate enough to win the grant, those additional funds would be used for the next section of track to need replacing, restoration of additional cars, and general upkeep of the coaster; all very important to the future of the coaster. This is not a single-phase restoration project. So, both efforts of support are very valuable.

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Conneaut Lake Park’s Blue Streak Coaster Could Open This Ride Season
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 03:58:38 PM »
I already voted ten times for it this month. I voted atleast 30 when I discovered that it was in the running for the grant last month.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
Re: Conneaut Lake Park’s Blue Streak Coaster Could Open This Ride Season
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:58:51 PM »
It's in first place people! Keep voting EVERY DAY!