Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 2011 Season Passes Now On Sale!  (Read 8366 times)

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
2011 Season Passes Now On Sale!
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:35:33 AM »
2011 season passes are now on sale at the park and online. Here's the official site link for more information!

The breakdown is:

$89.99 for a two park pass, $79.99 a piece if you buy 4 or more
$109.99 for a three park pass, $99.99 a piece if you buy 4 or more

Parking is $15 a day, $25 a day (for preferred), or $48 a season. (This was hard to find, and only comes up on their normal ticket page).

It looks like the passes are still good at any Six Flags theme park, so nothing has changed with the new management yet for cheaper 'home park' passes and premium 'all park' passes. However parking is still just for one park.

And they are currently running a promotion to get free season pass parking if you buy at least four passes by the end of the season.

2011 Season Passes are now on sale! Check out these six sweet reasons to buy your pass online today.

1. Buy 4, Get FREE Parking
Buy four or more passes and if you process them at the park by October 31, we’ll give you one
2011 Season Parking Pass absolutely FREE – a $45 value!  Remember, you must buy AND process your Season Pass ID’s by Halloween to receive this special free offer.

2. FREE Fright Fest 2010
Buy your 2011 Season Passes now and get FREE admission for the rest of 2010 including Fright Fest Presented by SNICKERS®. It’s thrills by day and chills by night, weekends October 8-31.

3. Pays for Itself
A Season Pass pays for itself in less than two visits, then the rest of your visits are FREE. Come as often as you want, stay as long as you like.

4. FREE Tickets for Friends
Pick up your 2011 Pass Holder Value Book in the spring and get FREE tickets for friends to use on
select days.

5. $300 in Park Savings
Receive over $300 in discounts on food, games, souvenirs and more.

6. FREE Admission to all Six Flags Theme Parks
Your Two-Park Season Pass ID is good at 13 Six Flags Theme Parks PLUS Six Flags Wild Safari, our
350-acre wildlife preserve. Three-Park Season Passes include Six Flags Hurricane Harbor right next door.

2011 SEASON PASS PRICING
Two-Park Season Passes                                Three-Park Season Passes
(Six Flags Great Adventure and Wild Safari)         (Includes Hurricane Harbor too)
$79.99 each when you buy four or more                $99.99 each when you buy four or more
$89.99 Individual Pass                                $109.99 Individual Pass

FREE Season Parking Pass when you buy four or more passes and process by October 31!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:00:21 AM by Steve »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: 2011 Season Passes Now On Sale!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »
Actually the parking isn't the same as this season if it's only good at your home park. Parking was good at any six flags this year. So hopefully that was just a typo.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:23:04 PM »
Nevermind... I misread it.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 03:10:42 PM »
It's not just a typo.  There is actually a sign in season pass processing saying to buy parking at the park where you visit most...

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 05:47:33 PM »
Wait!  So is parking next year only good for one park?

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 06:00:07 PM »
That is correct...it's gone back to the way it used to be.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 07:07:12 PM »
AND you can ONLY buy a parking pass from the park where you buy your pass...want a parking pass from a different park?  You must buy a season pass there, too.  Or so I was told Friday...

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 07:30:20 PM »
I'm seriously thinking 2011 could be the first time in nearly 20 years that we don't purchase a season pass or visit any Six Flags park.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »
I'm seriously thinking 2011 could be the first time in nearly 20 years that we don't purchase a season pass or visit any Six Flags park.

I hear you Sue !! My kids and hubby dont hear it but I do . I was annoyed with the credit card thing and well I will get something for my points I just dont know what . I will most likely have to see if I even bother with the new card . The Discover card has to have the same program or something better ( which I cant see ) for me to get it . Then the water bottle thing with my daughter which I have to say was the TOP of my list as to how BAd someone can handle a situation . Now a change with management and NEW SP policies ? Does it seem that maybe this is all going in a BAD DIRECTION ? Or is it just me ?

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 10:02:24 PM »
The Chase card offered a ten percent discount on in park purchases...while the Discover card offers a five percent discount.  Also, MasterCard is honored in far, far more places than Discover.

I once had a Discover card.  I am not getting one again just to have a Six Flags card...that would mean I would have to deal with Discover's so called "Customer Service."  No, thanks.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 10:13:14 PM »
Just remember that all the decisions that have been made can always be changed again.  Remember when the last management team came in and instituted "No re-entry" which lasted for all of 3 weeks during the off-season because of the outcry.

If you don't like what they are doing, make sure you express it, not just in forums like this, but in writing at the park through Guest Relations and through the park's Facebook page, and in writing "real" letters to the park and Six Flags corporate. 

Every comment submitted through GR is filtered up to the management of the park and Six Flags Corporate. 

If they don't know you're having a problem with the policies they won't change them. 

I'm not thrilled about the changes in policy either but there have been more and more people cheating the system and buying passes from SFA and other parks where they are cheaper and using them at GA almost exclusively.  It's an unfortunate fact of life that people are always trying to cheat the system and this is one way they are trying to close that loophole. 

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 10:38:55 PM »
Then there are those of us who visit other parks more often than Great Adventure, but buy our passes there to support the park...

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 10:44:36 PM »
I know there are, but I know of several people claiming to be "fans" of the park who buy their passes at SFA, SFNE, and TGE because they are cheaper, and some who even have bragged about never having paid for parking because they cheated the system.  Those people are understandably trying to save a buck.

What Six Flags finally needs to do is what CF and SWE both do and offer single park passes for one price and multi-park passes for another price.  Those of us who do travel to other parks in the chain could then pay a fair price to get admission and parking for all parks, while those who only go to a single park can get a fair deal as well. 

Create a premium pass with premium pass rewards and there is a certain percentage of the public that will spend the extra money. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 10:46:10 PM by GAcoaster »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 10:48:07 PM »
The back of the new pass says regular season pass parking is only honored at the park where purchased...leaving the door open to higher levels of parking passes?

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 10:52:47 PM »
Anything is possible...

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 01:04:55 AM »
The back of the new pass says regular season pass parking is only honored at the park where purchased...leaving the door open to higher levels of parking passes?
No, it means exactly what it states. Season pass parking is only valid at the park your pass was purchased. So, if you lived in Chicago and went to SFGAM, you would be paying the $70 for season pass parking and only be allowed to get free parking at SFGAM.

Also, I updated the first post. SP Parking went up to $48 for 2011. It seems they have it listed as $45.00, but it is not including tax. Actually, if you go to checkout, it lists it as $45.00 + $3.15 in tax with a total of $48.15. At the park it is just $48.00. You can save $.15 by getting it at the park  :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:08:28 AM by Steve »

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 01:16:06 AM »
I don't know who said parking pass is only good at one park, but It clearly states on their website and I can vouch that its true, just used mine at Great Escape, that they are good at all Six Flags parks. Also the price is 45$ including tax. It says so on the website as well.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 01:18:03 AM by Blackhand1001 »

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 06:30:38 AM »
Yes, THIS year.  For 2011, the current policy is that season parking passes will be good ONLY at the park where sold.  As has been stated several times in this thread already, as is stated on the back of the new passes, and is implied on a sign at Great Adventure's Pass Processing...

I bet that website listing is changed, though I'd prefer they changed the policy.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 07:09:30 AM »
I'd be OK with them mirroring Cedar Fair's way of doing things with the one park pass with one park parking or a multi-park pass with with multi-park parking.  I'd also be OK with them charging the same price for passes at every park which would eliminate the problem of people buying passes where they are cheaper.  I'm sure that change would annoy locals used to paying a cheap price, but I think it's the fair thing to do.  Some of the pass prices out there really are too cheap.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »
I would have been screwed this season if that were the case. I purchased a sfmm pass simply because our park wasn't open yet. Had I bought a sfgadv voucher I wouldn't have been able to process it before my cali trip.

For the .05% of the population that might do this, it just doesn't make sense. And to combat those breaking and cheating the system, just do what CF does!

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 09:51:50 AM »
I'm curious as to how many people really cheat the system that would warrant this change.  Coaster Enthusiasts?  Absolutely!  Average Joe?  I just don't see them going out of their way to another SF park to save a couple bucks.

Plus, as Wade mentions, what does someone do now if they visit a distant park which happens to be open before their home park? 

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »
Yes, THIS year.  For 2011, the current policy is that season parking passes will be good ONLY at the park where sold.  As has been stated several times in this thread already, as is stated on the back of the new passes, and is implied on a sign at Great Adventure's Pass Processing...

I bet that website listing is changed, though I'd prefer they changed the policy.
Considering they just added those options to the website, I doubt there is any real change to the policy. On the sign at the processing it can't be implied, it has to be written.

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 05:22:25 PM »
The back of the 2011 pass says this:

"A regular Season Pass Parking Pass is only valid at the park where it was purchased."

A 2010 pass says:

"Season parking passes may be used at other parks."

No less than three different Six Flags employees warned me Friday that the parking pass I purchased was good ONLY at Great Adventure.  Nowhere else.  Why would they say this unless they had been so advised?

Why would the language on the back of the season pass be changed?

And why would they post a sign in season pass processing telling you to buy parking at the park where you visit most often?

For now at least, the policy for 2011 HAS changed.

Offline AV Matt

• Kingda Ka
  • I'm the guy that looks like me.
    • Coaster-Count.com
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »
They should offer a Six Flags Platinum Pass that is good at all of their parks, is the same price at all of their parks, includes free parking at all of their parks, and can be processed at all of their parks regardless of where you buy it from. But I would undercut Cedar Fair and sell them for a smaller mark-up above the single parks passes. Perhaps $100 (parking included) for a single park pass and $120 for a chain-wide pass (parking included). The small upcharge for chain-wide access would be a compelling extra for many non-enthusiasts I bet.

Making parking a separate fee is just an annoyance for everyone. I doubt they'd lose many pass-holders who formerly didn't get a parking add-on, because they knew people that had parking. Including it in the pass gives it more "perceived value" and it's easier to justify paying extra for a season pass from last year when it includes a great perk that you had to basically pay the same price as your pass for last year.

"Perceived value" is something parks like Holiday World and Knoebels are awesome at and Six Flags seems to overlook.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 09:10:48 AM »
Matt that is a good idea but what about Families that only buy on parking pass because my kids dont drive ? I dont want to pay the extra for the perceived value if the perk is not going to work out for the person using the pass . I do however think they should have another system as to what would work I just dont know .