Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Belts on B:TR  (Read 3695 times)

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
Belts on B:TR
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »
Y'all know about all the effort i went through last winter to loose enough weight to fit on B:TR, Medusa, and a few others. Of course my efforts worked and I was happy, but someone on GADV.COM reports B&M ordered a change on all the belts and buckles on their inverts and now the belts are shorter(on Alpengeist). Does anyone know if this has been done on B:TR up here? If it has i'll never be able to ride it again. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 08:43:59 PM »
I was at Six Flags Over Georgia for opening.  I can report that the Batman belts there are no different now than they were on closing day last year at Georgia, or the week before that at Great Adventure.

I hope that helps...

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 11:10:44 PM »
As of right now I lost 36lbs and 6 1/2 inches off my stomach line so smaller belts won't be a problem for me. I still have another 34lbs to go. By opening night I should be at the 41lb loss mark. Anyone who saw me last season when I was 235lbs will be looking at a totally different looking person.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 05:27:29 AM »
i'm 5' 8" and 255+ lbs. on B:TR and Medusa i could ride the front row with a little slack in the belts. Of course quite a few people i know don't belive i weigh that much when they see me for the first time. I figure if the guys at "Walter and Claude's Happy Rollercoaster Factory" requested the change on Alpie, everyone probably got it as well
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 05:45:53 AM »
I wouldn't necessarily believe things I saw posted on the Internet about whether the belts even changed or why.  They may or may not have.  I can, though, confirm that they aren't any different on Batman at Georgia.  Or the Georgia Scorcher.  Course you did just read this on the Internet.  Ah, paradoxes!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »
Those who know me obviously know that I don't have to worry about such things.  In fact, I worry more about falling out lol.  But I did want to pop in here and mention that I have a great deal of respect for enthusiast that actually change their lifestyle around coasters.  I'm sure it isn't easy.  Its refreshing to hear this instead of bashing the parks about how the ride was built.  With that said, I'm completely unware of any changes coming to Gadv and I'm not really sure if B&M had anything to do with BGW.  These inverts have operated for so many years now without a problem so perhaps it was just the BGW lawyers that wanted the extra safety net.

Offline jackspratmaybe2fat

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 04:31:55 PM »
Ah, a topic near and dear.  As last season ended I was 5' 11" and over 265 with a 46" waist.  I could fit on all the coasters except RT, RMT, B+RTC and Nitro (most of the time), sometimes I fit, go figure. Anyway, as of this morning I am at 236 and a 41.5" waist.  As some of you know from other GA websites, my main factor for weightloss was Six Flags.  I should be their Jared.  Not really.

Not sure if I will fit on RT though really dont care, if I want a wood coaster there will be ET and am definately sure I will fit on the rest.  I really hope that it is just as isolated thing with the belts on the above mentioned coaster and not a chain-wide thing.  I know I wont have issues even if they did, but I know there are a lot of people who would.  It's tough enough being heavy and waiting in line with people looking at you like, "Why's this heffer waiting, he's not going to fit!" and then you get up there and dont.  I remember waiting 3 hours for KK and this guy in front of us didn't fit and he looked like he wanted to crawl in a hole.  Anyway, I know that no one was debating this, just felt the need to type.

Good god, can't believe it is under 10 days.  Imagine riding KK on a day like today!  Yikes!

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2006, 06:40:07 PM »
Good for all of you guys.

The only ride I ever had a problem fitting on was La Revolucion at Knott's but for that ride you honestly can't have more than a 38" waist.

At my heaviest I was 265, I'm now at about 235 but I was at 225 at some points last year. I can now fit on La Revolucion just fine.

I'm hoping to lose another 15 - 20 pounds and keep it that way.

Of course I'm not doinb much about it at the moment.  :roll:

As for the topic at hand, It did seem to me that Silver Bullet seemed a bit tighter for me when we rode on Sunday, but I may be wrong.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 12:22:56 AM »
What Is B&M thinking by shortening these belts? America isn't getting any thinner, we are a fat country, so they should just leave the belts alone IMO but if its to avoid a S:ROS situation then do it, better to be safe then to be sorry!
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 06:54:05 AM »
Again, there is NO confirmation that the belts at BGW have been shortened.  A few people THINK they have been, but most do not.

Don't panic.  And if it WERE B and M, how do you explain that they definitely were not shortened at Six Flags Over Georgia?

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 07:40:48 AM »
They felt the same on B:TR at SFMM and on Silver Bullet last weekend.

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 10:51:40 PM »
I think we have to ask the B:TR test dummies, they might know, either one of them or the dippin dots guy  :P

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2006, 05:47:09 AM »
Quote from: "Yanks2Jets14"
I think we have to ask the B:TR test dummies, they might know, either one of them or the dippin dots guy  :P

That would be a case of those who know, don't tell; and those who tell, don't know!

Offline chilled182

• Affiliate
  • Spinmeister
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 01:34:31 PM »
I think they would notify people if the seatbelts were shortened.. but i dont see any reasoning for that to happen at all.

as a 30 inch waist.. i dont forsee that as something that will ever happen to me.. but i cant stand it when i see someone having to get out of line because they dont fit in the seats.  I want to help them in the worst way.
www.eastcoastcoasters.com
It's an East Coast Thing!

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2006, 02:42:38 AM »
I feel bad when I see that, especially when the lines are crazy! They need to add something at the beginning....Oh wait a test seat, there there so people should use them more, it would save them time spent on the line should they not be able to ride.