Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: SFMM  (Read 2137 times)

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
Photo TR: SFMM
« on: March 27, 2006, 11:17:41 AM »
We FINALLY got to SFMM to get our Play Passes yesterday. We were going to go in the morning but we were enjoying being lazy too much so we decided to go against our normal SFMM schedule and go later in the day.

We got to the park at 2, dropped our $15 to park and headed in. First thing we noticed, 2 trams running. Granted we didn't take them, but it wasn't an incredibly busy day and it was nice to see.

Got to the booths, right to the front and dropped our $450 for 2 XTREME Play Passes, 2 regular Play Passes and 4 Hurricane Harbor passes. Honestly, not a bad deal for all of that.

Walked in the park to process our passes and ran in to Antonio, Giovanni and their mom (sorry, I'm TERRIBLE with names) from TPR. Caught up with them since it had been awhile and then proceeded to head off to get our passes processed.

The line was only about 15 minutes and moved quite fast. The employees were doing a great job of moving the lines. They have taken the same approach as USH and are having you enter your info on computers. We were in and out of the building in 5 minutes.

Headed over and got our FastLanes. They were training about 6 new employees all from Thailand and they seemed to be enjoying working.

Walking around the park we did notice that they had added some paint to some of the entry buildings, revolution and a few more things.

And since it was the first time we had seen it ... HOLY CRAP IS TATSU FREAKIN' HUGE!!!! I simply can't wait to ride this thing in May.

We headed around, took a spin on Swiss Twist (I know it's Sierra, tough) and it looks and runs great after it's rehab. Noticed that they added a Paintball thing by the Colossus arcade ... just what they need ... MORE guns at SFMM.

Headed over to Colossus and used our FastLanes. Fun ride, front row. We actually got a few pops of air which was unexpected. The ride can sure use a rehab but it's better than Ghostrider at this point.

Tried to talk Amanda into going on Scream but she wanted to go on something scarier. So Batman it was. Unfortunately no more FastLane on Batman and the line was a good 45 minutes at least. No biggie, we will get on it next time.

Walked over to Gold Rusher got a quick ride, fun times.

Did the new and improved JET STREAM ... okay, it's not new, or improved but it's back to being just Jet Stream which is nice. If any ride needs a nice extensive rehab on the flume and boats it's this. Still had a fun ride, but got WAY too wet.

Walked around through Rapids, got some Tatsu pics and took Amanda on Viper. Her first arrow multi-looper didn't dissapoint. She came off with red ears and a headache.

Headed out about 4:15, drove home and had an awesome dinner at El Tecolote here in Camarillo. Mmmm ... Mexican food.

Here are some pics:

Kristi is SOOO thrilled to be at SFMM:

Gregg LOVES Hot Mom's, like the one in this picture

Revolution is actually white back there:

Kristi and the kids:

Amanda and Josh on the Sierra Twist:

The Gangbangers will all love this:

From the Colossus Lift Hill:

Going up the lift on Gold Rusher:

Jet Stream is back:

Did I mention Tatsu is HUGE???

The Station and Zero-G. It looks like this may be the last section that needs to be done

Here are the rest of the pics:
http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/gallery/1309236
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 01:53:33 PM »
Collossos better than Ghostrider?

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »
^ Absolutely.

Colossus is at least rideable.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 03:38:21 PM »
I didn't think Ghostrider was that bad. Now, Collossos on the other hand was not re-rideable.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 08:46:33 AM »
Great shirt Gregg !

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 09:00:50 AM »
Gregg, thanks for another great report.  I am really enjoying your reports from the California parks, as I have never been there.  It looks like your kids are having a ball.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!