Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Parking Situation  (Read 2584 times)

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
Parking Situation
« on: April 08, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »
Well I was just on Six Flags site and I see the price of parking has gone up another 5 dollars ($50) and as many know no longer includes other Six Flags parks. I think that letters need to be sent about this because as it is its quite obvious almost none of that money is spent on maintaining the lot as it is in god awful condition. Its quite frustrating the amount you have to spend to park. Not to mention its no longer separate from your pass like it used to be. The parking fees will seriously alienate people and removing the access to other parks will alienate enthusiasts who frequently are the ones who tell people to give Six Flags another chance. I know I have. I feel that this is an important issue that should definitely be brought to the managements attention. I seriously like Six Flags and don't want to see them fail, but things like these give the brand a bad image.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:47:18 AM by Blackhand1001 »

Offline B-mac

• Nitro
Re: Parking Situation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 12:48:16 PM »
Preffered parking is the only place were the asphault is decent. But you are right, sometimes the parking lot looks like someone dropped a bomb on it. The potholes are so bad sometimes the rival the bronx expressway's. GA needs to get back to the lot and pave it, they seems to worry more about how you get to HH and the safari than your first impressions entering the park by walking through the lot.

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 01:45:15 PM »
They don't charge anywhere near what they should for season passes (let's be honest, $80 and it gets you into all the parks?) so they need to make it up somewhere!

Remember that right now if you buy 4 passes you get the parking free. That's great for families, but I guess they don't care so much about couples or single people.

As for the condition of the parking lot, the park president knows and looked like we punched him when it was brought up.

Hey Steve, I wasn't looking but since GL ate up some parking lot how far back so those preferred parking barriers go this year? Haha.

Also I remember seeing an option on the computers when they make the season passes for a preferred parking season parking pass. I wonder why that doesn't get offered

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 03:08:18 PM »
The no access to other parks p!sses me off more than the $5 increase. As Jerry pointed out, the SP is a bargain.  But NOT being able to use the parking elsewhere is just flipping the bird at a VERY small subset of guests. Why not keep them happy since they are your biggest supporters?? Ugghhh.

Last summer I went to SFGA while on business in Chicago. I only had 2 hours but it didn't matter since I didn't have to pay to park each night. I won't be doing that any longer. And it's their loss since I ate something while I was there every night.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:37:23 PM by WadeJ »

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 03:56:13 PM »
I'm with ya, Wade!  Because of that, GA will be the only SF park we visit this year and we're not going to spend any money in the park.  As you said, only a small portion of season pass holders visit other parks so what are they accomplishing by doing this?  If anything, it's only going to annoy their most loyal supporters.

Offline Millennium Force 44

• Rolling Thunder
  • Coaster King
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 05:31:21 PM »
WHAT?! Now season pass parking is only available at the park your season pass is from. I think that's complete bull. This is just another strike against the company in my eyes. Also, what is with the whole preferred parking? It's just another stupid gimmick to make extra money. Completely unnecessary!

Offline Blackhand1001

• Global Moderator
  • Houdini's Great Escape
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »
They don't charge anywhere near what they should for season passes (let's be honest, $80 and it gets you into all the parks?) so they need to make it up somewhere!

Remember that right now if you buy 4 passes you get the parking free. That's great for families, but I guess they don't care so much about couples or single people.

As for the condition of the parking lot, the park president knows and looked like we punched him when it was brought up.

Hey Steve, I wasn't looking but since GL ate up some parking lot how far back so those preferred parking barriers go this year? Haha.

Also I remember seeing an option on the computers when they make the season passes for a preferred parking season parking pass. I wonder why that doesn't get offered
Price is now 100 not 80. Its 90 if you buy 4 but I only need 1. So considering last year I payed 69.99 and 45 for parking and could use that everywhere and now I have to pay 100 plus 50 and can only park at the parking lot that looks like an earthquake hit it is quite annoying. Thats 35 more dollars than I spent last year.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 06:41:46 PM by Blackhand1001 »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 07:24:27 PM »
Yes, that is true.  But that's the entire strategy.  Trying to sell more family packs is a good thing in most cases.  That isn't much different than how Disney makes it cost less and less as you add days to park hoppers.  The fact that it ends up costing basically 25 bucks for a 4-park park hopper is insane once you get up to a 10 day pass while a 1 day ticket for 1 park is something like $79.00!

It still sucks though.  Maybe you can find friends to go in on the deal with to save money with 4 passes instead?

Offline jglonek

• Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • It's simple, we, uh, kill the Batman.
    • http://www.gadvoutpost.com
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »
I thought about that, but then who gets the parking pass?

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 08:20:01 PM »
Get two and it's only "$20 each". Neither parking pass is free, but the $40 in savings offsets the $40 in cost for pass #1, then pass #2 is the "full $40", but only $40 more than if you got the 4 passes sans discount, so it's "only $20 each" in the end...sort of.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline jimmybjammin

• Raja's Rickshaws
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 11:07:39 PM »
I'd prefer SF takes Cedar Fair's approach to season passes as one park only, and season passes that apply everywhere with every perk. It's more fair in my eyes for a premium cost.

Offline coastersue

• Spinmeister
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »
I read on another site that people who just processed their season passes got a coupon for free parking at another SF park.  Does that mean those of us who already processed our passes before the season are out of luck?  I originally thought there was supposed to be 1 free parking coupon in the SF coupon book, but it's not in there.

Offline GAcoaster

• Jungleland Express
    • GreatAdventureHistory.com
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »
That is correct.  Just come to GR and show your season parking pass and they can issue you the coupon for 1 day free parking at any other SF park.

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 06:18:06 PM »
WHOO I am going to jump on that there maybe a trip up north for us ... SFNE !!