Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Skull Mountain Refurbishment  (Read 2445 times)

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
Skull Mountain Refurbishment
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:33:28 PM »
After visiting the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and riding the three Magic Kingdom mountains, I began to think about Skull Mountain and how the other three mountain themed rides totally blow Skull out of the water. Skull Mountain is close to reaching classic status at the park, but I think it would be a really good ride for the park to refurbish the ride. It worked out great for Space Mountain, and I think Skull could be saved too!

First of all, the ride should be longer. The ride should be extended so it will be more worth the wait. Second, the ride could use more theme elements and props. Thrid, IT NEEDS TO BE DARKER! The park needs to cover up any holes that are reveling light so the ride will be pitch black. Fourth, I think it would be cool if all of the rides windows were covered up. The on ride ones and the on line ones. This will give the illusion of walking into another place outside the park and the whole ride will be in total darkness. With some cool sound effects and mist, the ride will really cool! Skull Mountain could then become a thrilling and fun experience for the whole family!

Offline nitrorox1414

• Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train
  • Arms Down Head Back Hold On!!!
Re: Skull Mountain Refurbishment
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
That would be good, I just don't see it happening though. And Disney's rides are obviously going to be better in the theming department.

Offline Steve

• Administrator
  • El Toro
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 12:19:01 PM »
There is no room there to expand the ride itself. If you want to do that you would either need to build into Safari Discoveries or take out the Jolly Roger.

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »
Exactly Steve. That is what they should do. Honestly, I don't think that kids area is doing anything. We already have Seaport and National Park, do we really need more? Plus, Skully is a family coaster, so it will still entertain kids and not be a kids area. I believe that before the park adds anything new, they should fix what they have. The themed areas of the park could also be way more themed then they are.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
They're not gonna extend the ride, just forget about it.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 12:11:11 PM »
The ride could be redone from a theme perspectice with new effects, etc.  I would also like to see it darker inside but of course, you can just ride it at night :).

But no, it will not get extended. 

Offline coastercrazy9

• Koala Canyon
  • The Nj Ce (coaster enthusiast)
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »
I would like to see at least some back story, they could even make signs and put them on the walls of the que!  An Example would be Posiedons Fury at Universal's IOA.
R.I.P. Gasm, our beloved arrow!

Offline 587coasterfan89

• Balin's Jungleland
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 04:47:06 PM »
Ok so even if they don't extend the ride, new themeing would be cool. I also think it would be awesome if they changed the trains to the "Space Mountain" type trains. Like the whole one person in front of the other thing.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »
If you think the kids area "does nothing", you're paying 0% attention to it. "Seafari" puts in work.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 06:58:29 AM »
I'd expect Skull Mountain to visit Chiller sooner than seeing any re-themeing.
That came close to happening but instead we lost a motion simulator.