Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Batman & Robin are currently closed  (Read 16779 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Re: Batman: Chiller is OPEN!
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »
^ True, it wasn't  running yesterday. Today,  who knows ?  I guess it's back to  "when you get to the park you'll find out" .  Or when you don't get to the park,  someone will tell you they rode it 22 times. 

Offline sir clinksalot

• Autobahn
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2006, 11:58:23 AM »
That's awesome.

Still not sure if we will get to GADV this year ... but if we do I can't wait to ride Batman side.
- Gregg

See my photo album here:

http://greggandkristi.smugmug.com/

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2006, 12:41:10 PM »
^ True, it wasn't  running yesterday. Today,  who knows ?  I guess it's back to  "when you get to the park you'll find out" .  Or when you don't get to the park,  someone will tell you they rode it 22 times. 

Thats why I did ride it 22 times, because who knows when it will close again and for how long.

Offline gorf1000

• http://www.kooldude.us
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2006, 02:47:17 PM »
Thats why I did ride it 22 times, because who knows when it will close again and for how long.

Well I can pretty much guarantee that it will not open next friday since I am planning to be at the park.  B:TC has never run when I've been at the park, I'm getting desperate to get a ride on it.

Offline KingdakaRoxmysox

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 08:38:15 AM »
Oh my god this is sooo exciting!! cause now on friday i can go on my all time favorite ride! see i live like 14 min away soo i go all the time, now with this ride open i will be going more, also i am applying for a job in the summer soo this will make my life better haha i cant wait to ride it..... thanks for the update people......

do u think eltoro will be open by friday??? cause the same thing happened with kingdaka they said a date and it never happened!
~~~~chris~~~~

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 08:46:32 AM »
Well, sorry to bum down your day LOL  but Batman side of Chiller has once again been plagued by problems.  They aren't serious but I suspect they are putting all attention this week on Toro, Ka, RT, Tango and the entire Plaza del Carnaval section.  So B:TC may not be running again until sometime next week.

If El Toro is going to open this weekend, this site will be one of the first to know so stay tuned :)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 05:17:28 PM »
Along with GAInsider which pretty much goes hand in hand with this site. :D Im going to the park on Friday so I'll get some shots of Chiller and and not. Ill try to get a pic of the train on the inside.

Offline KingdakaRoxmysox

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
yea! i hope eltoro and kk is opened because im bringing my sis and her roommate her roomate has never been there sooo i hope on friday it is opened
 :P
~~~~chris~~~~

Offline sfgadvfreak

• Affiliate
  • Jolly Roger
    • http://www.eastcoastcoasters.com
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 08:30:45 PM »
Toro is probably not going to be ready for Friday.  Hopefully, and it seems that Ka will be fixed by then.  Chiller on the other hand is a flip of the coin.  It's been on and off since it's been fixed.  Mid-summer everything should be up and running full stregnth.
Great Adventure...taking over the world one record at a time.

[img width= height=]http://downloads.thestreetnetwork.com/LessThanJake/LTJBanner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Dubya91

• Affiliate
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ma! The Meatloaf!
    • Who I Really Am!!
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 10:07:07 PM »
B:TC will be ignored till KK is fixed and Toro is testing IMO, again its put to the bottom of the priority list where it has been for the last few years
Your Reigning 2008 Updates Coaster Draft Champion!

[[image removed due to size restrictions]]

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
Re: Batman: Chiller is currently closed
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
While B:TC is at the bottom of the list, they are working on it.  Expect at least 2 more weeks :(

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2006, 10:15:10 PM »
Chiller Blue lives once again.

(photo from amusementpics.com)  Thanks GAcoaster!

It was testing today. This is the most confusing ride I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 10:48:27 PM by WadeJ »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2006, 10:49:29 PM »
Nice to see but I'm still reluctant to say its opening soon.  Hopefully it does but I'm still not sure.  Thanks for the heads up!

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2006, 08:27:38 AM »
 :-[ Forgot to name the source. My bad.

Yeah, as long as it's testing I feel the hope is there. When it's dormant it just feels like last season and it's never going to open.

Offline blazzinmatt

• Parachute Training Center
    • MATTDONDERS
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2006, 09:31:10 AM »
Yes it will be open today according to my source which is extremely reliable. Chiller Blue was cycling as the park closed yesterday and my source said that it will be open today.

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2006, 09:37:32 AM »
haha... well, that doesn't say much for my source LOL  I'm glad to hear it is opening but there are still some bugs to work out with this ride.  It is exciting to see them actually run it though to try and work them out.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2006, 04:46:20 PM »
There are reports all over the web of Chiller Blue opening today. Looks like I have an excuse to go back!

Offline kj_bennett

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2006, 11:33:53 PM »
Don't get your hopes up to much.  They were cycling the rides today a few times before they did open it up to everyone.  Instead of taking a picture, I instead ran to the line so please forgive me on that.

About the 2nd ride full of people, the train stopped about 20 feet short of the docking station when it was coming to an end.  Workers had to manually push it back and there was a lot of confusion between themselves and with them and us on if the next launch would have people or not.  It took about 10 minutes to figure out, it was a fairly commical experience, since you would see people sitting down in the train, then getting up and walking to the exit area, then decide to go back on.  This was happening with almost every row at some point.  Here is a picture of when this was all going on:

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2006, 01:59:49 AM »
It ended up being down for like half of the day.  I was too busy to note the time it was when it stopped running, but once it closed, it didn't reopen.  It was running pretty fast while it was open.  It was going maybe half a train legnth higher on the spike than Robin.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline kj_bennett

« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2006, 06:09:39 AM »
It ended up being down for like half of the day.  I was too busy to note the time it was when it stopped running, but once it closed, it didn't reopen.  It was running pretty fast while it was open.  It was going maybe half a train legnth higher on the spike than Robin.
The picture I took was time stamped at 4:59, and roughly 20-30 minutes later was the last ride (which I rode in the back seat).

I can't say for 100% accuracy, but I'm fairly postive they opened the ride around 4:30 since my 2 trips over to this area of the park (including my ride on Robin at 1:30) that Batman hadn't ran before that.  When I was on Robin, there was no ride operators and no workers on the Batman side.

Offline rjholla2003

• Admini-what?!
  • Administrator
  • Kingda Ka
  • Ehh, What's Up Doc!
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2006, 06:23:11 AM »
Oh.  I was working a night shift, so I didn't even get into the park until 3:00.  When I walked to my area, Chiller Blue was running strong.  Possibly a bit too strong.
Peep the concept, you've got progress, you've got congress
We protest in hopes they confess, just proceed on your conquest
I ain't got no gavel, I ain't finna fight nobody battle
I just wanna be free, I ain't finna be nobody's chattel

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2006, 09:18:09 AM »
Alrighty then, unfortunately it seems my  source was more right than I thought LOL

I'm really surprised (pleasantly) that they took this extra effort to attempt to reopen it to the public.  However, I still stand by what I said - the ride still has issues to be worked out.  Too much speed on the spike is probably the most important one ;)

I will say, you are in for one heck of a ride if you sneak a ride while it is open.  The speed difference is AMAZING between Robin and Batman.  There is no comparison.

Offline SilverBullet

• Congo Rapids
  • Videos are teh shiz.
    • Theme Park Central
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2006, 12:32:11 PM »
Well, just called my friend that was at the park today. He's inline for B:TC and says it's running fairly consistantly. Good news.

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2006, 10:38:11 PM »
I got on it today.  It was awesome, in less than an hour I got on everything I wanted. Tango first with a walk on, the Rolling Thunder 3rd row with a two train wait, then Batman the Chiller with a two train wait.  Later I even got to see El Toro test.  Sadly, I didn't have a good view but it did fly over the hills.
Batman the Chiller ran pretty much all day too.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2006, 05:55:26 PM »
btc was running at 5pm when I left today
Yo