Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Overlord's CAD TR  (Read 1588 times)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Overlord's CAD TR
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:45:38 PM »
Time: 5:00 - 10:00 PM

Group: Myself, Girlfriend (My Sister and Mom Seperated from us)

Quote of the day: "Put down the fork sonny!"

So we arrive at the park. Since I had my season pass stolen 2 weeks ago, I had to get my replacement one. Before we left, my mom called the park to see if they were processing passes so she could get hers processed. They were and my mom also told the lady about my season pass being stolen and she told us to just bring the police report with us and they should give us a replacement one for free. We waited about 15 minutes in line at guest relations so that made me excited because the whole time, im hearing chiller launch. Both sides.

So we get into the park, and I walk with my mom and sister over to the processing center. After that, we head over to GASM. No wait, walk on. We rode it three times in a row. It was pretty smooth today except for the usual rough spots going into the second loop. Good speed and good inversions.

Rating: 7/10

So we head west and go over to Chiller to get on it. We arrive at the station and I see the Batman side chained off still so we head onto the Robin side. Walk on. We rode the second to last car. We also had a re-ride too since no one was in the station at the time. So we get off, and they locked Batman. I am standing in the exit ramp and I watch the bat launch out of hell. It was great. A little slow but then takes off like crazy. This made me really excited already.

Rating: 9/10

After that, we had to head to nitro. My adrenaline was pumping and I wanted to go on it now or never. So we head over there, through the long queue line and up the stairs. It was a walk-on at row 6 since there were only 2 boys ahead of us. Could I have planned that any better? We pull down the restraints and they send us on our way. Here I am strapped in with just a clamshell and I am about to drop 215 feet. What the hell was I thinking? So we reach the top and I grab on with my dear life. We crest and boom we are dropping. Halfway down the drop, I go into the swan dive as everyone says to do. What an awesome feeling. The airtime is just great over all those hills. Of course I almost blacked out at the helix but no big. And the bunny hills from hell. I just wish there was more.

Rating: 10/10

So we get off the ride and walk past the Nitro Grille. Boy did those wings look good. Ill have eto get some next time I go back. So we decide to run to Chiller after seeing Batman launch with people on it. We get there and the batman side is chained up. So we went up the Robin side but see everyone over there. So we ride Robin a 3rd time of the night and after Robin, we head over to the Batman side. Now the chain wasnt up so it was all clear. That was odd. We get on and we launch. What an awesome feeling that top hat is. We go up to the top of the tower and then we head backwards. I had to go no hands backwards. We get to the tophat and I put my hands back on the bar because I didnt want to fall out. :P What a great LIM Chiller is.

After that, we head over to Nathan's Hot Dogsand grab a bite to eat. After that, we head on over to Medusa. The line was down the stairs so it wasnt too bad. We wait and we get in line for the back row. Just before we are about to go on, a fat teen was trying to squeeze into the back row seat. Obviously, the seat belt was clicking so he couldnt ride. Not to be mean or anything but the guy behind us started cracking jokes and we had to laugh they were just so funny. The jokes consisted of "Put the fork down and lose those pounds sonny. Its time to push away the cheeseburger." And something else that was like "He needs to lose a few pounds. I feel bad for them trying to get his 'butt' in the seat." So they ended up moving him into row 5 with the big boy seats and he fit easily. I hope that was a rude awakening for him.

Anyways we get on the back row and it was such a great ride. That ride never gets old. It was a little rough but it seemed MUCH faster for some reason. Im not sure why.

Rating: 9/10

It was about 8:30 or so now and we wanted to go back over to the west side of the park and get some rides on Chiller and Nitro to close out the night. We get in line for batman chiller. It was about a 2 train wait. I had to stand there and listen to the annoying kid go "WHOOP! WHOOP!" every 5 seconds. So we get on and we are set to go off. I can hear robin coming back so Im bracing myself for the launch. And he says LAUNCH! and nothing happened. I was like "GREAT! YOU BROKE IT! IT JUST OPENED TOO!" So they tell us to go wait in the exit line. We wait and they call up the supervisor. We ended up waiting 10 minutes but I wanted to get on Nitro so I figure we could just come back later.

We head over to Nitro again. It was about a 30 minute wait but we did it anyway. I wanted to get a night ride and it was worth it. This time I did no hands again and it was great. The floater air is such a great thrill on that ride. I love every minute of it.

That wrapped it up for the night. My mom was calling and asking us to leave since I drove the car since I have the parking permit. Overall, it was a great night. I enjoyed every moment of it and I wish there was more CAD's throughout the season. Hopefully one night I can get alot of rides on BTC to raise my count.

Overall Trip Rating: 9/10

Offline Nozzy

• Jungleland Express
Overlord's CAD TR
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »
Sounds like you had a good time, but just so you know, while Nitro is navigationally on the west end of the park, what's usually refered to as the "west side of the park" is the side with the western theming, while the other side(Nitro side) is still called the east side, so you really went back to the east side at the end of the night.
Still alive, contrary to popular belief.

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
Overlord's CAD TR
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 08:42:14 PM »
I just go by the compass really. But it really doesnt matter. Most of my time was focused in the Movietown area anyways. :D So lets just say I spent a night at the movies. :P