Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Photo TR: Kachunga and the Alligator show!  (Read 2400 times)

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
Photo TR: Kachunga and the Alligator show!
« on: May 09, 2006, 10:35:04 PM »
After reading Pc man's post about the show I stopped to check it out on Sunday afternoon.

I arrived minutes after the show had already started and sat near the top of the bleachers. This actually gave me a better view of the gator inside the make shift pool. The show now sits in the center of the old Batman vs. Cat woman show in Movie town if you weren?t sure where it was.

Gill and David are the host's of the show. David does all the stunts with the alligator as Gill, his brother, educates the crowds while joking around with David. It was funny to me but rather a little dry humor for others.

Here David shows the inside of the gators mouth, He then

proceeds to  take the gator back in the water  and  performs the  "let's stick my  hand in and out between the gators jaws before they shut". Let?s just say that Dave almost went home with 4 fingers.  A tenth slower and the gator would have had him. Sorry, no picture.

Next, it was  an old school wrestling match where Dave out maneuvered the alligator and brought it up on stage to perform another trick.

Here we see David do the classic chin to snout pose.

Gill told us, Kachunga's  would do this if they were out hunting alone so they could tie the gator?s mouth shut. . After this many people who had seen enough started to leave for Nitro. We stuck around for more as they brought out  baby alligators and invited us down to check them out while the show was ending.

At this point we all stood near the railing fence area to check out the second  baby gator.

Plus, the crowd also had an opportunity to have a Q&A with the two host. When Gill got near us, I asked about the show, where they were from (West Palm) and how long did they plan on staying here at Great Adventure. (End of June). They also have three teams performing at other Six Flags parks through out the summer.

In the end, I thought the show was very informative and funny. Others might not.  

So, I leave the reader to Decide...
KACHUNGA  or NITRO

*you can also check out their web site here
http://www.kachunga.com/

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
Re: Photo TR: Kachunga and the Alligator show!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 06:04:58 PM »
Wow Joe! I can't believe how crazy that report was you posted! I don't know how I missed it!  ;)

All kidding aside, the show looks pretty neat, and could be a nice break from the crowds on a weekend... I wonder what will go in after they leave in June.

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!