Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 6-12  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
6-12
« on: June 13, 2006, 01:49:48 AM »
I got down there around 8:40... the traffic I expected did not exist. So I got some food and sat in my car in the WaWa parking lot. I got to the park at 9:30 and headed to the meeting area. It was really nice to finally meet everyone! After a while of standing around, moving, and standing some more (all totally worth it), we did the running of the bulls. We got into the station and I immediately went to the back row. I then continued to ride it 15 more times on a variety of rows. Reguardless of where you sit the ride is amazing, there is no bad seat!

The airtime on it is amazing, it is right up there with S:RoS. It is also amazingly smooth, my spine, back, neck, etc are all fine :) The headchoppers are also very plentiful. The first drop is incredible, 70 MPH at that angle into a headchopper is quite a fun combination. The next two hills provide some great airtime. The best hill by far is the drop into the twister section, you get rediculous air on it. The twister section is simply amazing, you are very low to the ground, going very fast, and there is alot of direction change. 10/10- Perfect! There is nothing wrong with this coaster, it has dethroned the King. Maple Grove better watch its back...

At around 2:30 or so they opened it to "them". The line was huge! The section wasn't even open and people were lined up for hours. As I was walking by the ropes they opened them up and people ran like crazy to the entrance. Thanks again to Wade, Diana, PR, and everyone else for making this such an awesome day.
is back? in black?

Offline DianaR

• Administrator
  • Congo Rapids
Re: 6-12
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:21:19 AM »
your welcome Andrew, Thanks for coming on such short notice! :)

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »
Excuse me Deadman, i was one of "THEM". Near the front i might add. Unfortunatly, not all of us have those special connections like y'all have.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:27:52 PM »
lol  - It was a inside joke David... you had to be there.  The ride op was actually making fun of "us" for calling the general public riders "them" so he was busting on us quite a bit about that.

It wasn't meant in a mean way ;)

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 10:08:55 PM »
Excuse me Deadman, i was one of "THEM". Near the front i might add. Unfortunatly, not all of us have those special connections like y'all have.
I was one of "them" too David. :D I was actually only lined up for about 40 minutes so it wasnt really that bad waiting for the ropes to drop.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:46:39 PM »
Excuse me Deadman, i was one of "THEM". Near the front i might add. Unfortunately, not all of us have those special connections like y'all have.

Didn't you say you were going to wear a Red --- shirt to the park, Aren't they your connections?  But yes it was a joke and we apologize if Andrew offended you. 

Offline Deadman

• Carousel
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 01:43:08 PM »
My bad... didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did. Just a joke from the day  :)
is back? in black?

Offline David Jr

• Parachute Training Center
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 07:12:56 PM »
Deadman: i knew you were joking so i decided to poke fun too. For some strange reason i never got any e-mail from ACE about media day. i figure either ACE wasn't invited or they didn't want me around.
Are you ready to send those commies running back to their mommies?

Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3