Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: My 6-13-06 trip  (Read 2776 times)

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
My 6-13-06 trip
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:08:16 PM »
Today was my best day , and I enjoyed it with my best friend for 27 years , Jim. Jim has not been to GADV since summer of 1999 , so he had some catch up to do. I got Jim in for free with my season pass coupon and he will be going free again due to the free admission tickets  ;D handed out for the park closing at 3pm today. We got to the park at 9:55am , and we made it to El Toro among the top 5. We rode the back row and all I can say it WOW!! Best ride in the park. The term launch time applys more than air time on this thing. After ET it was KK , which was a walk on. KK ran flawlessly again. After KK it was S:UF , parachutes , then nitro. All of them were walkons. After nitro it was skull mountain (walk on) then RAMT(walk on). Next we walked on Medusa , then we walked on GASM. I had lunch at LaCocina , then we soaked a few people on SMLF. We went back to ET for another ride via boarding pass but it was temporarily shut down. The time was 2:30pm and at that time we decided to leave. While leaving we saw ET was running and so was KK. Jim's rankings for the coasters are as follows : ET was the best , KK 2nd best , then it was nitro , and finally GASM. What a day for Jim. He had his 1st rides on nitro , KK , and ET within 1hr worth of time.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
Re: My 6-13-06 trip
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 04:34:55 PM »
Glad you had fun dude! El Toro is definatly gonna be a hit this summer!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:46:23 PM by Frissbeking »

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 09:07:39 PM »
How was the line for EL Toro  ?
I should have went today and used my coupon pass to bring a friend.
I'm sure there was no schools due to the 3pm closing  and walkons in June !!
Plus a free pass to come back (nice move Great Adventure)  ;D
A day like this won't happen again till a friday night in mid September
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:10:37 PM by pcman »
Yo

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:17:15 PM »
^When I found out there were no lines, I was angry. I was planning on going today but the latest I could have went would have been 1 and the park closed at 3. It was not worth the waste of gas. Hopefully another day like this will come sooner then we expect it too.

Offline Bubba Z

• White Castle Fries only come in one size
  • Global Moderator
  • Nitro
    • http://www.freewebs.com/fredbean/index.htm
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 11:19:23 PM »
I'm surprised riding GASM last, Jim choose it as his #4. Maybe he hit his head and forgot how the other where.  ;) . Glad you guys had an awesome time!

Offline Cyclonic

• Insomniac
  • Global Moderator
  • Enchanted Teacups
    • Penncoasters.com
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 11:45:27 PM »
I had planned on going to the park today as well, but I was beat from the last few days.  Glad you had a great time, and you friend will get to go back for free, sweet deal.
The world is coming to an end, I've actually created a blog!

Offline 68CamaroGuy

• Koala Canyon
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 02:20:24 AM »
I'm surprised riding GASM last, Jim choose it as his #4. Maybe he hit his head and forgot how the other where.  ;) . Glad you guys had an awesome time!
GASM was always a favorite of Jims. He's big into loops and stuff. He was not too impressed with S:UF. He felt it was alright , but not worth a long wait. He loved El Toro , and he's dying to ride it again , like me
Posted on: June 14, 2006, 02:12:24 am
How was the line for EL Toro  ?
I should have went today and used my coupon pass to bring a friend.
I'm sure there was no schools due to the 3pm closing  and walkons in June !!
Plus a free pass to come back (nice move Great Adventure)  ;D
A day like this won't happen again till a friday night in mid September
El Toro's line was not too bad. I was 3rd in line when I reached it after the stampede. Me and Jim were the 1st riders of the day in the last car. I still have boarding passes for the next time we go.
Posted on: June 14, 2006, 02:16:16 am
Glad you had fun dude! El Toro is definatly gonna be a hit this summer!
Agree 100%. El Toro will be a summer time smash. I forgot to mention that ET is the only ride I ever rode that launch's you out of your seat while going all the way up , over and all the way down each hill. I never rode S:ROS in NE but I heard about the insane air it has. I thought nitro had insane air until ET.
With enough desire , dedication , dicipline and determination anythings possible.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »
I'm hering now   10:10am on NJ 101.5  that the Media was invited for the after 3pm event with all free food all food stands and no crowds.
Turn on now 101.5 on the radio dial

Yeh a test seat is badly needed and you know how they have a Height stick to see if your tall enough they should have a girth stick you stand next to  .
I guess the trick is to exhale and suck in your gut when they push down on the bar.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:37:18 AM by pcman »
Yo

Offline overlord

• Graphc Designer
  • Administrator
  • Green Lantern
  • Batman has no limits.
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 10:17:27 AM »
^Listening now. This is interesting listening to them talk about Great Adventure. Of course there was gonna be no lines. It is the media only after all pretty much. Why does this guy have a problem with Great Adventure? Its not Six Flags fault for his obesity. He should lose some weight if he wants to ride El Toro. He must be really big if he cant fit in those seats. I agree though that they should have a test seat out infront of El Toro. However, I still dont think it would work because how are you gonna be able to tell when the sensor say's its ok to fit?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:25:23 AM by overlord »