Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: Six Flags, 77WABC and ESPN Launch eBay Charity Auction for CMN  (Read 3502 times)

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
For Immediate Release - June 5, 2006

Six Flags Great Adventure, 77WABC's Curtis & Kuby and 1050AM ESPN Unite for Children's Miracle Network Summer Kick Off Party and Premium Prize Pack Charity Auction

Party and prize packages available on eBay with 100% of proceeds benefitting charity

Jackson, NJ - Six Flags Great Adventure, 77WABC and its morning hosts Curtis and Kuby, and 1050AM ESPN team up for a one-of-a-kind charity event to benefit Children's Miracle Network June 21.

Theme park and sports fans alike can bid on eBay for premium prize packages and a spot on the VIP guest list for an exclusive theme park event June 21 - the first day of summer.  "Sports fanatics and theme park aficionados alike can take pride in knowing that 100% of the proceeds are benefitting Children's Miracle Network," said Walter Simon, promotions manager for Six Flags Great Adventure.

This 10-day auction, that begins June 6, includes the following packages:

Six Flags/CMN Summer Kick Off Party - June 21, 2006 from 7 to 10 am
Minimum bid $100
Valid for 500 guests
* Private opening for Six Flags Great Adventure theme park and three hours of exclusive ride time for just 500 guests featuring exclusive ride time in the new Plaza del Carnaval, featuring El Toro, Rolling Thunder and Tango; the world's tallest, fastest roller coaster - Kingda Ka*; the all-new Bugs Bunny National Park section for kids; Runaway Train and Medusa - AND enjoy the park for the entire the day.  Package also includes free parking, breakfast and a free ticket to Six Flags Hurricane Harbor valid through 7/31/06.
*Kingda Ka scheduled to operate from 9 to 10 am.

Premium Package No. 1 presented by 77WABC
Ride El Toro with Curtis & Kuby
Minimum bid $500
Valid for two (2) guests
* Six Flags/CMN VIP Party featuring three hours of exclusive ride time on 6/21, with free parking and breakfast (details above)
* Take a one-of-a-kind ride on the all-new El Toro wooden roller coaster with WABC radio show hosts Curtis and Kuby.
* In-studio visit to WABC to sit in on John Gambling/Mayor Bloomberg Show
* Pair of tickets/VIP passes to the 77WABC Hannity Freedom Concert at Six Flags Great Adventure, featuring Lee Greenwood, Hank Williams Jr. and Sara Evans  July 21 at 6 pm

Premium Package No. 2 presented by 77WABC
In studio visit with Warner Wolf
Minimum bid $500
Valid for two (2) guests
* Meet Warner Wolf in studio during one of his live broadcasts
* Six Flags/CMN VIP Party featuring three hours of exclusive ride time on 6/21, with free parking and breakfast (details above)
* One (1) Derek Jeter serigraph by Rick Rush - "A Series of Stars" - valued at $700
* Two (2) tickets to the Tiki Barber/CMN VIP party in New York City - May, 2007 - limited to just 250 guests.

Premium Package No. 3 presented by Six Flags Great Adventure
Six Flags Family Fun Pack
Minimum bid $500
Valid for four (4) guests
* Entrance to the all-new "Brunch with Bugs" event, featuring one-on-one visits with Bugs Bunny and friends, a hot, buffet breakfast, interactive show for kids and a special prize for kids 12 and under.
* Wild Safari Off-Road Adventure Tour - up to three hours with a private tour guide in a zebra-striped Land Rover taking you closer than ever to the world's most exotic and amazing animals
* Ride in the 45th Anniversary Parade at Six Flags Great Adventure
* 4 hour self-guided premium theme park tour, allowing immediate access to all your favorite rides with minimal waiting!

Premium Package No. 4 presented by Six Flags Great Adventure
Ultimate Fun Tour
Minimum bid $500
Valid for four (4) guests
* 4 hour self-guided premium theme park tour, allowing immediate access to all your favorite rides with minimal waiting
* Two (2) meals per person
* Two (2) snacks per person
* Free ride photo
* 10 games
* $20 in free merchandise
* Four (4) drink cups + refills

Prize Package No. 5 presented by 1050AM ESPN Radio
Experience the Michael Kay Show from the ESPN studio and 4 tickets to the June 21 New York Yankees Game at Philadelphia
Minimum bid: $500
VALID FOR FOUR (4) GUESTS
* ONCE IN A LIFETIME EXPERIENCE!
Meet Michael Kay, Don LaGreca and Joey Salvia at the ESPN studio, listen to their broadcast live and take pictures with the guys on a 
date to be determined and get 1050AM ESPN Radio merchandise.
* One (1) Derek Jeter serigraphs by Rick Rush "A Series of Stars". (Valued at $700)
* Two (2) tickets to the Tiki Barber/Children's Miracle Network VIP Party
(Private Party limited to 250 people) May 2007 in Manhattan.
* Includes transportation via limo from your home to SFGA to Citizen's 
Bank Park in Philadelphia and back home
* 4 hour self-guided premium theme park tour, allowing immediate access to all your favorite rides with minimal waiting.

Prize Package No. 6 presented by 1050AM ESPN Radio
Ride El Toro with Joey Salvia
Minimum bid: $500
VALID FOR TWO (2) GUESTS
* Take one-of-a-kind ride on the all-new El Toro wooden roller coaster with 1050AM ESPN radio show host Joey Salvia
* One (1) Derek Jeter serigraphs by Rick Rush "A Series of Stars". (Valued at $700)
* Two (2) tickets to the Tiki Barber/Children's Miracle Network VIP Party
(Private Party limited to 250 people) May 2007 in Manhattan.
* 4 hour self-guided premium theme park tour, allowing immediate access to all your favorite rides with minimal waiting.

Visit www.ebay.com for auction details.  For more park information, visit www.sixflags.com/greatadventure .

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
Re: Six Flags, 77WABC and ESPN Launch eBay Charity Auction for CMN
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 07:31:17 PM »
Very intresting I wonder if 6/21 will be the media day or if this will be after media day ? The bidding will be to high for me but I wish all who bid good luck.

Offline coasterrider15

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:34:32 PM »
This sounds like a great event, and the best part is that CMN is benefiting from it. That is a great organization, and I bet that this charity auction will have great success. :)

Although we pretty much knew this already, this confirms that El Toro will be open by then.

Offline oldays

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »
There is more opportunities to go to this exclusive event for only $100!
Check out:  www.ebay.com/sixflagsnj

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 06:34:18 PM »
Only a little over a day left on this auction and there are only 10 out of 500 tickets sold for this event.  And bids on only 2 of the big packages.  Somehow I thought $100 was a little steep, maybe if they thew in the Gold FlashPass for the day it might get more bids.  I was contemplating going,  but with this level of interest I would be afraid it might get canceled all together.

I know everyone is waiting until the last 10 minutes to bid  ;).

Update:  Well I'm guilty...I'll be going to this event.  There were only around 12 bids and they only relisted 200 of the tickets.  I'll post an update following the event. 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 03:17:22 PM by Ogolo »

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 07:54:14 AM »
This event was AMAZING!!!  I thought I died and went to Roller Coaster Heaven!!

First off...Only about 20 people bought tickets on eBay for this event.  So on monday I received and eMail stating that the event had changed due to lack of interest.  Instead of 3 hours it was switching to 1 1/2 hours with El Toro starting a 8:30 AM.  But to make up for it we all received a VIP Exit pass for the rest of the day!    ;D

So I arrived a little early at 7:45 AM and they said Kingda Ka was already open if I wanted to ride it.  Nothing like riding Kindga Ka 5 times in a row front seat with on other person on the train.  Can we say overlaunch!  Just so much airtime over the top.  The most amazing rides I have ever gotten.   I also finally realized that there is a fog/mist generator at the end of the launch track.  I always wondered why it got cold before you went skyward.

At 8:20 I head over to El Toro...It opened at around 8:30 and there weren't even enough people to fill the train.  Tried all the different spots front, back (which I personally like the best).  The very front row is also a treat.

9:30 I headed back over to Kingda Ka and stayed of it front row until the park opened to the public.  I'd have to say it was priceless to be the ONLY person on the train when the crowd from the "Running of the bulls" came into the Golden Kingdom and I was still on the ride.  One more lanch and the Public was in line and I was done (At least for my solo mission).

The rest of the day was spent using the VIP Exit pass through out the park.  I honestly lost count of my rides on El Toro and Kingda Ka.

This was a Once in a lifetime experience...
Great Adventure did a wonderful job with this event they could have easily canceled it, but instead they made it 100% better.

WOW!

Offline ChuckR

• Would you just look at it?
  • Global Moderator
  • Kingda Ka
  • RIP Chiller...
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 01:30:28 PM »
Glad you had fun! I am really jealous...

Offline peterpjr

• Human Locker
  • Parachute Training Center
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 04:28:40 PM »
What an amazing event.   I had several rides on Kingda Ka alone in the front row with not one other person on the train.  I rode El Toro 34 times yesterday thanks to the ert and the vip pass that was given to us.

I can't believe not more people took advantage of this event.  They opened Kingda Ka around 730 am and El Toro around 830 am. It was a dream come true riding these rides when the park was closed.  Who would have ever thought you could go on Kingda KA five times in a row in the first car wiht not one other person on the train.

A special thank you to Six Flags management for being so generous.  Not only did they open the park early but they gave up a VIP pass valid all day.  What a generous contribution for a good cause.  Words can not tell you how much I appreciated the VIP pass.

Offline PcMan

• Kingda Ka
  • Yo
    • techhi.net
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 06:12:28 PM »
I forgot all about it
Did you get the $100 ticket  ?
That was a good deal with all the rides you got
Id say a few years worth
Beats getting a Flashpass.
I hope they have more events like this
Yo

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 09:23:25 PM »
You were not the only one who forgot about the eBay auction!
They were shooting for 500 peple and barely got 30.
$100 got you in. 
Only 2 of the bigger packages went for the asking $500 price.
Nobody even bid on the ESPN packages.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 11:02:31 AM by Ogolo »

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 10:28:58 AM »
Hopefully this was just a issue of not enough time to push it hard enough.  I was surprised it didn't do better as well.  Congrats to both of you though for helping a good cause though!

And welcome to updates peterpjr!