Welcome, Guest

Latest 20 Shouts

Current Weather

SIX Stock

Author Topic: 6/24 TR 2 toro trains and a medusa evacuation  (Read 2062 times)

Offline coastermom

• Batman & Robin: The Chiller
6/24 TR 2 toro trains and a medusa evacuation
« on: June 25, 2006, 11:24:55 AM »
Yes we were at the park Saturday for a few hours and this was a really intresting day . Went right to Toro and only saw one train running, then saw train two come around with only 2 people on it . Then we noticed both trains with full rows  running . Went on line for  Toro sat in the last row . We did have some sand kicking up don't know if it was on the track from the storms or it was in the trains from people having it in their shoes. it did hurt though .                                                                                                                         After that walked around went on the log flume and then over to medusa. Hubby and one daughter  went on no problems. So me and my other DD go on and then it decided to break down. Load the train and the story I am getting is the girl in the front waved to the ride opt to get off the ride he tried to stop the ride and only one side of the floor come back up or only one side went down i really wasn't sure. All i do know is that we were on the train and had to wait to get evacuated off . We didn't even get to RIDE !!!  >:(. Oh well .                                                                                                                      Walked over to the other side of the park and all rides were closed due to lighting in the area . Skull mtn. was still running so the kids went on that and then the heavens opend up . This ended our day there as the storms didn't seem to let up at all . Not too bad of a day  only a few hours there but fun was had by all .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2006, 07:53:42 PM by coastermom »

Offline CoasterPete

• Jungleland Express
Re: 6/24 TR 2 toro trains and a medusa evacuation
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 06:04:27 PM »
I was at the park on Friday and also rode in the last seat later in the day.  We felt the sand also and so did the girls sitting in front of us.  We were baffled at first but I think it may be from everyone's shoes and those hills just send the sand flying.  It was mainly the first 3 hills but it did hurt a little. 

Pete
Florida's hidden secret.....the Dania Beach Hurricane!

Offline WadeJ

• Administrator
  • Green Lantern
    • GadvOutpost
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 06:15:42 PM »
I would think with the weather we have been having along with all of the "themed" sand in the queue, it is making its way into the floor of the cars on peoples shoes.  That beach sand tends to get on everything.

Glad to hear the 2nd train is rolling.  Just like we were told on Media day - "around" two weeks :)

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 06:21:02 PM »
Perhaps the themed sand was a bad idea that needs to be revisited....

Offline Ogolo

• Rolling Thunder
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 07:10:27 PM »
I also had a sand experience on my rides on 6/21/06.  And yes it did hurt.
But even worse was some one spit and it landed right in my hand in the last car.
Talk about disgusting..   What do some people think!!
I'm glad it was only my hand.

Offline Robert T Ackerman

• SPAGHETT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Green Lantern
  • "The Grammar Hammer!"
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 07:45:55 PM »
I was noticing the sand problems on the first day we were riding it. It's just from the sand in the queue getting caught up in the wind. You have to remember how light sand is, and how easy the wind can carry it, and the wind usually blows in the direction of the first drop, so most of the time, you get a quick blast in the face with sand. Not fun by any means, but easily forgotten as you are trying to hold yourself in the seat!

Yeah, that sucks about Chiller...I hate to see it like that. Hey, so we should get a group picture or something ok. I'll call you later!

Offline GADVwow

• Kingda Ka
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 07:48:46 PM »
If the sand is a problem, there is an easy solution.

And that solution is a LOT easier than dealing with patrons who have had problems due to the sand.

Seems to me it should go.  This really is a no-brainer.